Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Worst Video Game You Regret Purchasing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 287 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:19:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2012 12:21:01 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 12:22:21 AM PDT
Jojo Mojo says:
Modern Warfare 3 Hardened edition. I enjoyed the campaign and everything but when playing multiplayer it hit me. It was pretty much the same as MW2. The Hardened edition wasn't even that great. I don't play the game anymore, so it's probably my biggest regret. Worst game? Not all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:30:06 AM PDT
rpd123 says:
See, that's a good one. I regret getting it too. Played about an hour and haven't played since. I'll finish it someday, but I'm not feeling it.

I also think that Fable 3 was a terrible game. At first it seems pretty cool, then it hits you that it kind of sucks. Oh and GI Joe for the PSP. That game was terrible. I also just bought Medal of Honor: Heroes for my PS Vita and it's not living up to what I expected. It's still fun, just not what I remembered on PSP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:48:15 AM PDT
David L. says:
I actually loved Touch n' Go. It was my childhood, basically.

What I regret getting was Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion. I preordered the game since there was a drought of 3DS games and I had way too much money. It was fun and I enjoyed it, but the physics were horrible, voice acting drove me nuts, un-smooth animations looked ugly, and it was, in the end, Brawl minus most of the fun.

Thinking back, I should have waited for the price to drop before getting it, but I at least got a nice t-shirt from preordering it.

My friend Jon Wilken still laughs at the fact I preordered this game. Whenever we're arguing about something, he simply brings this up and angers me.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:51:56 AM PDT
Brad Michael says:
Brink on PS3. During the PSN outage. And then the horrible horrible horrible lag. And short game. Biggest regret in my gaming history, by far.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 5:27:48 AM PDT
badguy says:
Fall out 3 would have been great if not for the countless glitches and frequent freezing

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 5:47:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 5:48:27 AM PDT
No disrespect but Fallout 3 is one of the best games this generation.

Yeah I also was one of the few who bought Brink at full price :(

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:39:28 AM PDT
pyroguy says:
some people have said that "Doom 3" is one of the worst games ever, but I heavily disagree with that statement. either those haters are just piss-poor players, or haven't even bothered about playing it

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:57:57 AM PDT
Rage - Between the delays, issues at release, the unimpressive game I got, and some lofty expectations this one didn't deliver at the level I thought it would. While the basic shooting mechanics are solid and fun the overall package is repetitive and doesn't strive to do much beyond being a solid shooter. $60 wasted and a game I'll never finish.

Fable - I spent so long waiting for this to come out, just drooling over it as I played Morrowind imagining this world where my character would actually age and eventually die. The idea of seeing the world grow and change around you sounded so amazing and I completely got caught up in the hype. Imagine my surprise two days after I bought the game I was looking at the ending credits and most of what was promised to be in the game wasn't there.

Ping Pals - Got this right after the release of the DS and I don't even know what drove me to purchase it. Nothing about the game sounds remotely appealing yet for some reason I picked it up, popped it in for three minutes to realize it was a chat program that didn't work online, and never played it again.

Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition [Download] - While not a bad game at the time I was trying to decide between this and Fallout 3. Stood in the store for awhile going back and forth only to end up with Far Cry 2 liking the sound of the open world map, wild land fires, and all of that. When I got home I found a mixed back and instantly regretted not going with the Bethesda title. The enemy respawns were annoying, always driving to the other side of the map sucked, and overall it just didn't pull me in the way I had hoped. Two days later I was back at the store buying Fallout 3 and then a few hours later I was kicking myself in the ass for not getting it in the first place.

FortressCraft - This Indie title it is a ripoff of Minecraft though at the time it was being pushed as something different. Minecraft was having a lull in updates and Notch wasn't giving the project too much attention so I got caught up on this new XBIG title. What started off as promising quickly did nothing. None of the following chapters were ever released which were supposed to expand the game adding in elements not seen in Minecraft (player controller NPCs to gather supplies, relics, new game mods, ect). The designer just added in more block types and never really felt the need to outdo Minecraft which left a disappointing experience. After the initial "wow" factor of playing something like Minecraft on my 360 the game did very little for me lacking the survival elements from Minecraft. Worst part is I got other people on board with this one.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 7:31:01 AM PDT
quinten488 says:
Regret paying full price for that garbage MW3 and selling it for $44.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 7:58:33 AM PDT
pyroguy says:
did you ever try waiting for the significant price drop before actually buying it in the first place? I ask this question, because i've bought both "Dead Space" games as well as "AvP 2010" for under $10 (when excluding the shipping/handling charge), although "Dead Space 2" was around $7.32 at full charge when I bought it back in February.

Now "Dead Space 3" might be the only exception at buying the game at full price when it comes out early next year.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 10:28:29 AM PDT
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that likes Fable. Those games have problems and don't feel like AAA exclusives with large budgets, but they have a unique feel and charm to them that I like. They could be a lot better, but there's something I like about them. Not the greatest games ever, but an enjoyable time for me.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:04:42 AM PDT
J. Arthur says:
I would have to say X-Men Destiny. Just terrible.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:10:47 AM PDT
Peragulator says:
Homefront: You're dropped off at the end of the campaign, can't walk past clothes lines, stuck in doorways until the conversation is over. MP: If you're in the lobby with a friend 90% of the time he'll be on the other side when you start. People were able to shoot you from across the map no matter where you were and the leaderboard was hacked. Ghost Recon is pretty bad too.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:17:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 11:26:01 AM PDT
I Love Bruno says:
Epic Mickey, most definitely. I was so excited about this game but after getting it home on release day and futzing with the god-awful camera for about 90 minutes I gave up and wanted to break the disc into pieces! Oh, and Bayonetta. Boring, too hard and waaaay too long. And let's not forget...Rudolph The Rednose Reindeer for wii- the only "game" that can be beaten in 10 minutes!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:38:35 PM PDT
Lat says:
Yeah, that god-awful game would have probably given your PS3 an STD or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:40:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 30, 2012 1:17:39 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:51:29 PM PDT
Derek says:
Hands down.........Homefront!!!! Went to midnight release, took it home and about 4 hours later I was done. The graphics were crappy and it seemed unfinished, and of course when I went to trade it in that same day, all I got was $15!!!! I just went ahead and traded it in cause I couldn't bring myself to sell it to my friend that wanted to buy it, I told him it wasn't worth his time....Homefront, too me, is the worst game I ever bought & played...Duke Nukem Forever is a close 2nd though.....

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:54:04 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Mine would be Tales of Graces f. SOO boring and the story is way too long(never thought I'd say that).

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 2:21:46 PM PDT
J. Arthur says:
@Gamer Dude--very surprised to hear that. I have not yet played Tales of Graces F, but I am a huge fan of the Tales series and all of my friends have raved about it. Even the reviews on Amazon are uniformly positive. Interesting.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 2:30:02 PM PDT
Probably either Street Fighter X Tekken or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations. I bought both because people I play a lot with were all playing them and pressured me into it. Turns out, none of them really enjoyed SFxT and traded it in right away. I've barely touched that since. They all kept playing Naruto, but I absolutely couldn't stand the game. I'm determined to get the platinum in it though, just so I can justify that I got my money's worth out of it.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 3:02:50 PM PDT
Lotro.

/sigh

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 3:23:05 PM PDT
Resistance 2
Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness

Both huge POS.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 3:35:34 PM PDT
battle field bad company 2 and Resident evil ORC

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 3:44:28 PM PDT
Dom says:
the MLB 2k11, MLB 2k12, College Hoops 2k6 (one of the first games I bought when I got xbox)... Can't think of any non sports games that I really hated...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Aren't Xbox Fans Tired of Being Second Best? 6 1 minute ago
Oakland's 80-year pinball prohibition ends 5 2 minutes ago
Happy Birthday Zelda (& Link)! 1 9 minutes ago
OT: Is just me, or is the "Ice Bucket Challenge" dumb? 73 9 minutes ago
Pc vs Console's: Which is truly the best? 175 12 minutes ago
Xbox One Version of FIFA 14 Canceled in Japan to the Surpise of (Almost) No One 19 12 minutes ago
As I sit drinking doing comedy all I can say is damn I love being a real dude. 68 14 minutes ago
Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda 0 15 minutes ago
Official Mario Kart 8 Racing Thread 2 28 minutes ago
Telltale's The Walking Dead did storytelling better than The Last of Us 199 33 minutes ago
When Keller demands you to make a list of your top 25 games from gen 7... 18 45 minutes ago
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 7320 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions