Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I have seen the light; a MetaCritic user convinces me that Vita is the greatest system ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 5:52:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:54:03 PM PST
http://www.metacritic.com/user/TheVitaMustLive

User: TheVitaMustLive

Number of reviews- 1 (Black Ops Declassified 10/10)

The general populous have been crippled on behest of the truly numerous hit driven titles that have landed on PlayStation Vita but with the latest title, +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++, THEY once again must burrow beneath their breezy wallets for more dough as +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++ is MOST stunning, radiant like a colourful bucket. Developed by devout TREYARCH cousins, Nihilistic Software(tm). +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++ takes the CALL OF DUTY to a wholesome level, gun banging has never been more offending...or ferocious. Controls work like a swinging charm as you quell superfluous targets and music is swelling, hellishly swell. This squashes competitor VIDEO GAMES ( ---3DS--- ) and rushes to a new era of online power play stretching beyond mankind's own will. Thank you.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:54:33 PM PST
Aku says:
...That's you, isn't it?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:55:20 PM PST
I. Flores says:
My eyesight hurts

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:57:49 PM PST
Do you think I could come up with something as poetic as "radiant like a colorful bucket?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:00:14 PM PST
DVvM says:
You clearly don't own this fine item: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/30-bright-LED-colorful-flash-large-ice-bucket-5L-extra-thick-acrylic-bar-party-dedicated/624795116.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:02:23 PM PST
Whoah...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:03:20 PM PST
DVvM says:
I only hope to someday play a game as radiant as that particular colorful bucket.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:04:14 PM PST
de Blob?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:07:10 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Very sweet Jason, I'm glad you liked it .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:12:39 PM PST
Facelord says:
I'll admit, I'm the guy who wrote that and I don't even have Carrah Doody for my Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:24:34 PM PST
lol I was gonna make a joke by saying it was you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:18:22 PM PST
Facelord says:
Says the guy who claimed hardware doesn't matter at all in another thread. What a joke.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:24:39 PM PST
AJF says:
"User: TheVitaMustLive"

wut

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:37:57 PM PST
Well you were boasting the Vita's hardware and questioning why people don't buy it. Hardware doesn't matter when it comes to sales. Vita's software is lacking, thus the slow sales. Hardware does matter to a small degree but I was over-exaggerating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:55:50 AM PST
Facelord says:
Hardware matters a ton, advertising is the most important thing though. It's why the inferior 3DS is outselling the Vita even though their software support is about equal(I'm leaning toward the Vita's software being better personally, some people feel the other way). The fact that anyone would ever claim that hardware doesn't matter is comedic in its stupidity, though. When people defend Nintendo with the line "hardware doesn't matter," it just proves Nintendo should be a third-party game producer. If they don't care about the products they put out(hardware), why should we?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 4:00:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 4:01:22 AM PST
Because regardless of the hardware, the 3DS and Nintendo are attracting the best developers. The software line for the Vita right now is pretty sad. There is no "killer app", no "console quality multiplayer title", no "definitive handheld RPG experience".

But, Ninty got Capcom to put the new MH games on 3DS and the U...

Sony is really having a hard time keeping their head above water. I've purchased 2 Vita games, everything else on my system was either free, a PSP game, or from PS+.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 4:01:54 AM PST
Hardware matters in terms of what you can do with a game on any given platform. However, hardware does not matter in:

A) Fun. I have played a lot of very fun indie games this year with very low system specs.

B) Market. There has never been a generation since the crash (and possibly before) where the most powerful hardware was the market leader. That would suggest hardware specs simply aren't an issue for most people.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 4:04:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 4:05:02 AM PST
"That would suggest hardware specs simply aren't an issue for most people."

This.

Especially regarding indies as you've stated above. Some of the absolute best games this year have been indie games that require little to no super hardware. Even some of the greatest PC games released this year were released with so many scaling options you can play them on an integrated laptop GPU.

The Vita has no software that is selling the system. Sony needs a high budget game to showcase what the Vita is capable of... We don't have that yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 5:26:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 7:15:38 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
It's been almost two years since the 3DS released and you're STILL whining and complaining about it. Show us on the doll where the 3DS touched you Facelady, everything is going to be alright.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:05:09 AM PST
Almost two years, actually. February, 2011 and March, 2011.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 7:07:29 AM PST
Are the plus signs some kind of code?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:09:24 AM PST
Subliminal messages.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:13:39 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
The plus signs are before and after the name of the video game which was reviewed. Code cracked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:15:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 7:15:53 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Oh crap you're right. Edited.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:17:14 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I believe they refer to Playstations paid membership service - PS+ .... provides services & games at discounts & free ... while membership is active ....
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions