Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 822 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 7, 2013 5:38:31 PM PDT
I give up my SL1 run on NG+! There is no way I am getting past the 4K in NG+! After about 30-40 deaths, I am sure the darkwraiths are laughing at me. The best I have done is get the second king down to about half his health. Most of the times I die at the hands of the first king. I just don't think I can get through this. If I could dodge perfectly, I would have tried taking them on with the red tearstone ring but I tend to get hit by their swings quite often. Somehow I seem to experience some input delays as well. With the nerfing of the elemental weapons and the reduction in their spawn timings, it has become a lot more difficult. I feel terrible to have to stop my run :(

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:51:30 PM PDT
prafaces says:
I was invaded by a guy in Blighttown a while back. I waited by the bonfire till I got the msg, "Wanna duel?" I thought that was so very classy of him. I don't like to PvP with this character because he's sl 467 (and slowly climbing), I just go human in Blighttown to get Mildred's 10 or so humanity so I can keep feeding the Fair Lady.
I msgd him back my soul level and he said he was game to try, so we fought for a while.

Afterwards I told him that people like him are a great thing for the game's PvP.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:42:07 PM PDT
When someone invades me, I just stand there and look at them...I don't feel the need to bow to someone who's 1) in my world uninvited and 2) there with bad intentions :)

And if they bow, I consider it an opportunity to get in a pot-shot on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 12:40:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2013 12:42:20 PM PDT
Most of my invasions are on SL 80-100 or hosting Forest PvP with an SL 110.

The only time I really farmed the Parish with my SL1 character was when I was farming for humanity to get to Dark Wraith 1 with 10 humanity. It's a very fast invade spot. Most of the players I encountered were in NG+.

I'd prefer to sit around with my SL90's in the burg waiting for the griefers to invade me. I get much more enjoyment out of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 12:37:54 PM PDT
I've thrown lightning spears at invaders on the Sens bridge when they're bowing. :D

I always bow when I invade though. My favorite place to invade is Oolacile Township. Lots and lots of PvP there.

And I've been hosting a lot of forest PvP lately. It's slowing some of my characters down because I don't want to kill Sif.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 12:36:25 PM PDT
prafaces says:
You really need to quit telling other people how to play their game

It's my opinion, and I stated it. Frankly, I can't imagine what enjoyment you, an apparently skilled and obviously experienced player, can possibly get from fighting new players at sl 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 12:34:04 PM PDT
prafaces says:
I usually just host, so I only bow if the invader does first. Most don't, and that's perfectly fine; it isn't like we have a pre-arranged duel, he's there to try to kill me after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 12:32:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2013 12:34:18 PM PDT
"I hope that doesn't mean you use your OP gear on them."

It means I'll duel them 1:1 without using pyromancies. If they try to gank me, then they get a great combust to the face.

"Experienced players have no business invading at low levels in the Burg or Parish, up to and including handing out weapons/materials they should not yet have."

You really need to quit telling other people how to play their game. I wasn't handing out upgraded gear, not that it should it matter. Giving someone an unleveled sword or a lowbie shield because they are still using starter gear and passed up some of the items throughout the burg isn't going to break their game. I wasn't handing out Giants +5 or +5 lightning longswords. I was giving out Longswords, greatswords, a halberd, and a balder shield or arrows. Stuff I mostly bought at Andre. Giving away 5 tite shards made a lot of new players happy. It was fun.

If From Software didn't want people invading at low areas they'd have created a hidden gear score system to restrict it.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:28:58 PM PDT
I always bow. I've been killed whilst bowing before, but I don't care. It's not a duel if you don't do it right.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 12:26:02 PM PDT
prafaces says:
"If they didn't bow back I'd shrug and then duel them normally."

I hope that doesn't mean you use your OP gear on them. Expecting someone to bow when you invade their game to kill them is bad enough, but expecting it from new players is even worse. Many times new players aren't even sure how to gesture. More than 1 host has backstepped right off the platform trying.

Experienced players have no business invading at low levels in the Burg or Parish, up to and including handing out weapons/materials they should not yet have.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 11:37:45 AM PDT
PC by far. I got my plat on PS3 and then started it on PC.

I prefer the enhanced visuals of the PC, the absence of lag, custom textures, etc.

You'll see more people using hacks and trainers, sure, but I've still had a blast with it. I'm closing in on 250 hours on PC I think.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 11:30:15 AM PDT
Oh man! if only you were SL11 I could still have summoned you!

@Capt - Do you prefer DS on PC or on the console? (didn't you play DS first on a console?)

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 11:20:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2013 11:21:00 AM PDT
12 I think...I'd have to look when I get home. After I accidentally leveled him up, I added a few more levels to STR and DEX so I could use a halberd. This was one of the few times where I was really mad about the auto-save, no-going-back feature of Dark Souls.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 10:54:34 AM PDT
What level are you now on that character?

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 10:22:52 AM PDT
I would, but I accidentally leveled up my SL1 character one night when I wasn't thinking :(

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 10:15:21 AM PDT
Haha...seems like you are a good Samaritan Captain :)
I have no qualms killing noobs with my SL1 build. I also put down my summon sign outside the gargoyles to help a lot of people with them.

I had a lot of fun last night with my SL1 on NG+. I reached Anor Londo without much hiccups. Of course, there was the occasional death but overall it was much easier than I thought. Now that I have the bragging rights to have cleared the game on SL1 without any external help, I have no issues with summoning people on NG+. Problem is I can't find any summon signs. After waiting a while I found one sign at the undead parish and I forgot to tell the guy that this was NG+ and he died at the hands of the undead mob before the boss. Next time I summoned someone, I immediately messaged them that this was NG+. After this, I couldn't find a single sign anywhere else.

I was hoping someone here would be willing to partner up to help on SL1 in NG+. I am on PS3.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 9:05:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2013 9:06:24 AM PDT
I was invading all the new players on my SL1 build.

If they were nice and bowed to me after I bowed, I dropped a bunch of upgrade shards, a weapon, or some armor depending on what I saw them using. Then I'd equip low level equipment to give them a solid duel and went easy on them. I didn't want to just run in and flatten them. A few of them even won.

If they didn't bow back I'd shrug and then duel them normally. A few tried to hide until I passed, then stab me in the back. I went all out and decimated them, then sent a message wishing them luck and that I was rewarding honorable opponents.

I did invade someone using a trainer at one point wearing elite knight's set and using Astora's sword / crest shield. He bowed, then turned into a red phantom. He sent me a message stating he was Oscar and that he had just gone hollow. A few seconds later he turned into a white phantom. I shot him an "lol" back and he went back to normal before we dueled regularly. Fun duel with a "good fight" message afterwards. At least not everyone that hacks in the game is a complete (insert here).

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 8:57:39 AM PDT
Well, my INT build has been fun, but I think it's time for another...at 52 INT, my +5 Enchanted Great Scythe deals out around 565 base damage (in conjunction with my other stats). I was surprised at how easily I was able to kill most bosses with that weapon, though...even Priscilla got pwned.

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:22:25 PM PDT
After dying again and again at the hands of Manus and Gwyn I have finally beaten both on my SL1 character! I thought Gwyn was going to be easy but with such low HP, there is very little scope for error. You are immediately on the back foot when Gwyn charges at you as soon as you enter the fog door. I kept dying to him until I started getting my parries right. Even then I couldn't kill him as one missed parry means most of your HP is gone. Then I decided to try Black Flame instead of Great Combustion. I have to say Black Flame = Gwyn on easy mode! You don't even need to parry him. Every 2 hits of the flame would stagger him. So if your damage output is high (Ascended pyro+5, crown of dusk and bellowing dragon ring) and you are able to stagger him once then it's game over for Gwyn. Eight Black Flames is all it took me to take him down!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 11:25:32 AM PDT
prafaces says:
Occasionally you will. I'd always put my sign down as I played through levels with my SL6, and I got summoned here and there. Especially at O & S. It doesn't happen often, but it's usually REALLY fun when it does.
I used to summon people myself for the Taurus Demon, since there's no real challenge to the level and playing at those SLs can get lonely, and I always quick-messaged my phantom "+++" or whatever. Usually after they died they'd message back something like, "Oh, +++. I get it now," and then want me to re-summon them. Most people seemed to enjoy it, though I stopped doing it after one guy called me a troll for it.

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 9:55:58 AM PDT
I am actually thinking about finishing NG on Sl1 and continuing to play on. However, unlike SL1 where I haven't summoned any player I wouldn't mind summoning others in NG+ (and beyond if I continue). The question is will I find summon signs to help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 8:38:24 AM PDT
prafaces says:
That's awesome that people are summoning at low SL's for late-game areas. When I started my challenge character I decided that when I got to NG+7 (infinity) I'd turn it into a co-op challenge character, but never got around to it. I'm thinking now that I might get back to that idea. (Except for 4 Kings, pretty sure it isn't possible for sl 1s to beat them in co-op past NG++ or so.)

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 7:07:58 AM PDT
Gotcha. I just like to play it safe for that boss fight as I hate it!

I want to take on Manus and Gwyn this weekend to finish this SL1 playthrough. Will probably start NG+ to see how far I can go. The other day I got summoned by 2 different players, one of whom was in NG+3 while the other was in NG+4! Those guys had to be lower than SL12!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 6:58:03 AM PDT
Ah, I go left > right > center.

There's 2 gaps you can jump across on your way to the right one to avoid the swinging arms.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 6:47:59 AM PDT
I melee the right one but the floor crumbles when you go for the left one. I never take a chance with it as it could lead to a long trek back to the BoC fog door from the bonfire. I think a lot of people use ranged for the left one.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions