Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Worst Video Game You Regret Purchasing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 287 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 16, 2012 2:01:20 PM PDT
Athas says:
- Gothic 3: boycotted pc games for 2 years. Then Fallout 3 came out.

- I'll second Eternal Sonata. Made me doubt quality of current gen jrpg games for over a year.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 2:11:36 PM PDT
Activision's Score International Baja 1000, damn what a piece O crap! And before that was a game called........... Wow, it was so crappy I can't find it on Amazon! I also looked at all games on PSN and can't find it.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:50:56 PM PDT
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was the most dissapointing for me. I bought it from the Capcom store with the limited edition Raccoon City sign. Needless to say, the sign was the best part of that purchase. I didn't totally hate it, it was just some really shoddy AI, the annoying boss battle with nemesis that dragged on forever, and a really tacked on ending no matter your choice. It was fun to play through despite all of that but I had no interest in the DLC which is the other half of the game, once I beat it, I have no plans to ever play it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 1:51:27 PM PDT
Oh, YEAH, man! That's right! Shadowgate 64 was a *staggering* disappointment. My brother and I, years earlier, had been in a mad race to see who could finish Shadowgate on the NES first. THAT game was freaking awesome; one of our top favorites on that system. I was so excited for Shadowgate 64... and then utterly crushed to discover what a piece of crap it was. That's a purchase I'll regret forever.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:53:01 PM PDT
Crimson Alliance... come on, man, that one doesn't count. It was a free download.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:54:10 PM PDT
BMX XXX

I was hyped for it when I got it for Christmas. After five minutes of playing it, I was depressed. Then I went to return it a week later. The game had gone down to about $10 in trade-in value. What a complete waste of space!

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:05:05 PM PDT
Command & Conquer 4. You can tell the developers just didn't care. The only, ONLY good thing about that game was the soundtrack. I was happy to trade it in even though I only got back $10 of the $50 I spent.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:20:58 PM PDT
Jamel says:
Alpha Protocol,I didn't buy the game per se, but it was given to me as an xmas gift. I just couldn't get into it. Let it sit for a few months popped it back into my PS3 in June for a hot minute and then went back to sitting. I'm normally against selling an xmas gift, but this is the one time I'll make an exception.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:27:07 PM PDT
mass effect

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:31:59 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Spider Man: Web of Shadows

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 3:18:24 PM PDT
Descepticon says:
Ultraman (SNES), and ORION: Dino Beatdown (PC). Can't get worse then those.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:49:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 9:49:30 PM PDT
Lat says:
I know that feel bro. I played through the game once with a friend and haven't touched it since. That ending was so pathetic, and the tacked-on multiplayer modes don't help it either.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 11:48:51 AM PDT
Sparhawk says:
Master Of Orion 3 is mine. The design diaries were fascinating, the interface sounded well-constructed, the narrative was based on the planet-building frenzy at the end of the (really good) MoO2...
and all of it was terrible. Interface was chunky and opaque, research was boring, and building fleets to do battle was nearly impossible. I haven't bought a PC game on release day ever since. Admittedly, Steam has helped with this habit.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 11:50:51 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
South Park for PS1.

I bought some crappy PS1 games back in the day but that one takes the cake.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 11:51:24 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
It was decent enough until the wheel of doom, IMHO.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 11:55:56 AM PDT
G-Money says:
Hexen 64

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 11:59:03 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
Ass Creed Brohood and Revealations: I don't even know why I bought AssRev. Oh well.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 12:04:40 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
In recent memory it would have to be Radiant Historia.

Resonance of Fate was worse, but I only paying $15 for it and it was an experiment anyway; I was REALLY looking forward to RH.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 12:19:09 PM PDT
Is Resonance really that bad? I have it in my backlog...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 12:19:44 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
It was for me.

Give it a shot some time, it doesn't take long to realize if you love it or hate it lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 12:28:52 PM PDT
Beyond the Beyond for the PS1

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 12:33:53 PM PDT
SMH says:
Resident Evil 5. I hadn't played an RE in a while and I was disappointed in how it had changed from the original. I played it for maybe an hour and returned it.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 12:46:11 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
I'd say Skyrim, I just fell into the hype trap with no experience whatsoever in Western RPGs ... and it seems I won't be playing another one for a while, the thing is there on my Steam account as a screenshot software with any flashy mod I happen to find :(

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 12:47:01 PM PDT
Unlimited Saga. The game got me twice. I bought it, played for like an hour and was like "WOW this is HORRIBLE." Ran to Gamestop and traded it in while the value was still high. Like 2 years later I saw it for 20 bucks used and thought "You know I really did love the SaGa Frontier games, maybe I just didnt give this game a fair shake...". Bought it again........traded it in again about 2 weeks later.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 12:48:15 PM PDT
JWK says:
I'd have to say... my XBox 360. The only thing I've played on it that hasn't been a massive disappointment is Netflix.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Either Half Life 3 is Confirmed or Valve is Trolling Us Hard 40 3 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 2/27-3/1 71 5 minutes ago
OT: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. 3299 7 minutes ago
Is aspartame bad for you? 4 9 minutes ago
OT: D.C. Legalizes Marijuana Despite Threats From Congress 62 10 minutes ago
OT: "Power/Rangers" fan film, starring Katee Sackhoff and James Van Der Beek -- EPIC 45 13 minutes ago
OTish-What do you feel or know is the most expensive item in your gaming collection? 54 18 minutes ago
RE:Rev 2 Raid Mode 1 19 minutes ago
OT: What color is this dress? 205 44 minutes ago
Daily Gaming (Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays) 68 1 hour ago
All Mortal Kombat X fighters revealed 15 2 hours ago
Introducing the new White and Gold Dualshock 4 11 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions