Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Got to give it to Sony on this last generation.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 189 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:57:13 PM PST
Prankster says:
If I am buying a console, I am probably going to be looking at the exclusives. If I can play multi-plats on either console, I am obviously going to choose the console which offers me even more games than those which are already available. But it also depends on which ones appeal to me. I find a lot of Sony's games cater to my tastes so a PS3 for me is a wise purchase but I can see why it won't be for someone.

And as much as I'd want every game to be available for every platform, we have to accept the fact that exclusivity is something that companies want!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:57:23 PM PST
DVvM says:
I have more Wii games than Xbox 360 games, but the games this generation I like best (the Bioware and Bethesda sorts of games) are on the Xbox 360 and not the Wii (though they are on the PS3 as well.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:04:21 PM PST
i choose my multi-platform titles based off my own preferences. for instance, Bayonetta was developed with the 360 in mind, Final Fantasy XIII used to be a PS3 exclusive, Dead Space originally started as a project on the original Xbox before development moved to the 360 - plus, its only platform you can find the Ultra Limited Edition on it. same goes for developers too. anything by Bethesda, Gearbox Sofware, Bioware i rather have on PC. developers like Rockstar and Square-Enix i rather have on PS3, and the 360 takes anything by EA and Team Ninja/ Tecmo. sometimes its not always the case, and i'll end up mix and matching cross-platform.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 2:01:25 AM PST
Real217 says:
I dont even see platforms, i see video games i want to play and thats it. I really dont see the big deal in checking what platform what game is on, what good does that do? you'll still end up playing a game you like regardless. Does this affect quality in any way? not much to make any difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:29:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 2:33:01 AM PST
That's the belief of many true gamers,the quality and enjoyment of the game not so much of "It's only for the Xbox 360!/PS3!/Wii!" kind of mentality. The people with that kind of thinking are usually the fanatical fanboys of those systems where trying to reason with them is pointless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 3:36:20 AM PST
Real217 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:15:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 9:52:50 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Sony has my vote as well.

Blu-ray, much more exclusive variety, free online, PS+, decent online store (or it was), Vita, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:18:57 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Jason has like 10 consoles, imagine how fat he is.

:P

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:52:00 AM PST
JWK says:
I can only get into games if they're financially successful. If a corporation isn't doing well, I stop enjoying the games they release. I learned that from the VGF.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:57:06 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
You heard it here folks. If you own all 3 consoles you are a fat loser who never goes outside. Fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:03:42 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I'm not sure anyone who prays to a cosmic space santa to eliminate The Gay Agenda really needs to be lecturing anyone on getting a life.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:10:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 27, 2012 4:12:32 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:12:38 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
"I'm not going to glorify that with a real reply. Here's a real reply."

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:16:17 AM PST
I have to give it to sony as well. Not only are they risk takers, but their console is up to date and is much more reliable than xbox and wii. I have several friends who still play on a day 1 ps3 console and it runs like new. While I do not have any friends who can say that with xbox. (red ring, wooo!) And Wii, I apologize for anyone who disagrees with me but I for one felt that they didn't really have any good games for it.. (other than a minor few) The WiiMote and Nunchuk were pretty innovative but they consoles graphical power is really lacking.. (not to mention the WiiU following the same path).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:17:17 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
You seem like a really angry person. Is everything OK? Let's talk it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:18:51 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Indeed, Donnie. This is a safe place, Real. No one here will judge you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:25:02 AM PST
Real217 says:
lol, I'm angry because i pointed out the obvious? You have three consoles of the new era, more likely than not you dont have a life. I mean you didnt buy it to lock them up in a box did you? There's more to life than the TV screen. Thats my point.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:26:23 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Such seething rage... Have you seen a counselor? Have you considered medication? You could be a danger to your friends and family and not even know it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:34:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 6:34:40 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
FYI, pretty much everyone on this forum board has 3+ consoles (if we are considering gaming PC's apart of that nerdology). I have a PS3, gaming PC, Gameboy Color, and a Vita. So that makes 4.

So please press the big red X, you have been eliminated.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:35:35 AM PST
I disagree with the OP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:40:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 6:43:30 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I own all 3 consoles and have a good job, many friends who I do things with regularly, a girlfriend, and I exercise every single day. You seem like you're projecting your own issues on other people. Like I said, the rage isn't necessary and we're here to help you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:41:27 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
He's probably the fat one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:42:25 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
That's my suspicion. He seems like he's angry from spending all this time indoors playing video games. His persona on the Internet is a desperate plea for the attention that he is sorely lacking in his real existence.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:43:21 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Probably? More like definitely.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:44:13 AM PST
Real217 says:
Good for you. Thats just my opinion. You dont have to like it you know.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions