Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 678 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 6:56:32 AM PDT
Soulflux says:
Kind of a lurker here but I'm bored at work. So I'll jump in.

Ascalonian Catacombs is somewhat difficult especially if you plan on doing it with PUGs at the proper level. Lack of anyone being able to cover for mistakes means you really have to be responsible with your dodging and kiting. Elementalist type ghosts can typically one shot low hp people and like to cover the area with AoEs that do significant damage.

I recommend if you go in there to make sure your party is using utility weapon sets, knockdowns/stuns are all useful especially against high damage caster critters.

I'm a level 79 Asura Elementalist playing on Tarnished Coast. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask, I'll be glad to give my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 7:01:46 AM PDT
What did you do for most of your leveling?

Thanks for the tips on AC!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 7:12:47 AM PDT
Soulflux says:
Typically I would just 100% whatever level range zone was appropriate. Always doing every event that popped up in the area and repeating them if I came across them while traveling. Even if you're short on time - whacking a couple of critters in an event and moving on will net you a bronze rating which is still some free xp.

I also gained quite a few levels doing Jewelcrafting. I focused on just JC for now but you can gain a ton of experience crafting. I would easily have enough materials from 100% a zone to gain a level from JCing.

I typically duo with my brother who is a Human Necromancer. Makes doing some events a lot more plausible. Especially the multiple Veteran/Champion boss type ones.

World vs World is also a good way to get experience. Defending a keep is a crazy amount of xp and taking one is also a good chunk. Queue times for World vs World a little long though and it can be disheartening if your realm is on the wrong end of a beat down.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:15:46 AM PDT
Bulbachutwo says:
I'm going to be on tonight and I'm going to get an invite hopefully :D

Styvn is my toon name.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:24:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 7:26:43 AM PDT
I'm going to add a list of players to the OP that need guild invites. Once you guys get them let me know and I'll take the names down.

EDIT They're up. If I missed anyone let me know! This way your ID doesn't get buried in future posts.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:39:48 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
Can the people that need invites post when they plan to be on?
I'll look for you tonight.
@ Capt K
Also maybe posting a few names that they can ask invites from.
Mines - Taliza
weekdays 2:00pm-6:00 pm pst

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 7:41:10 AM PDT
Good idea. Adding that as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 7:43:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 7:43:39 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
I can do as well. I'm Armmanno.

I'm on from 7pm est to around 10 or 11pm.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 7:44:40 AM PDT
I just tried to invite, but you weren't on. Side note, I dep'd some mats into the guild bank, so if anyone is looking for some cooking mats or some leathers, get them while the getting is good. I didn't put in any of my boxes because I'm sure that people can make the same or better than what I've got right now.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 8:38:53 AM PDT
Bulbachutwo says:
I'm in Italy so my 7-8pm is like 1-2 PM for Eastern folks :D I like the idea of adding folks I could message for an invite into the OP. I will be utilizing this :)

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 8:49:37 AM PDT
I can finally craft linen now so anyone needing 14 slot bags just give me a shout. Once the trading post went up I made 5g in a few hours and finally got tailoring caught up to my level :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 8:50:49 AM PDT
Just selling bags?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 9:05:14 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
Who doesn't need 14 slot bags??

This may be a dumb question but where do you go to deposit into the guild bank?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:06:21 AM PDT
Sars says:
Ill normally be on for a couple hours each night, normally starting around 830 central time, it all depends on what time my kid goes to bed and what the wife is doing.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:08:15 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
So far, at least, I haven't found much need for bag space to be perfectly honest. I still have one of my starter 4 slot bags even though I can make 10 slot.

Anything worth keeping I can just right click on it and deposit it anywhere in the world. Anything I don't want, I can sell on the trading post again anywhere in the world. If it's not worth anything there, I just salvage it and deposit the materials. The 'junk' stuff dosen't really build up that fast, and merchants are everywhere to unload that all with a click.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:15:35 AM PDT
Well, I for one need bags. I've got the 8 slots that I made, but I rarely go to towns to where I can unload. Also, I run around farming every node that I can find for the XP and to help crafting for myself and others.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 10:49:10 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
But what are you storing in your bags?

If you rick click on say a stack of Iron Ore, you can select the "Deposit Collectible" option which is basically a bank. You can do that from anywhere, don't have to be in a town or anything.

Unless you're running around with multiple stacks of the same thing I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 11:01:53 AM PDT
Examples are weapons/armor that I don't want to break down, plus I'm always carrying multiple stacks of scavenging kits because I don't want to run out again and breaking stuff down really decreases my carry total(using the deposit collectible tool in my inventory). I'm always carrying around 1 stack of keys because I never know when a chest is going to drop for me. Then, I've got my backup farming tools such as mining picks or logging axes. It starts adding up quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 11:14:46 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
Another instance would be if you want to experiment with recipes and need to pull out a ton of stuff from the collectibles page. Have you noticed how many food ingredients there are compared to other crafting professions?

I pretty much filled up my bags with everything I had just to experiment. Thankfully I had enough space to do so. Later on when I gather many more ingredients I can imagine this being a problem unless there is another way of doing it that I am missing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 3:04:07 PM PDT
Geomancer says:
I don't know about cooking (haven't done it) but in the other professions there are 'tiers' of materials. So pretty much nothing from teir 1 is used in a tier 2 recipe. Like once you start making silver jewelry you'll not use copper or any of the first 6 (I think?) gems again.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:18:52 PM PDT
Anet's support is pretty terrible.

I submitted a ticket on 8/25 regarding my HoM error from the GW1 account link. Since my email address for GW2 matched the address I used to create a trial account back in 2006, the accounts linked themselves. So instead of getting my 200+ hour HoM from GW1 on my real account (with all expansions), I get auto-linked to a trial account with two level 3 characters.

So, ticket submitted 8/25
First response 8/26 stating they were looking into my problem
Second response 8/31 requesting additional information
Additional information given 8/31
Third response on 9/6 requesting the SAME information I already gave. They obviously don't read through my response at all... It's all there.
I sent the same copy/pasted information back this evening. I wonder if I'll hear back from them by next Thursday?

This is more frustrating than dealing with an overseas company. Every time you respond it feels like they put your ticket at the end of the list. I understand there are issues and they are probably getting a lot of emails, but come on. I gave them the info and they didn't even read it... If I get another response asking for the same crap, I'm going to be PO'd.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 7:23:19 PM PDT
vishock says:
that sucks, im pretty sure they are just swamped.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 4:05:54 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
Kind of similar response times on the ticket I submited. I was having trouble loging into my GW1 account, so I tried a password reset and it took about a week to get a response. I didn't have Eye of the North though, so no point in linking, so I had just created a new account anyways. They fixed the issue though, didn't give me the run around.

This is one of the differences between pay to play, and free to play, but even so no guarantees.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 4:50:18 AM PDT
This is true. I've had issues with NCsoft in the past before with other games though.

I wouldn't have minded if they submitted a response along the lines of:

"Thank you for submitting your information, we'll be reviewing your submission and will update your ticket as soon as possible"

Instead of not even reading my submission at all and requesting it a second time. It just shows that they pay little to no attention to the tickets.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:52:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 5:54:13 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
Guys still trying to do AC tonight? There is a tip guide for it up on IGN right now (looking on my phone or I would link).

I'd like to try it, though I have to admit I have no idea how to use my engineer in a group yet. I feel like it is definitely a support class. I have like 5 or so kits that all have completely different skills, some are all about either clearing or giving different status effects to group or mobs. Might be a learning process for me the first few times.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions