I love football, but

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:01:33 PM PST
wow thats a kcoc in the ass, i had Marshall

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:01:36 PM PST
Jay Cutler Smoking is one of the better sports Memes out there

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:32:25 AM PST
Agreed with the Cutler assessment! Packers went 15-1 last season and lost in the first round. Usually I would rather be on a hot streak entering the playoffs!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:30:27 AM PST
Kendahl says:
As long as Cutler is at QB, the Bears are not invincible.

Granted, the Falcons aren't 8-0 against all elite teams in the league. But when EVERY other team has faltered in the league, often to subpar teams, being undefeated means something. Yes, I'm an Atlanta homer and it's exciting to be able to boast about the ONLY undefeated team in the league. I realize they aren't invincible and the GB-Atlanta playoff game was an outright embarrassment. Last night, Dallas had a six-play drive where they made scoring look SO easy that I worry about what a vaunted offense might do to them. But I think they are legit and haven't been getting the credit I feel they have earned.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:29:08 AM PST
Exactly that's all you have to say! Packers are 6-3 and they beat both the Bears and the Texans. The latter was on the road. They have almost 10 starters hurt and after yesterday I think they are up to 12 now. Thank god for a bye week!

P.S. one of our losses was really an asterisk lol

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:27:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:30:47 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I am shocked that people compare Ben and Eli. Career stats don't like, Ben is much better. Eli is cool as ice in the 4th quarter during the playoffs, but as far as careers go, Ben is better. Eli just doesn't have the TD-Int ratio to be considered elite, he isn't in the same league as Brady/Peyton/Ben/Rodgers. He is still good, but not elite IMHO. Eli to me is Favre 2.0, he is a gunslinger.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:21:39 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
Falcons have beaten the Chiefs (1-7), Broncos (5-3, keep in mind this is the night Manning threw for 3 INT's and still almost came back and won), Chargers (4-4), Panthers (2-6), Redskins (3-6), Raiders (3-5), Eagles (3-4), and Cowboys (3-5). They have beaten one team with a winning record.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:08:03 AM PST
Consider yourself lucky I had a great week and scored the second most points but lost by 50. He had Bears D, Brandon Marshall, Doug Martin, and he still has Drew Brees tonight. Not fair!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:06:22 AM PST
i played against the Bear D in fantasy yesterday, I was damn near in tears. I prevailed tho!!!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:01:30 AM PST
So how about that Ponder kid? 63 yards passing huh? You sure you're and NFL QB?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:00:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:01:30 AM PST
Yeah well the last time the Packers played in Atlanta it was pretty embarrassing for the Falcons.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:58:53 AM PST
FOGE says:
After what the defense did yesterday, Id be terrified to go up against the Bears.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:58:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
you mispelled overrated.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:54:08 AM PST
Chicago is going to eat Matt Ryan's lunch, crap on his chest, and then return it for a touchdown.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:51:40 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I think Falcons beat both NYG and GB at home. They are the most underrated 8-0 team ever. In a game of "Any Given Sunday" going undefeated for half the season is a pretty big accomplishment. The problem is they play to the level of their competition (thus almost getting beat by Carolina and Oakland). If they can overcome that, they have a legitimate shot of making the Super Bowl.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:43:56 AM PST
No offense but who have the falcons played this year? I still think they are not that great. Matt Ryan still needs to show he can play at a high level against a great team. The best team they played were the Broncos at the beginning of the season. I don't think they can beat the giants, or the packers right now.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:35:10 AM PST
Nice job, Vikings, you just became the first team in NFL history to lose to 3 rookie quarterbacks in one season. And you guys did it in 9 games!! Bravo!!

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 1:04:14 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
thx Sven I concur.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 1:01:00 PM PDT
TNF is a cash cow for the NFL and TV. Players and coaches hate it, and it compromises player safety. Deadspin has some good write ups on TNF and how Goodell and the owners are huge lying hypocrites.

For crying out loud the last thing Matt Cassel needs is to be beat into the dirt on Sunday and then again only 4 days later. Let the guy's brain heal some.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 12:21:31 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Good points Kendahl. The first Giants SB a few years ago was I remember because everyone got healthy and they had the best pass rush and David Tyree made one of the greatest catches in the history of the NFL.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 12:21:12 PM PDT
Tomb Fleader says:
You would have had a hard time finding anyone calling Eli elite before last year's playoff run besides himself. Remember last year when he said he was elite and everyone was like HAH! That guy? C'mon man. Be real. ...Then he won the SB

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 12:18:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 12:19:30 PM PDT
Kendahl says:
The year Eli won his first with the Giants and they were a really average team heading into the playoffs (think they only qualified the last week of the season), would you have said before the first playoff game that Eli was an elite QB? He was really very average during the regular season. It's what he did in the playoffs that made him elite. So maybe it's the reverse that's true and a QB becomes elite by winning the Super Bowl (not visa versa). Few if any would call Matt Ryan elite but if his team wins the SB this year, and I think they have a shot, they might start.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 12:05:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 12:18:29 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Ben is for sure elite. Non-mobile ? Hmm he is the hardest QB in the NFL to take down that isn't a track athlete, and he only moves when he has to. No one else in the NFL can hold on to the ball for 2 minutes it seems and find a receiver 20 yards downfield like Ben. He's a thorn in my Ravens sides.

Gator Houston and SF are ligit either and can go all the way, but again I think they'll meet an elite qb and get their dream smashed. It's frustrating, that's why I absolutely despise the Colts they sat starters intentionally last year to ensure that 1st overall pick and now they are set for 15 years with a likely elite QB who has been rumored to have a photographic memory on top of it !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:57:33 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
Well he's won two Super Bowls so I guess Ben has to be considered elite, but I'm not real high on him as a QB. He's so immobile. I think he's the product of great teammates (a great O-line, solid running game, good coaches, etc).

I feel like you don't necessarily need an elite QB to win. Yes, it helps tremendously and it's by far the most important position on the field but if Rex Grossman can lead a team to the Super Bowl, then I think there is hope for a lot of teams that don't have an elite QB.

Also, how many teams have an elite backup QB? None...which means if only teams with elite QBs have a shot then those teams are also just one injury away from being knocked out of contention.

The reason the NFL is so much better than other professional sports is because nearly every team has a legitimate chance of winning. Unlike the NBA where realistically only three teams have a chance to win the championship.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:07:06 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Yeah... or the best Defense in league? Glad hes gone.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions