Hacker discovers Wii U CPU clock speed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 275 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 3:34:20 PM PST
"Plenty of console gamers do care about graphics, though."

They're doing it wrong.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:33:16 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Plenty of console gamers do care about graphics, though. They don't game on pcs for a variety of reasons from cost to game selection.

Obviously there are plenty of others who don't care too much about graphics. Nintendos lower cost and games will win them over.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:11:47 PM PST
N. Gay says:
well the Target had 4 and gamestop 5 so it doesn't seem to be as hot as the wii was. Even if it doesn't sell well ninty won't go broke over it, but I like more adult type games than most of ninty offerings as of late. Mario hasn't forced me to buy a ninty console in a very long time. Now if ms and sony wait 2 years to drop new systems then maybe ninty might have something. and I can wait that long.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:38:18 PM PST
"Hardcore gamers I feel will avoid this machine though"

Playing this system is the best part about not being "hardcorez!!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:37:12 PM PST
N. Gay says:
Will it be that much less? I went out at lunch today to check one out at GameStop and was not impressed by the AC armored ed. There were some cool tricks in the gameplay though and that's where is might be cool. Hardcore gamers I feel will avoid this machine though and I hope that MS and Sony both hold off for 2 years. If MS releases next year I don't think Sony will cause they can't afford to. And if ninty and sony drop out that leaves us only with MS and PC, neither of which is ideal. I am not saying that ninty will fold but not 3rd party support will leave only nintys games and even though I like some of them it hasn't been enough for me to buy one I a while (save handhelds)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:11:11 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Yep, my thoughts as well. Thanks for the post. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:02:55 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Well said Evan.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:58:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 1:00:46 PM PST
I like the Wii U so far. It's a Wii though, guys. It's not playing on the same level as a gaming PC or a Sony/Microsoft product. It's a less expensive machine with lesser hardware. Now, people who only have a Wii can enjoy a more diverse assortment of games than the Wii AND they can enjoy them in HD. That alone is worth the cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:27:43 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Cool?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:26:20 PM PST
Kasmatsu says:
Here is a forum discussing in 2007 months after launch and it was still a problem.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=146282

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:25:19 PM PST
Harmicky says:
So...you're going with evolution then?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:22:50 PM PST
The only patch I got was the day I bought the WiiU. The menus were ridiculously slow for the next 48 hours or so but the whole console feels smoother now about a week or two later.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:21:36 PM PST
Harmicky says:
O...kay?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:21:00 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
And this is the kinda stuff i don't regret in avoiding launch hardware. The growing pains.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:19:05 PM PST
Kasmatsu says:
The PS3 at launch had a much more severe problem than anything the WiiU has going. At launch the connection between the PS3 and the Sixaxis would cut out fairly regularly. It was really frustrating how many times you'd die in Resistance because you were moving forward when it cut out and your guy would keep running forward out of your control until the connection came back.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:18:11 PM PST
Mine is. Just made me lunch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:14:33 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Well then in all fairness, the NSA should come and hack my PS3 to make it better too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:13:06 PM PST
It's skynet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:12:03 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Did you have an update patch, or is your Wii U spontaneously evolving?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:09:39 PM PST
My menu speed (outside of hopping into the Wii Menu Channel) has been dramatically improved over the past 10 days. Even MiiVerse, which used to take around 10 seconds, only take 3-5 tops now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:08:21 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Yeah, hopefully they can clear that up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:08:08 PM PST
No, I'm not surprised at all. Personally, I'm glad it's a little faster than the other two systems. I absolutely loved every game I played on the Wii and am really hoping to get a U next year. That 4x greater RAM is going to be very useful for the developers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:07:39 PM PST
This is probably the best post ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:06:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 12:10:02 PM PST
Lucanus says:
It drives me nuts too. The Wii-U, make no mistakes, isn't perfect. I just hope Nintendo has some patches lined up. It takes far too long to access anything in the OS, especially Wii BC. I am impressed with the games though. NSMB-U looks fantasic, runs great, the Gamepad has zero lag and there is no loading. I just remember the ps3 had a few problems when it launched, Sony did an excellent job of cleaning up the system and making it better today than it was. Nintendo can and should follow suit. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:04:05 PM PST
Harmicky says:
"The OS is very slow..."

See, this is the kind of thing that would drive me nuts.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  275
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions