Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Molyneux lays a logic bomb on Nintendo's forehead

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:35:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:36:39 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Yeah, because it is fair to compare a 25 year old franchise to a 5 year old franchise. Zelda isn't released yearly like Halo, Gears, Uncharted and GoW. Nor is Metroid. But don't let that you stop you from being Douglas 2.0. You hate Nintendo, blindly I might add. Cool story, but not worth the effort. Have a good one. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:35:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:37:39 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Yes, the world's imploding...

Anyway, question time. Do you think COD is going to last 30 years? Secondly, what has Call of Duty done that totally flips the script and makes it the legendary (apparently) franchise it is?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:36:40 AM PST
Have the wackos in this thread ever heard of a DS (or how about using dual monitors at home/work)? Am I missing something here? It takes milliseconds to move your head from focusing on one screen to focusing on the other and it adds a huge advantage to games with large map screens (Castlevania) or games with extensive inventory management (Resident Evil).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:39:17 AM PST
But there have been too many Mario games so clearly that has an impact on how useful dual screens are. =(

It's a shame really, too bad Nintendo didn't realize that keeping one of gaming's biggest franchise fresh and original was actually screwing over the DS, 3DS, and Wii-U. I mean it isn't like Sony is trying to use the Vita as a controller for the PS3 to mimic the Wii-U Gamepad and it isn't like Microsoft has SmartGlass which allows you to use your tablet or smart phone as a secondary screen for your 360. Right?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:39:49 AM PST
Also, they should make a "Texting While Driving" WiiWare game where you have to play something like Number Munchers on the bottom screen while staying on the road on the top screen resulting in hilarious vehicular carnage.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:42:12 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
There's value in a challenging opinion. Some of you guys are taking too personally what the man is saying about this plastic box, which apparently contains family-like sentimental value, where anything dissenting, or even a tad bit negative is deserving of your deepest nerd snorts, and wheezing ridicule.

I get it, some of you have some really, really important things to say about Molyneux, and Nintendo. So important, that if you don't type it out, you will literally explode.

Nintendo making an HD system is awesome, and if they make something more than another New Super Mario game, another compelling reason to own the system, I would gladly jump on board. But, at this point, it will not stand a chance at getting played over the smash hits coming out now and throughout next year on the ps3/360, in my crib yo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:49:49 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
It only begins becoming a novel idea that will revolutionize gaming when Sony or Microsoft shamelessly copy it. Totally validated after that point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:52:46 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Halo 4 is already out, didn't you get the memo? What X360 smash hits are you talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:52:57 AM PST
This whole coming back and insulting people bit doesn't really make you look any better and it completely undoes any valid point you might actually be making.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:56:51 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
"your deepest nerd snorts, and wheezing ridicule." Where do you get your idea of what a gamer is? A mid 90's magazine? Stereotype 101.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:59:58 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Honestly if Jaffe or Cliffy had something negative to say, I'd listen. My problem with Molyneux is he makes average games at best. I just don't care about his opinion, he is a scrub compared to the likes of Miyamoto/Cliffy/Jaffe.

Feel free to go ahead and make a list of all those great games Molyneux has made over the last decade. I mean there was Fable...... Fable II, Fable III and Fable Kinect..... wow, color me impressed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:01:32 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
You're way too sensitive if you take my last post as an insult. What happened to open minded people who had interesting things to say, and said them in an interesting manner to read?

This is all so touchy, dry, and bland, where everyone is seemingly on their Nintenledge waiting to pounce, but unintentionally there is some value in the mild amusement it brings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:02:34 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
Because you're so important in gaming right? Do you guys listen to the righteousness in your posts?

Ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:03:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:05:04 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I don't expect news outlets and industry leading developers to listen to my opinion, sorry. Not even sure what you are talking about at this point. I don't see what is wrong with wanting to hear the opinion of somebody in the industry that actually matters. Kind of like when Peyton Manning talks, I listen. When Carson Palmer talks, not so much.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:04:21 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Nintendefenders getting heated in herre.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:04:47 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
The reason Moleneux thinks he can make these sort of statements and get away with it is - he has a massive ego. There is one problem with that however, his achievements lately have not been great. As the old saying goes: "Fix your own house, before you try to fix mine."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:06:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:07:14 AM PST
Lucanus says:
IMHO, both Peter Melenuex and John Carmack have inflated egos and think far too highly of themselves considering they barely get out two games a generation worth buying. Back in the day, yeah they were great. But currently I really couldn't care what they think or what projects they are working on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:08:11 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
And Jaffe is any different? Throwing him up there with Miyamoto is hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:08:32 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i agree with him other than calling all of our newer tvs "plasmas"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:10:28 AM PST
"What happened to open minded people who had interesting things to say, and said them in an interesting manner to read?"

I responded earlier to you about Molyneux making valid claims and never really got a response back from you. Then I see you post something like:

"Some of you guys are taking too personally what the man is saying about this plastic box, which apparently contains family-like sentimental value, where anything dissenting, or even a tad bit negative is deserving of your deepest nerd snorts, and wheezing ridicule.

I get it, some of you have some really, really important things to say about Molyneux, and Nintendo. So important, that if you don't type it out, you will literally explode."

Now I'm not saying I personally took it as an insult as I really don't care what you think about my responses but there is an insulting nature to what you posted, at least in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:10:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:11:34 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Miyamoto is clearly king of the developers. But I do put Jaffe above Peter and Carmack. At least God of War was mind blowing and came out within the last 10 years. I literally haven't had fun with a single game from Peter and John in over a decade. Cliffy is better than Jaffe though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:11:05 AM PST
You don't realize how much of a grasp Nintendo has on you. they can put out a d ildo in which you had to put in your mouth to make link drink milk and you and all the nintendrones will love every second of it.
I don't hate Nintendo Mario 64 am the Zelda games are some of my fans I even Did that stupid 4 swords link up with the gbas. The last Zelda I played was TWP cause I refuse to play a Zelda game with motion control

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:11:52 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
So true. Don't even get me started on Carmack. Those two are peas in a pod. David Jaffe, Cliffy B, Miyamoto - you know actual constant contributors to the industry - they would have rights to speak, and nobody would bat an eye.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:11:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:12:44 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Ignore it is. Good day sir.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:15:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:15:51 AM PST
*Sits in front of dual monitors at work* Psshs.....Who needs two screens!?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions