Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hacker discovers Wii U CPU clock speed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 275 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:10:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:10:38 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
That's a random song reference. My favorite kind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:10:52 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I hardly doubt it'll be 5 years, and if it is I have an extensive back log for my PS3 and PC on Steam so I won't cry about it. But there is way too many things that I don't like right now about it.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:18:34 AM PST
the CPU speed had 0 holds on me when I bought the Wii U.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:21:52 AM PST
Jacob Wunder says:
It's already outdated.

But, as all dedicated Nintendo fans will tell you, graphics aren't important.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:22:30 AM PST
Do you have some kind of radar for Wii U threads? Your hit ratio is remarkable. It's gotta be close to 100%.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:24:00 AM PST
Jacob Wunder says:
That doesn't even make sense bro.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:27:59 AM PST
Yeah, that's the sarcastic part of my post...

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:31:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:37:53 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I hear a sinister laugh coming from my phone. Seriously, Netbooks have more under the hood.

It only marks what i suspected- another early grave/short lifecycle. It just wont keep up and in 2 years it'll be 360/PS3 vs Wii disparity all over again when it comes to third party large scale projects

It should be nice for Indie devs on low budgets though and that wont drive them away. It actually could benefit here greatly if their store takes off. I can see typical Indies taking to the platform if Ninty lets them dump nickel and dime games, and let's face it Indies put out some cool games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:32:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:36:04 AM PST
Jacob Wunder says:
So probably will follow the path of the Wii.

Fast start, but fades quickly.

If low budget, indie devs take to the Wii U, hopefully they wont get locked into believing that all new games must cost 60 dollars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:34:26 AM PST
Jacob Wunder says:
Oh, my math was off.

I thought you wrote 6 months before two years from now. Which would be 18 months from now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:35:28 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
This exactly, when 720/PS4 hit, developers will have to scale down everything once again to accompany Nintendo's demands. Then developers will gradually stop doing it and Nintendo will once again have no 3rd party support.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:35:32 AM PST
Maybe we'll get lucky and see more indies on the Vita as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:36:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:42:53 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I just hope it has better inhouse software turnout early in the lifecycle, with a steady flow. No one wants to wait until year 4 when the birds are chirping to play Zelda in HD.

HD games do require longer dev cycles, so who knows really. Its easier for devs already with the toolsets and experience to get the games up and running soon. This is new ground for Ninty, its artists and programmers. Lots of detail work, manpower.

Heck, look at Sony Japan still having 'technical difficulties' with The Last Guardian. The Zelda HD teaser does look like they have the vision underway, but who knows when we'll get something concrete.

At least given that its multiplats are comparable to 360/PS3's, you can imagine a next gen Metroid game is going to look fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:37:11 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I expect another 3-4 Mario titles before we see Zelda.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:52:05 AM PST
I'm not a dedicated nintendo fan, I'm just a Video Game player.

Graphics aren't important, gameplay is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:52:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:52:55 AM PST
Define mario title. As in a Dedicated mario game (Mario Bros U, Mario bros 3D U) or Mario and the Summer Olympics... games? Cause if that's the case... we'll see at least 7 before Zelda.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:18:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:20:33 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Seems very slow to me. Though I am not a huge tech person, admittingly the PC I just built was a quad core 3.1 ghz. Maybe that is why the OS for the U moves so slowly? Either way I am not that disappointed, though still some what disappointed. Given how far behind the times the Wii was, I expected the U to be similar. I had fun playing numerious Wii titles, I see no reason why the U will be any different. While I didn't buy a U for third party support, much like the Wii, I was some what hopefull there would be some support. Given the power gap that will more than likely occur when the ps4/720 hit, 3rd party support is unlikely over the long haul. Happy holidays, thanks for the post Jason. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:24:13 AM PST
I never noticed an issue with the Wii either, and i'm sure that was "slow" too.

The games run well on it and as you said we don't get nintendo systems for 3rd party games (excluding Monster hunter!) we get them for Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Smash bros.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:24:16 AM PST
For 6 years people have been saying all Nintendo needed to do was make the Wii output HD. Because those games already looked great up scaled in the PC emulator. Nintendo over delivered and it still isn't enough?

The best part of Nintendo's hardware design is that you can play it all day and it doesn't even get warm.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:26:45 AM PST
R. TypO says:
''the point of this is what''

Some people like having knowledge, those silly informed bastages.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:27:11 AM PST
To add to this, My Nintendo wii is the only system that hasn't had a hardware issue. I've had 3 Red Ringed Xboxes and 1 YLOD on my PS3 (my mistake for buying it used, though it did last 3 years, after I bought it). My Wii was even thrown twice off a table and onto a hard floor (not my fault, I was asked to bring it to a company holiday party. Never again) And it STILL works, though the disc spinner is very loud at times... i have to cover the system with a thick pillow occasionally, leaving only the air vents unblocked.

I expect the same from the Wii U :3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:29:02 AM PST
R. TypO says:
Nice testimonial, my Wii's cpu fan went out causing it to overheat immediately. I was able to keep it going with a nyko fan ... wait, what's the point of testimonials again?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:29:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:30:32 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I don't think even the most loyal Sony and Microsoft fan would disagree Nintendo easily makes the most durable hardware. I have 20+ year old systems that work perfectly. There is an article some where showing the failure rates of the ps3/360 and Wii. The Wii was levels lower than everybody else. :)

Next year looks great with Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter and Rayman.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:30:05 AM PST
I didn't say Wii's COULDN'T break. but you don't hear how often they do. unlike the xbox Red Ring...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:31:09 AM PST
You just named the 3 games I look forward too the most in the first half of 2013 for the Wii U.

Add to that DMC one the PS3, Sim City 5, and Starcraft 2 Expansion for the PC.

GUNNA BE AWESOME!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Republican National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Cleveland this week. 1184 30 seconds ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 16th July 2016 PS4 Continues To Dominate. Outsells Xbox One Over 2 To 1 14 11 minutes ago
OT: The Democratic National Party, like Hillary Clinton, is Crooked and Corrupt 2 23 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3839 55 minutes ago
Is Sony too broke to innovate? 33 59 minutes ago
Sony is the only one that lack any money making IP's 1 1 hour ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 5 1 hour ago
OT: #DNCLEAKS i'll leave this here, since 46 1 hour ago
Weekend Gaming 7/22-7/24 69 1 hour ago
For Honor gameplay Knight Campaign Mission 6 1 hour ago
Microsoft ordered to fix 'excessively intrusive, insecure' Windows 10 25 2 hours ago
sodomite Tim Cook has flipped his lid: Apple now sells a leather watchband for $690! 104 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  275
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions