Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone have PSN issues since the new Layout was released?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 11:54:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 11:55:35 AM PST
Sorry the title should have said PLAYSTATION STORE ISSUES

So in the past two weeks i have a few things happen when accessing the PSN store.

1. First it takes for ever to load
2. While trying to load it will bring my wall paper up and just freeze causing me to have to restart my PS3 ( did this 3 straight times yesterday) I am connected fine to the internet otherwise.
3. Also since the new release they are not updating it like normal before by 6PM or 7PM at the latest it was updated now its like 9PM

Just curious if anyone is having these kinds of issues since the new layout

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:56:22 AM PST
nope

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 11:56:34 AM PST
I have only been on the new store once and I didn't have any issues with it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:56:34 AM PST
Nope. I thought it was awkward at first, but it's alright now. I think having the option of scrolling through a list of names rather than have the boxes for everything would be nice, but overall, no biggie and no issues to speak of.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:57:23 AM PST
Takes a long time to load. No freezes, though.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:57:51 AM PST
Nope. I don't like new layout though.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:49:33 PM PST
That sucks i wonder why i am having those issues with it then, It does not do it all the time, just picks when it wants to act up for some reason. It stopped growing on me i do not like it anymore, as far as searching for game specific stuff like it used to be. I dont mind the addition of videos and info but you cannot go to that game anymore and see everything for it its all seperated. Dumb move on Sony's part IMO

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:49:42 PM PST
Same as others: no freezing, but long load times and frankly a much less useful layout. It's difficult and annoying to use. I hate it and I thank you for this thread!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:51:26 PM PST
Soulshine says:
My only PSN issues are with the new layout itself.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:55:22 PM PST
Navigation, but I guess that is going to happen until I get use to it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:56:14 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
No issues, but I really dislike the new layout.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:57:16 PM PST
I am suprised no one is noticing the update taking longer. LIke i said it used to be like 6-7 PM ET and now its seems like its 9pm ET

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:57:36 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I prefer the old layout, but I have not had any problems with the new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 12:58:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 12:59:14 PM PST
Give me next week and I can take a look then. I was on the store on Monday which was obviously not a day the store is updated on.

BTW, the store sometimes wasn't updated until later on the last store but you could usually search and find what you were looking for before the new section was updated. Have you checked to see if that was the same?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:00:57 PM PST
Nah i will try the search but there was a point last week where new demos were out and the resident evil 5 for PS+ was not I had to wait till later in the night for that to show.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:01:35 PM PST
UnderDogs says:
Last night I kept getting an error while I was trying to download Quantum Quanu... damn spell... anyway I was getting an error downloading that game. Going to try again tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:03:29 PM PST
Yep, I've had a few issues with it. Particularly, some of the PS+ items I added to my cart showed their full cost. I had to remove and re-add them to the cart a few times before they'd show as free. Also, browsing categories is weird. Stuff doesn't show up for a long time, and even when it does, it's not always the right items for that category.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:06:28 PM PST
I haven't checked into it further but I noticed while I was on that some of the free games with PS+ that I had purchased but never downloaded weren't showing the bought symbol next to them. I still need to double check on those to make sure I get them.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:17:04 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I still haven't even seen the new layout.

I should get on that.

eventually.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:17:07 PM PST
UnderDogs says:
I also like how I click download, then click add to cart, then click go to cart, then click purchase, then click....... just let me download the game already...

Then click O to go back, O to go back, O to go back ...... I give up....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:18:04 PM PST
OP says:
I can't speak to your 2nd point, but my experience is similar to yours for the 1st and 3rd. It seems to me that if you're going to make this type of store, the whole point is for the consumer (gamer) to get what he wants and leave as quickly as possible. Based on that, I'm not a fan of the new design, as I think it's placed too much emphasis on how it looks and too little on how it works.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:22:30 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
The only issue I've run into is that it does take quite a bit more time to actually get into the store. I don't mind the layout at all though and it does make it easier to find things for me at least. I also hate how you can't shut off the annoying music/noise even when you shut off the XMB sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:25:49 PM PST
Exactly... now it looks more like the new Apple App store. But it really is not as useful as the old layout. And they've made it so you have to open the game description to see how many stars it has been rated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:27:35 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Oh man, you're missing out on What's Hot in a seemingly infinite number of categories. And the boxes, my god the boxes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:27:56 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 14, 2012 1:28:05 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions