Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Obama's speech last night in CT...thoughts? Opinions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 512 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:59:48 PM PST
AndrewA says:
If holmes was so suicidal wouldn't he have committed suicide?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:48:35 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Ok thanks didn't see that reported.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:28:28 PM PST
My friend has an AR-15 which is similar to the .223 used. It's a nice gun.

Although no one can definitively speak to the actions of the mother, the picture that is starting to be painted is one of a slightly paranoid individual.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:26:57 PM PST
Well, I apologize if I offended you or anyone else. Some of my previous posts were for dramatic effect, but I really am a staunch supporter of gun rights.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:04:11 PM PST
RoadKing says:
I never suggested banning body armor would prevent anything. My point was I would hope I would know if my mentally ill secluded kid had gotten one somehow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:04:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:05:51 PM PST
His aunt (her sister) stated that she was collecting guns because she was prepping for doomsday. Also, according to most gun dealers, the AR-35, the weapon used, is not difficult at all to use, requiring little to no training. It's lightweight (8 lbs) and has little to no kickback.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:59:53 PM PST
RoadKing says:
How do we know this? All I got was she got into guns and bought For protection but then started to enjoy and took up target shooting. Was it reported somewhere that she was a doomsday type? Her friend tonight said that she took her son to the range to teach him responsibility and to be among people. Weird thing he also said the shooter( don't care to mention his name) took great pride in how safe he was in handling the weapons.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:31:25 PM PST
I was just going to mention that. Nancy Lanza was a wackjob herself and fed him into the gun culture. She was amassing an arsenal for doomsday, and taking him to gun ranges for training.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:18:20 PM PST
We have a culture of fear, we fear everything... This guy that killed all those innocent kids had mental health problems... But he was also raised by a doomsday prepper one that prepares for the end, can you imagine being raised in such an environment of paranoia and constant reminders that when the end comes it's you vs. them...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:11:23 PM PST
Lucanus says:
People aren't taking issue with your stance, but rather your presentation. Until this is remedied you will continue to struggle connecting with those whom you are debating with.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:10:38 PM PST
"Posterity! you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:07:28 PM PST
Very true, again like James Holmes if he was so suicidal and mentally unstable why then was he wearing body armor? I mean if he was incoherent of his actions he wouldn't have worried so much of being shot or injured during his rampage.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:08:05 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
So can we really say that these mass shooters are insane then? Seems like they are coherent enough to plan, carry out the attack, and know the consequences they have to face.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:58:51 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I think it's more of they don't want to get shot and hurt by anyone before they do themselves in

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:54:08 PM PST
Soulshine says:
That guy was just sitting in his car waiting for them I think.

He had a vest too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:53:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:58:41 PM PST
They're cowards. I suspect James Holmes (the Auroa shooter) wanted to kill himself too, but was too much of a pussy to pull the trigger.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:52:47 PM PST
Good point. Never though about it that way, but it makes sense.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:52:44 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
How did they catch that guy in the batman shooting alive? Its just too bad that these mass shooters always off themselves so they don't have to owe up to the consenquences.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:51:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 3:04:58 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Strapping on the bullet proof vest for these suicide killers is apparently a symbolic thing... like putting on war paint to psych the person up for what they're about to do. At least, that's what was said in one of the articles I read regarding the recent mall shooting. Makes sense, since this guy and the mall shooter - according to reports - shot themselves as soon as the cops began to close in. They apparently never had any intentions of being in a shootout.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:47:11 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Oh, I don't think it will either - it's just something these mass shooters have in common. I totally get it if you're in a security position. But if we're floating ideas about arming every man, woman, and child to defend against these mass shooters I just don't want to turn on Headshots Only.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:41:31 PM PST
Kr155 says:
I can think of a few civilian careers that could benefit from bullet proof vests. Bank security for one. other private security careers. has the vest really come into play in any of these recent shootings? This guy was ready to die and was never shot until he shot himself. I just dont think banning bullet proof vests will have any impact on the current trend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:36:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:51:43 PM PST
Well, if standing up for my (and other's) constitutional rights is "scary" then I'm guilty as charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:35:36 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:35:43 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:32:00 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Please don't. You scare me. I'd rather hear from level headed people such as Strasse, Capt and Foge. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:29:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:34:12 PM PST
Although for you Mogwai, I just might start the debate back up again :-)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  512
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions