Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Violence Tax

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 84 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:38:26 AM PST
Chris... says:
I can't wait for when this pretty lady snowflake guy's winter break is over and he has to go back to high school.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:38:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 10:39:20 AM PST
Ice King says:
They could help out.

They don't all have to be male Robocops.

Or they could be, if that's what you're into.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:39:17 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Well if we can order him around during than I should be alright with it. I can have him do stuff...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:39:50 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
Are you sure about that? If you take a college English class you will know there are so many different ways the writings of a person can be intrepreted.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:40:10 AM PST
FOGE says:
You might want to stick a pot holder over his hand then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:40:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You mean day care.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:41:14 AM PST
FOGE says:
Absolutely, Im sure. See, if you have this weird ability; some call it "logic" or "common sense" you learn to interpret the writings of a person given the context and situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:42:02 AM PST
*fap* *fap* *fap*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:43:03 AM PST
FOGE says:
hahaha awesome!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:43:27 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
I don't think there is anything wrong with the taxes. Many schools do not have the ability to provide proper protection to their students. If the schools were able to obtain funding through this tax then I am sure less violence will occur on school campuses. Less students will undergo bullying, child abuse from teachers, on campus killings, etc.

Again, people are selfish and only think of themseleves. It is not like I am asking for a tax on food (which I think is wrong). I am just asking for a tax on violent media which is something no one needs in their life.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:43:54 AM PST
JWK says:
I just took an English class today and everyone in the class wants you to shut your stupid face.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:45:06 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Call the next thread Bully Tax.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:45:12 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Good thinking, those metallic hands could be a little rough and cold. Will he have a fleshy face or is that metallic as well?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:45:19 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
The context was this thread. The person basically stated they wanted to ban violent media. The person again was being serious because many people feel that way after the shooting. Just because a person shows their compasion for a tragic event does not make the sarcastic. Your cruel view of the world does not allow you to see one's compasion as something true and you only see it as sarcasm.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:46:22 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
So I have to pay tax on somthing that doesn't make me more violent because some parent doesn't know how to discipline their child? Lets do it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:46:26 AM PST
Soulshine says:
This thread is giving me a sargasm.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:48:11 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
That person also confirmed she was being sarcastic on the first page.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:49:30 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ok. Let me make this as clear as I possibly can for you. The following post was intended as sarcasm. You see, sarcasm is when something someone says in a non sincere fashion as a joke or satire.

"Meh, just ban music, movies, and games. That would be way better. I'm sure we can take some tax money to create an agency to oversee the implementation of the ban, and to keep contraband out of our schools and society though. "

This post was stated ironically in response to your thread. The point is that you can go on blaming everything if you want and get rid of everything that causes emotion or anger or violence. But then we lose our liberties. Is it really worth that? Maybe we should just lock ourselves in our homes and never come out. BTW, that last line was this sarcasm thing we are learning today.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:50:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 10:55:40 AM PST
G. says:
People who think watching violence on TV or playing violent video games makes people more violent are imbeciles. Yea I used that word. I've been watching violent movies and playing the games and listening to violent music my whole life. My wife, friends, family, coworkers, peers, dogs would tell you I wouldn't hurt a fly.

This kind of media doesn't breed violence. Maybe parenting affects that. Maybe you should start taxing bad parents, or tax kids for growing up in a bad environment, or taxing anybody that has mental health issues or displays violent tendencies. Yea...that would teach em!

Maybe...we should arrest anybody that doesn't greet a stranger with a hug, to show they are being passive and won't harm them! Send that suggestion straight to the top!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:50:34 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
Oh Oh while we are at it can we tax people who let their pets poop anywhere else but their own property, sux stepping in a pile of poop.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:51:22 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
Is a few dollars worth more than the saving of a life? If you could go back in time before any school shootings occur, would you contribute money to the school's security fund so they could have a cop on guard?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:52:45 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
Again, without asking the person who wrote it, you don't know the person was being sarcastic. Maybe the person believes it is better to ban the media.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:53:17 AM PST
FOGE says:
Then what happens if we do this? He could go shoot up a movie theatre or a playground. Do we start a fund to put security guards there? When does it stop. You cant protect every place. Life has a certain amount of unavoidable risk. Get over it and stop talking about violence in your 18 threads.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:53:37 AM PST
Pretty Lady is an effective troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:54:31 AM PST
FOGE says:
If you look above the post you replied to here. Youll see Holiday Relapse Panther point out that said person who wrote it, claimed it as sarcasm.

You act like your from this rough neighborhood. Where are you from? What college did you go to?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions