Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I love football, but

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 72 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 8:11:53 AM PDT
MJM says:
I hate Thursday night football even if my team is playing...first because it's on NFL Network and secondly...Sunday is set aside for football, so if my team plays on Thursday then I have nothing to look forward to on Sunday.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 8:14:44 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Do you love football!!!

I love football!!!

Hey! Ho!!! Lets GO!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 8:19:57 AM PDT
Most annoying sports medley. DO YOU LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Yes dang now leave me alone. Thursday night games are always just so bleh to me. And this year it's even worse because they have made more of them and they have promised that every team will have at least one primetime game. So to do that they have put all the crappy teams on thursday nights. Example: Last night

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 8:48:31 AM PDT
you read me like a book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 8:50:34 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
This.

I'm a Chiefs fan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 9:00:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 9:00:36 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
I feel so badly for you Mallrat. How have they not found a new QB yet? There are like six rookie QBs in the NFL this year and they are all better than Cassel. He is a turnover waiting to happen every time he takes a snap. If the GM isn't fired this year, I'd pick a new team to be a fan of...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 9:02:23 AM PDT
SMH says:
I'm kind of with you on this. I like having football available on so many days, but I don't watch all of it. Living on the east coast sucks when it comes to sports sometimes. If I want to watch a MNF game, I'm up until after midnight only to have to get up and go to work the next day.

The best part (imo) is that for people who live out of the market of the team they root for, they get more chances to see their favorite team play than they might otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 9:08:00 AM PDT
Him says:
Big Boss Foge says:
"This apple is the worst orange I've ever had!"

That was awesome, Foge...nearly as funny as "these pretzels are making me thirsty".

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:23:11 AM PDT
Ann Perkins says:
The Thursday night games suck, period, whoever thought of using Mike Mayock's lispy voice for a three hour broadcast was a complete idiot. The only reason I still keep NFL network is for Red Zone ><

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 9:27:19 AM PDT
hey Chiefs fan, can you explain to me why the idea of giving your best player (Jamaal Charles) the ball 30 - 40 times a game continues to elude your coaches?

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:34:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 10:48:36 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
The part that really stinks is if you don't have one of the top 6 qbs ben, peyton,eli,tom,aaron, drew then your going to have a tough time winning it all. What about the rest of us stuck with Joe Flaccid ? or Alex Smith ? When was the last time a non elite QB won the SB ? 2003 Tampa Bay Brad Johnson. It's been Ben,Tom, Aaron, Drew, Eli, Peyton ever since.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:43:20 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Gator 8 men in the box and you have your QB back and you have an all pro WR in Bowe.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:43:30 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
"When was the last time a non elite QB won the SB ?"

Ben Roethlisberger, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Mark Rypien and Jeff Hostetler all won Super Bowls in the last 20 years. Jake Delhome, Rich Gannon, Kerry Collins, Steve McNair, Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck, and Neil O'Donnell all led their teams to the Super Bowl.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:47:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 10:48:57 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Kendahl...it's been since 2003 and Ben is elite I forgot to mention him, Warner was elite but he's retired. I'm talking SB winners only.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 10:47:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 10:48:44 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Rex Grossman did NOT win the SB.

Edit: Ok, I misread part of your post, but he was only asking who won.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:50:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 10:56:44 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
That's pretty eye opening isn't it ? We all know elite qbs run this league, but I didn't know it had been that long. Alex Smith can be the next non-elite to do it since BJ in 2003.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:56:05 AM PDT
C. Wilscam says:
Only time I like it Thursday night football is when my team plays (Chargers) and the only reason I like it, is so I can get the stress and anger out earlier in the week, so it doesnt ruin my weekend plans.

If they lose, I get over it by friday, and am able to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 10:57:54 AM PDT
You gotta be able to run against 8 man front and Dowe is overrated. The only game they won was becuz of JC, 233 yards agonist the Saints. Also how about throwing him a screen

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:02:52 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
Rex couldn't win a Super Bowl even if he was playing the Charlotte Bobcats.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:04:24 AM PDT
MoultonHawk is right. If you don't have a great QB or a sick defense your not going to win it all. That's why I don't believe in Houston or the 49ers. They have very good defenses, but not good enough to carry a team. the 02 Bucs and 00 Ravens were sick enough to overcome the lack of offense. Before that you had Warner in 99 who was elite at the time, 98 n 97 was Elway, 96 Favre, Aikman won 3 and Young once. So basically the last time a bad Qb won a Super Bowl without an amazing defense was the Redskins with Rypien. The 90 Giants had a pretty good defense and won by a missed kick. But you gotta remember that the game has changed in the last 22 years.

I know people are saying now that the way of the Elite qb is the way now and forever, but I think that will change. Eventually defenses are going to build to stop the pass and some team will come along with a power running team and win it all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:04:29 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
I don't know why they've stuck with Cassel so long. He makes terrible decisions. We must have some ot the worst management in all the NFL to suck this bad for this long. It's embarrassing to be honest. I didn't even watch last night. We haven't led for one single second and time this season during regulation play.

Liking another team isn't an option. I might just stop watching NFL football altogether at this point though. I appreciate your sympathy, Kendahl. I needed it today. We are an absolute dumpster fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:05:30 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
Arrowhead Stadium is under power lines?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:07:06 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Yeah... or the best Defense in league? Glad hes gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:57:33 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
Well he's won two Super Bowls so I guess Ben has to be considered elite, but I'm not real high on him as a QB. He's so immobile. I think he's the product of great teammates (a great O-line, solid running game, good coaches, etc).

I feel like you don't necessarily need an elite QB to win. Yes, it helps tremendously and it's by far the most important position on the field but if Rex Grossman can lead a team to the Super Bowl, then I think there is hope for a lot of teams that don't have an elite QB.

Also, how many teams have an elite backup QB? None...which means if only teams with elite QBs have a shot then those teams are also just one injury away from being knocked out of contention.

The reason the NFL is so much better than other professional sports is because nearly every team has a legitimate chance of winning. Unlike the NBA where realistically only three teams have a chance to win the championship.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 12:05:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 12:18:29 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Ben is for sure elite. Non-mobile ? Hmm he is the hardest QB in the NFL to take down that isn't a track athlete, and he only moves when he has to. No one else in the NFL can hold on to the ball for 2 minutes it seems and find a receiver 20 yards downfield like Ben. He's a thorn in my Ravens sides.

Gator Houston and SF are ligit either and can go all the way, but again I think they'll meet an elite qb and get their dream smashed. It's frustrating, that's why I absolutely despise the Colts they sat starters intentionally last year to ensure that 1st overall pick and now they are set for 15 years with a likely elite QB who has been rumored to have a photographic memory on top of it !
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions