Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2015 9:30:48 AM PDT
YIGT says:
Maggie isnt british she just lived in england for a while when she was young. Its why she has such a strange accent.

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 8:31:22 AM PDT
Hahaha...For anybody who's smokin`

LIMITED EDITION BIC WALKING DEAD LIGHTERS - 5 LIGHTERS

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:50:32 PM PDT
FV says:
Still playing catch-up/reading through this thread. I'm just watching episode 15 right now. Of course things were going to go to s***. Of course there would be some bad eggs in Alexandria that create confusion and miscommunication. Deanna is good, but because of stupid Gabriel, of course she's going to be inclined to believe the boy's side of things. And Rick is so instantly distrusting that he isn't going to bother working things out, which of course will in turn confirm all the stuff that Gabriel told Deanna. At that point she's REALLY not going to bother to understand and get an accurate account of things. Gabriel is stupid for saying something in the first place, but it had to happen because this is a TV show and because TWD needs perpetual conflict. It's frustrating really, because they all could have coexisted, but the kids and Pete threw a wrench into things.

But that's what happens when Rick is the way he is.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:46:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 2:46:49 PM PDT
True!~!!! Anything's possible!!! AN Y THING!~!@!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:36:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 30, 2015 8:17:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:31:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 2:33:11 PM PDT
Sony Profit says:
"WHAT??? What do `people think about me`??? winks*"

I heard some people call you a 50 yr old man that acts like an evil witch, LMAO. I don't know who you are but like Handsome said, I enjoy your posts and think you're great.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:28:02 PM PDT
Hahaha...I don't know what we're gonna do.... but *I do like those crafty wolves!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:26:52 PM PDT
Witch reminds me----I am really confused as to why Maggie never spoke UP and told Deanna that pesky delusional Gabriel was lying about Rick and his group~~~when she was lurking on the stairs the whole time!

And again at the town meeting...Y didn't She speak Up either time!?!

I wanted to slap her!

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:24:35 PM PDT
Sony Profit says:
Bitter, the Wolves are coming! What are we gonna do?

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:21:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 2:23:17 PM PDT
Sony Profit says:
===Spoilers===

Great episode and terrible ending. How is Nicholas still alive? He's a detriment to the community. He's killed memebrs of the community and tried to kill Glenn. They didn't close one story line except Pete and made 10 more.

Why was the gate open?
Why is Glenn a puzzzy?
Sasha breaking point and nothing
Father breaking point and nothing
Whole season with W on head and nothing
Carl and Enid story line and nothing
Pete kills Reg? What? He sliced his throat at town hall and Deanna tells Rick to shoot him. Come on, you can do better than that.
Morgan is British????????????

I forgive the writers for the last 4 or 5 episodes because this episode had it all, IMO. Suspense, Intrigue, murder etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:18:53 PM PDT
I don't think that's what happened either, but it is an interesting and not outrageous theory

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:09:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 2:09:56 PM PDT
NO...It would definitely be `over kill`!!! lol Besides...would that make Pete still alive???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:05:46 PM PDT
Not if you don't want Reg to be a walker it isn't

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:04:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 2:05:07 PM PDT
A bullet in Reg's brain + a sliced throat!!! Hm....that's kinda overkill I think....NO???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:03:20 PM PDT
That's not a bad point at all

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 2:02:07 PM PDT
Are we *sure* it was Pete that Rick shot? I thought so at first too, and given the way Rick pivots before he shoots, I figured it had to be Pete. But, in retrospect, it seems possible that Rick put a bullet in Reg's brain before he could turn.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:45:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 1:45:43 PM PDT
I found th!s paragraph I read earlier in an article...quite prophetic....

` Pete was an example of truly lazy writing on one end-not a character at all, just a collection of evil impulses designed to cause problems for everyone. But on the other end, he provoked some of the best performances of the year from Carol, whose inner darkness is so compellingly written and has such authenticity.`

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 1:20:52 PM PDT
I'm not sure what's up with red poncho other than just further evidence that Daryl was right and they could've saved him if they didn't fall for the trap. I guess I don't know that Aaron isn't a bad guy, but I'm hoping he isn't. So far, it seems as if he's been honorable in his dealings with everyone. I hope it stays that way, because the show could use a new character that I actually care about on an emotional level. I mean, I like Abraham and Eugene fine, but the last character that died and really left me feeling genuinely down about it was Herschel. Aaron could be another character that I could invest emotionally in, so I hope he isn't a double crosser.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 12:45:54 PM PDT
Pretty much spoke for me...lol Nice, Castlevania reference..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 11:56:59 AM PDT
pasteyswazey says:
Chain kill . . . so awesome. The first thing that popped into my head was Castlevania Lords of Shadow, and then just, well, that the chain needs to be everyone's weapon of choice from now own, even more distance than Michonne's sword. Little bit of Kratos attack thrown in there too for good measure.

Okay, I missed out on a week, so I need to reflect on the episode before the season finale for a second.

I've been holding the torch for the show the whole time. In my eyes, the writers/directors can do very little wrong. They're giving us background of some characters, the timing as far as action versus drama is excellent to me, the gross out parts fill the need of those who only tune in for the blood and guts . . . it's a great mix. But my slight gripe is the whole domestic violence thing. That took away from the overall mood of things in the next to the last season's episode for me. It's nearly the only thing I remember. I mean Peter and his wife have made it together for a long time, she's not showing any signs of abuse, she seems content enough . . . I don't know, maybe the fact that all of the abuse occurred off camera didn't make it seem urgent to me. I think the writers blasted that urgency and showed how Peter could be mean in the last episode, but up until his breakdown, I was thinking maybe him and his wife could just work it out. I mean, thinking about it, an atmosphere of abuse would be a terrible place to grow up and it would most likely train his boys to grow up and abuse their wives or at least treat them less than equals, but I never could attach as much importance as Rick seem to be giving it. But it all played out in the last episode. Especially when Rick said he wouldn't care if someone else was getting beat; I just figured it was puntane on the brain in Rick's case and I just find that to be the flimsiest excuse of all when trying decide if someone should take action or act in defense or not; Rick wasn't wanting to protect her for honest reasons, but maybe that's how this art imitates life, love's not always going to make sense even in a zombie apocalypse.

Okay, now, jump to last night's episode. SO COOL! I give the writers a prize for not killing off anyone in the central group! That was amazing. Everything that I've been reading on this forum was spelling out stuff I did not want to see happen ie. Rick's exile (blah), Rick's death (never let it be so), Glenn's death (could not fathom happening), Maggie's death (again, don't take my central figures away), Carl dying (not going to accept it) . . . I didn't want to lose any of the central figures. I think they make the core of the show. I still want Beth back, she had some good singing; singing they had to replace with Deanne's son's, mixed tape/running CD that opened the previous episode. And as someone mentioned earlier, I think the writers made it more intense by NOT killing off any of the central characters. That's going to make me want to tune in next season. Oh yeah, and I was super bummed when someone said Daryl might die off--no way! What good would it be for them to paradise, his character do a 180 from not caring about anything to being one of the best moral/moral barometer/saving grace to other characters from the get go just to have him die off. I think he sold his house just to buy another one in Georgia where fewer people could find him.

Lol. The beginning was great to me, it was a really (the move The Road/Denzel Washington) one against one hundred type moment for me.

And the build up, you've got to see this if you haven't already. The meeting discussing Rick.

The meeting I think had the most weight for me was the meeting between Rick and Michonne. When they just let it all in the open--felt like the best marriage counseling session every. You so rarely see people in a drama just come clean and it happened in that scene. They really let each other know they had their backs in that scene, priceless. That was my money shot right there. But it was all good.

Now, if I nitpick, how did that scene Gabriel stumbles upon come to be? I mean, you see this one random walker with this one apparent survivor. That sole survivor couldn't take on one lonely walker? And they had been alive all this time? I mean, I could see how a crowd may have taken the random guy down, but one walker and then Gabriel walks in and beasts the scene? Nahhh. But then again, I'm on the everybody hates Gabriel train, so, I can't wait to see what huge turnaround the writers do with his character that actually makes him important. I'd put him on a level with Andrea. I never liked her, but by her death it seems like everyone was supposed to regret her passing.

Oh, but I do have a question. Red poncho guy. Aaron has some regrets leading to him. Do you guys think he was with the wolves or not? I thought at the end, he may have been the one to first set up the trap of trailer zombies to begin with and they punished him because he didn't work out, or was he just there to help lure the people to the wolves' trap? So, do you guys think he was an innocent? in the wrong place at the wrong time? or with the wolves?

I just really liked the episode, it got rid of the domestic violence quarter of it, it set up a new group full of mischief hanging on the borders of Alexandria, Rick's final speech was but-kicking . . . "I came to this meeting wondering how many of you do I have to kill?" But the drama between Morgan and Rick's eyes meeting at the end! Awesome! Zen Morgan is probably thinking back to how Rick encouraged him that people still can be good, and then Morgan and Glenn walk in and I can't imagine what was going on in their head, like what the freak has gone down that Rick just shot a member of Alexandria! . . . in the head! . . . in front of everyone! I mean, the community lost some pretty skilled people in that go, surgeon and engineer--skills hard to replace, maybe not the engineer, I mean he was crazy enough to set the support beams on the OUTSIDE of the wall.

Okay, okay, shew, so if anyone can speculate on red poncho . . . that's one of my biggest questions I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 10:46:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2015 10:52:29 AM PDT
Don't say that!~!!! I'm hoping...Nay I'm praying...that next season we will find out that Gabriel met his demise over the summer by self-walking into walkers- suicide!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 10:38:59 AM PDT
But that's not Glenn and Nicholas knew this. That's why he was spying on him and "made some noise" as he was climbing over the wall. He knew Glenn would follow

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 10:05:37 AM PDT
LSG_Da_Bears says:
I think Gabriel may have big doings in the upcoming season. His wanting to blame all others but the dead. Can see him convincing folks to group hug the dead and blame all the problems on the killers (Rick and crew) of the bunch. Can see him hiding his failures in blaming the faults on the killers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 9:55:00 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
My only slight gripe was when they panned away from Glenn being attacked by what two walkers while he was on the ground. I mean the next time you see him somehow he escaped that and was punching Nicholas and that fight occurred.

I still dont get why he followed him, I would have let him just die out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2015 9:51:06 AM PDT
Yeah. If they really wanted to do something intense, they could've had Maggie wind up getting shot by one or the other of them. Losing her would've sucked, but I was ready for a major death in the finale anyway.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 124 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  165
Total posts:  3096
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions