Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Hurricane Sandy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-73 of 73 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 26, 2012 10:04:39 AM PDT
Well, they're evacuating hospitals here on Long Island that are near the ocean... so I'm guessing that they're not treating this like a joke :) Ugh, I hate losing power.... I need a battery/generator for my PS3 :)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:56:19 AM PDT
Fidel Amaya says:
Hope everyone is prepared and knows what to do in an emergency.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:02:47 AM PDT
A lot of my extended family is in Massapeuqa.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:05:50 AM PDT
Mass-a-what???

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:07:53 AM PDT
A while back this thing called google was invented ....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:10:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 11:30:32 AM PDT
Ooh!!! That thing that was invented in my backyard!!! winks*

Sooo I guess i'll look Mass-a-??? up myself!!!

[Massapequa is a hamlet (and a census-designated place) in the southern part of the Town of Oyster Bay in southeastern Nassau County, New York.]

And now y*O*u* know!!!

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 10:51:46 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
had two days off from school cause of the storm. back to normal tomor

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 10:52:51 AM PDT
Him says:
They should've named it Hurricane Sony...all promise, no delivery.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 3:08:22 PM PDT
Work closed for the 3rd day in a row. It's nice to have a long weekend but throwing out all the food in the fridge and walking into walls removes the excitement.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 3:13:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2012 3:57:38 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:46:50 PM PST
Wondering how long are you east coast gamers have had to wait for gas. Yesterday was a half hour for one of the cars and today was almost 2 hours waiting. I'm even seeing shit head people trying to sell gas on Craigslist. It's getting out of hand.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:46:23 AM PST
I count myself lucky, I live in the center of Connecticut. And for the most part the storm moved around us.

My heart goes out to those who live in the path of the storm.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:48:47 AM PST
The gas situation is easing up in Westchester. I passed a few on my way to work that didn't even have a line. (and yes they had gas/power)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:00:53 AM PST
They are selling gas on Craigslist? I see a few problems with this

1. This isn't a post apocalyptic world yet (I see that in a lot of those kinds of games and movies :p)
2. If the issue is no power or internet... how are people seeing gas for sale.
3. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? A great amount of people have just lost a lot, some have lost everything. And your going to kick em while they are down? Graghrgagen... people make me ill sometimes.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:01:32 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Still long lines here, unless you are up at 5am. They are doing the odd/even license plate thing, enforced by cops at the stations too. Today is both my cars turn, but i'm unsure if i'll have the 3 hrs to burn in the middle of a workday. We have enough gas to last us to perhaps wednesday, but then with the noreaster coming it might be chaos.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:14:32 AM PST
People wait around for events like this so they can scam people. On Staten Island people claiming to be "Search and Rescue" were looting people's homes. It happens.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:19:13 AM PST
Makes me want to kick people into traffic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:21:35 AM PST
Likewise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:23:06 AM PST
On NY1, SI residents were saying that people were dressing up in Con Ed uniforms and then robbing them once inside. And this was only after 2-3 days without power. Animals, brah.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:26:09 AM PST
Yup. There should be a separate law for people doing this. Like lining them up and shooting them.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:04:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:16:40 AM PST
The sheer devastation of hurricane Sandy also has the trickle down effect on the rest of the country as well....Here in Salem some businesses can't keep their heads above water....since they depend on Tourist $$ during our majickal Halloween Haunted Happens festivities during October...

A lot of Tours were cancelled cuz of the storm....Even ferry service was cancelled do to high and dangerous Ocean wave conditions as well...witch meant that revenues on HALLOWEEN were severely down...leaving many businesses forced to close their doors and people losing their jobs!!!...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:17:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
There was a 2.2 magnitude earthquake in northern NJ this morning at 119 am.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:23:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:31:06 AM PST
Get-0ut-o-town!!!....Yikes!!!....Good thing a magnitude 2.2 is barely a b*u*m*p on the richter scale!!! hugs*

But I can only imagine after the shock of going through Sandy...any additional anomaly would be stressful....pout*
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions