Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

War Z developers blame players for their mistakes, increase respawn to 4 hours unless you BUY instant respawns.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 94 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:52:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:54:14 AM PST
Beau says:
Interesting. I heard all about this game over the summer and into the fall, and then...nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:11:51 AM PST
I watched a Youtube video "quick look" type of thing last night on this game and its just horrible every way you look at it.

1. The game looks pretty horrible. Texture quality was pretty abysmal, and it seems to take like 30-45 seconds after you spawn for textures to load in.

2. The cash shop items ARE losable, you can spend a few bucks to equip your guy, and then be killed as soon as you spawn as the game does not limit spawning near people. Happened in the video, the guy decided to show the cash shop stuff so spent 5 bucks and bought a few things. Once he loaded into the game a magic backpack comes up to him and beats him to death, it apparently spawned him and 2 other players right next to each other. And when he went to remake the character, all his cash shop items were totally gone.

3. The respawn thing is dumb, you can just delete the character and make a new one and spawn instantly. However the game gives you zero notice thats how this all works. When the guy died, he spent a good minute trying to figure out how to respawn as all the game does is gives you a non-ending "You Died" message. You actually have to totally quit out of the server you were in to even realize that there is a respawn timer. Oh and the game only supports 50 people per server, despite claiming to support 100.

That was the main stuff from the video I picked up, but reading the forums it sounds like the game is a hacked mess, and once you get a gun at all, the zombies are pretty much zero threat. And it becomes more of a race for a sniper rifle to kill off all the other players in the game.

All that, and now seeing how the devs responded, I honestly hope Steam ends up pulling the game off its marketplace. I heard apparently the people who "pre-ordered" are also REALLY ticked as they were charged a "discounted" price of 40 bucks when they pre-ordered before it hit Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:13:28 AM PST
Hah! Discounted price of $40 for a game that launched at $15?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:19:42 AM PST
Anthony says:
makes me glad i don't play shooters on the pc.

these guys sound like total jack***es.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:22:29 AM PST
Yeah exactly, apparently they set up the paid Beta stuff at 40 bucks saying the game would be $50 at launch.....only for it to launch at $15. I hadnt seen anything where the devs were saying they'd give them anything extra either for paying twice what the game launched at...

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:30:26 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I don't know how they thought they could pull one over on gamers like that. We're on the internet. We let each other know - we have PLENTY of time to let each other know about stuff like this.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:33:36 AM PST
4 hour respawn might give MMO nerds a chance to, you know, have a life. Good for these devs!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:49:00 AM PST
Honestly I think they figured on what happened, a TON of people buying it launch day thinking it was the new Day Z. Unfortunately for them, Steam is a very customer-based company. I honestly won't be surprised if Steam offers mass refunds and ends up pulling the game off Steam after this fiasco.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:54:16 AM PST
And you all thought the D3 launch was bad *chuckles*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:01:55 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
If all of the fat angry nerds out there are to be believed Diablo 3 is a crime against humanity more grievous than the Holocaust.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:06:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:08:32 AM PST
"If all of the fat angry nerds out there are to be believed"
Hey I resent that!... oh wait no I am fat and a nerd and often bitter... i admit it :3

"Diablo 3 is a crime against humanity more grievous than the Holocaust. "
Lucky for people in the real world, it wasn't :3.

War Z is by far one of the worst... lies I've ever seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:11:04 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm sorry but the vocal minority of Blizzard's fanbase is completely and utterly ridiculous. I haven't played much of Diablo 3 but I've enjoyed my time immensely with it.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:12:39 AM PST
Ice King says:
I haven't been to any other forums besides this one, but are there the usual defenders out there who are calling everyone who doesn't like this entitled babies?
I'm willing to bet there are. There are people who would defend anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:12:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:13:31 AM PST
Nothing to apologize for, I'm a D3 Defender, I will defend it, and blizzard. I agree with you that the vocal minority is so ridiculous that it's almost comical, if it weren't beyond annoying.

I have played a lot of D3 personally, and continue to play it. As I will enjoy SCII Heart of the Swarm when it is released!

EDIT: I will also Defend Steam, and anything else I enjoy.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:17:50 AM PST
VG Tyranny?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:04 AM PST
Yeah I saw a few people jumping up and saying the developers were trying their hardest and people should "research" and realize the game is still in Beta (despite the developers saying its not).

Honestly the whole thing reminds me of those horrible movies that come out whenever a big release does trying to cash in on people accidentally buying their movie. War Z seems to be the video-game equivalent of that.

I'm thinking of developing a game now, figure I'll call it TarCrafts: Hearts to be Warmed. I'm sure some dumb people will buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:35:06 AM PST
Hah! Anyone that posts a thread about not playing the game has their thread deleted on the Steam forums by a War Z mod.

The devs are practically calling people ignorant for not liking their game, it's hilarious. Kotaku posted a "The War Z Mess: Every Crazy Detail We Know So Far" article. Some good images there.

http://kotaku.com/5969784/the-war-z-mess-every-crazy-detail-we-know-so-far

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:02:35 PM PST
Dang want to go home so I can look at that article now lol

Really glad I looked into it, I almost did an impulse buy when it launched myself. I saw it, looked at the Store Page and thought it was either the standalone Day Z game that had been talked about, or something exactly like it. REALLY came close to being "hey its only 15 bucks, and its basically gonna be Day Z".

I am SO glad I checked the Steam forums first. The first like 30 topics there pretty much ranged from "Dont waste your money" to "This game is a scam".

As much flak as Steam gets, it really is the best digital distributor out there, the store itself, the communities, the greenlight stuff, the discussions on games themselves being linked easily. It all makes you feel a LOT better and makes it a LOT easier to look into something you're about to purchase.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:07:56 PM PST
jtshiel says:
Did you guys know that the dude behind this knock off game was behind that off road trucking game on the PC?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:11:44 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 19, 2012 12:13:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:29:02 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Same here. The forums were invaluable in not wasting my money on this.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:38:00 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
The game has been removed from Steam. So I guess that's the end of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:44:52 PM PST
Ice King says:
This is great! It's always nice to see bad people get punished.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:46:35 PM PST
*applauds Steam*

I agree, they definitely had that coming. And good luck getting any of their future games on there now after this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:47:12 PM PST
Thosr console CoD players could use it, too.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: My Best Buy membership starting Free 2 day shipping... 0 1 minute ago
PlayStation Plus: Free Games for August 2016 (Tricky Towers, PS4 - Rebel Galaxy, PS4 - Yakuza 5, PS3 - Retro/Grade, PS3 - Patapon 3, PS Vita - Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4) 34 11 minutes ago
So.... Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 are out today. $40 a piece or $60 a bundle 15 22 minutes ago
OT: Ghostbuster 2016, what went wrong 46 33 minutes ago
OT: What Did You Think of the ending from No Country For Old Men (Spoilers, obviously) 3 1 hour ago
Whatever Else May Happen, This is Will Always Be the Weekly Gaming Thread for July 25-29, 2016 87 1 hour ago
Bluezephyr vs Ponies, Loser leaves town, Match of the Century live on PPV 12 2 hours ago
ABZU AKA Journey Underwater Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 6 2 hours ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3908 3 hours ago
Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai for PC/PlayStation 11 3 hours ago
OT: Which is it Democrats? 10 3 hours ago
No Man's Sky Gets $150 Explorer's Edition 6 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions