Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I think I'll just order from Amazon from now on...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012 2:07:56 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
So over the holidays I received some money as gifts from different relatives. Today, I decided to spend it on some new games for my shiny new PS Vita that I also received as an X-mas gift.

First stop: Best Buy.

I head on over to the electronics section (Which was packed with people, BTW.) and browse the Vita aisle. I noticed that BB just dumped all their Vita games with their old PS2 and PSP games, so it was quite hard to sift through. I was looking for Persona 4 Golden, and couldn't find it. I proceeded to ask an employee if they could fetch me one from the back. I was informed that they were sold out.

Cool. I'll just go to Gamestop.

And Gamestop was also packed with people, that tiny store was hard to navigate with all those neck-beards wandering around. The Vita section was literally just two shelves with crappy launch games that were missing their cover inserts. So I wade through the crowd of hipsters to the front counter where I ask an employee if they have Persona 4 Golden. Nope, sold out. I decide I wasn't going to leave empty handed so I bought Metal Gear Acid 2, Uncharted 1, and Bleach: Soul Resurrection. All of them had at least 6 stickers on them and I still haven't been able to peel them all the way off. :(

Not a big deal right? I still had to stop by Wal*Mart so I'd look while I was there.

The only games Wal*Mart had were PSASBR, Mortal Kombat, and Black Ops: Declassified. Pathetic. I pick up the other things I needed and headed back home. At home I hop on Amazon, a task that was not hindered by obnoxious post-holiday crowds. And what do I see? Persona 4, in-stock, brand new, with no stickers. All I have to do is click the button to order it.

I guess I'm just sick of snobby retailers with pitiful stock, higher prices, and friggin stickers. I HATE STICKERS!!!!111!!!one!!1!!!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:12:54 PM PST
At least you were able to find Vita games at Best Buy. The local Best Buy appears to go out of their way to hide the Vita games.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:13:29 PM PST
To remove the stickers, get a little lemon juice and put it on the adhesive. One of the main reasons that I have any dislike for GS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:15:27 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
Thanks for the advice! I've had some people tell me to use rubbing alcohol and some people have told me that the stickers come off if you rub them with a pink eraser. I suppose I will try your suggestion next, as the alcohol just leaves a residue and the eraser thing only works on small stickers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:23:35 PM PST
Amazon>Retailers

At least I can find a used copy of F-Zero GX for Gamecube, which I just got today. (Not the system, the game)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:25:24 PM PST
I've tried alcohol, but it just discolors the cover. As to a pink eraser, I know that those helped clean the old NES cartridges, but I've never heard of anyone removing stickers with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:27:18 PM PST
A little WD40 works to remove sticker residue as well. I have removed them from a few cases of mine and it worked perfectly.

Your situation describes why I always buy on Amazon if I can.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:28:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 2:29:02 PM PST
you just now realized shopping on the Internet is preferable to wading through crowds of unwashed charlatans at public retailers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:37:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 2:37:25 PM PST
ChuChu Train says:
now only if returning merchandise to online store was easy as a retailer(physical retailer).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:42:57 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
Yes. For years I've preferred interacting with others who share my hobbies and getting game recommendations from them. The people at BB and Gamestop were only buying CoD: Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3. They haven't the slightest clue what Persona is. :/

Every time I've ordered directly from Amazon I've been pleased. But every time I visit a retailer for something other than groceries I've always found something to complain about.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 3:03:45 PM PST
Biohazard says:
I hate those stickers, but I didn't know about the lemon juice, thanks for the tip! I love Gamestop's deals though, but those stickers just plain suck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 3:04:35 PM PST
Yeah, I've tried all kinds of things, it not lemon juice... I'll be trying that some day soon.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 3:15:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 3:17:30 PM PST
Spudkitty says:
This product is amazing for getting off anything adhesive ...

Goo Gone 8 oz. - Removes stickers, grease, gum, tar, crayon & tape

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 3:16:02 PM PST
I give Amazon a huge Kudos....

I ordered a few gifts on the 22nd...they were here on the morning of the 24th....when they guarantee a date....it happens....gotta love prime.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 3:39:17 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
How was the game sold out, no one is dumb enough to own a vita

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:20:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 4:22:33 PM PST
Mike Snyder says:
Goo Gone for sticker removal. Helps to either remove the art from the case first (so you don't accidentally get anything under the plastic), or else slide a slip of paper between the plastic and the art to protect it while cleaning.

(edit) I see Spudkitty mentioned it already. I also like the spray gel bottles. Works well.

You can also buy brand new original empty cases from bresoftware.com, although their selection has dwindled lately.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:19:22 PM PST
As for price stickers, they are like stamps. I'd have a bowl, tub, container with warm water. Take artwork, booklet, game disc out, and put in case only. Wait a few hours, 6 hours perhaps, then those stickers can be rub off easy. Though older stickers might have to leave in container longer.
As for the game goes, I'd research online first to see which location sells Persona 4 Golden. Like any RPGs, except Final Fantasy, they aren't easy to find in stores because stores like to carry popular games so they can unload faster.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:51:36 PM PST
P4G is an incredibly addictive game. I can see why it was difficult to find in stores. It is certainly well loved on this forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:13:05 PM PST
same, or they are just thrown around.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:58:04 PM PST
Gameresq says:
GameStop is good in a pinch, when you need a game ASAP because you suddenly realize your backlog has been completely cleared. That happens, right? Otherwise, I prefer Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:06:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:28:10 PM PST
Biohazard says:
Gamestop just kills it for me with their buy 2 get 1 free deals. The other day I picked up Etrian Odyssey 3 used($14) and Dragon Quest IV used($14) and got Resident Evil DS for free. I resold Etrian Odyssey III for $30 and DQ IV for +$20 and kept Resident Evil DS which was complete which was a good deal. Lest to say I love Gamestop sometimes...but those stickers!

A lot of times they'll have rarer games that are super expensive online for way cheaper used. I've scored games that go for like +$30 used for basically free..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:11:05 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I too partake of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deals at nearly every opportunity. And, yes, those stickers are infuriating!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:19:09 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
"Resident Evil DS which was complete which is super rare."

You mean this Resident Evil game that is $29.99 brand new?

Resident Evil Deadly Silence

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:23:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:29:06 PM PST
Biohazard says:
Ha, I knew someone was gonna catch me on that. It recently dropped down to that price and was like over +$40 for a complete copy. It will most likely sell out again and be back up to where it was before soon. It happens all the time. Take a few weeks back they had Radiant Historia for ($16 new) and Okamiden for ($18 new) here on Amazon. Go check out the prices right now...hehehe...over $70 for both of them...

But my point moreover in the previous post was the fact that I got Resident Evil DS complete for free and made money in the process through Gamestop...

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:00:52 PM PST
I shop pretty much everywhere. Wherever has the best price, I'm there.

For example, I picked up some niche Japanese games for Wii at Gamestop today, who had the best prices and B2G1 on Wii titles, so I purchased them there since they were complete and in good condition, which I'm a stickler about. Sadly, dealing with their employees is usually a real big hassle, as they often push pre-orders, magazines, and discount cards on you, in addition to generally not knowing what they're doing. I used to shop at Gamestop many years ago, as I worked near there, and I even grew to know some of their employees, etc., but now most of them don't know anything about anything.

Shopping online is definitely the easiest and least frustrating, but I'll go where the best price is, which is usually online, but sometimes niche, more uncommon games can be had cheaper locally since there's more demand on the internet.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions