Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: School Shooting in Connecticut

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 500 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:23:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:24:38 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I think the mom is the one that is the guilty party. I think she masterminded the whole thing. I think this was the final act all planned for a long time. The kid was her robot that would carry out her master plan. I just read this morning about the gal that cut Adam's hair. The kid wouldn't say a word and the mom barely spoke as well other than to give the kid instructions. Adam just stared at the floor and wouldn't respond to their long time stylist. Only when the mom told him to move did he move or react to his moms instructions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:08:37 PM PST
Banner says:
Me too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:07:09 PM PST
Banner says:
Good point. I'm almost embarrassed at some of the arguments.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:49:50 AM PST
I ordered mayans on my sammich...but only got chipotle instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:46:19 AM PST
FOGE says:
haha all good man. I saw where you were coming from.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:39 AM PST
Coffee says:
Nah, man, fixed point in time. The Doctor couldn't help them without ripping a massive hole in the galaxy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:18 AM PST
Doh! Sorry brah!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:11:17 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
The Dude abides, whether or not you have the testicular fortitude to admit it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:10:10 AM PST
I firmly disavow anything from that movie as it doesn't exist in my reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:07:07 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"If the Mayans could predict the future, there would still be Mayans!"

They did predict the future - that's why they hitched a ride on a UFO out of here.

Didn't you see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:25:31 AM PST
If the Mayans could predict the future, there would still be Mayans!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:16:13 AM PST
FOGE says:
Did you know that I can buy nuclear warheads in Minsk for forty million each? Hell, I'd buy half a dozen and even get a discount!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:15:21 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ok, calm down guys. Im not making an argument saying its only X people. I think 1 person, especially a kid dieing, is horrific. My comment was saying that, I feel that 27 people dieing has nothing to do with the Mayan apocalypse. Thats why you read the "in reply to an earlier post."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:13:15 AM PST
Harcos Labratory Nuclear Energy Powder Uranium Yellowcake Flavor

This isn't too expensive. It's for the terrorist on a budget.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:10:12 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
The guns arent the whole the problem. Crazy People and criminals dont need guns to hurt others. They can turn just about anything into a weapon. All a ban is gonna do is make a rise in Crime. Criminals are still gonna have their guns. Its not like they get banned and every criminal out there is gonna be like "Its official, guns are banned! We gotta get rid of our weapons." Parents in todays era also play a role. They let their kids do what ever they want. They're more worried about being the cool parents than actually putting some discipline into their kids lives. If your kid is showing signs that something is wrong, its your duty as a parent to get them help. But no, its all about the blame game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:46:01 AM PST
But it's not 27 people dying...it's thousands per year. That's not apocalyptic either, but it's still a lot of people.
Aside from that, you should never try to strengthen your argument by discounting even a single death. Each life is infinitely valuable and extremely tragic when it's taken away.

I agree that the main problem in this country when dealing with gun-related deaths is the dire state of mental health assistance, but the second problem is the ability for mentally ill nutcases to get their hands on guns so easily. That needs to change.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:07:46 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Jack Johnson: I say your human control laws go too far.

John Jackson: And I say your human control laws don't go too far enough.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:09:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:09:48 PM PST
humans are always involved in violence

human control laws or outlaw humans

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:35:59 PM PST
FOGE says:
27 people dieing is tragic but no where near apocalyptic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:34:09 PM PST
FOGE says:
Well if you can afford and house a nuclear weapon, we can have that conversation.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:30:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 8:37:41 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I mentioned this yesterday about I wonder if this is a Mayan Calendar 12-12-12 end of the world act it looks like that's exactly what it was. It doesn't matter, but makes a little more sense now as far as wtf he did this.

The choice of a kindergarten class was they think was because there would be easier to increase the number of killings without a deterent. One little girl in the first classroom survived by playing dead, wow. The second classroom seven were saved by hiding in a closet.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:50:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:03:59 PM PST
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims of this massacre. It deeply saddens me when tragedies like this happen to say the very least.

What burns my rear end is when the mainstream media lefties start their usual rhetoric about guns and needing more restrictive laws, and the Fox News righties start blaming violent video games. I get so tired of the news media in general using horrible incidents like this to ram their agendas down our throats.

I agree something needs to be done, but we must be very careful not to trample on our Constitutional Rights that so many have fought and died for.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:27:12 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Well if there was some sort of total gun ban in place his mom wouldn't have had one to begin with. And if the media is right about him being some really shy kid who never left the house, I doubt he would've forged the contacts necessary to illegally get them.

And before anyone starts I'm not advocating for no guns. I'm just saying this is probably one of the few that could've been averted.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:15:45 PM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
How would it have helped at all? He didnt aquire the guns legally to begin with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 1:51:57 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I think this kind of situation would be one of the few it would stop.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  500
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions