Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:58:32 AM PST
He's a HUGE pain, so don't get discouraged!

If you feel like you're about to quit, take the back way into Blighttown (since you have the Master Key) and come back to the depths later. Capra is one of the toughest boss fights (maybe the hardest boss fight) for new players.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:59:50 AM PST
Sweet! I will try that out as well. I found a merchant behind some bars in a tunnel that leads back to the starting area that sold some stuff that allows you to fight ghosts. A mold or something? Cant remember. Pretty sure I bought one just in case though. I'll have to look when I get home.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:01:28 AM PST
Transient Curse allows you to fight ghosts. They also drop it, so you should be able to amass a good amount of it before you run out.

Purging stones cure curse.

Alternatively, you can get yourself cursed and then all weapons you have will damage ghosts without the use of a special item. You just get your HP halved each time you're cursed, so don't do it more than once...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:02:02 AM PST
No worries. I have a rule now that has helped a lot. Die three times with one encounter, stop playing for a little while and do soemthing welse. Come back a little later and try again. Keeps me from getting too frustrated. My other rule is to use any humanity before going into a battle that I think I'll die in through kindling and reverse hollowing....so far anyway, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:02:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 5:14:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Here's what you do for Capra (Capra is the bane of my Dark Souls existence). If you have the Master Key, from Firelink (the starting area after the Asylum) head down the stairs past the woman in the cell and onto the elevator. Take that down to New Londo Ruins and when you come out of the elevator go right and head up those stairs. This will put you in the Valley of the Drakes. Take the wooden bridge across the valley and go right into the back entrance of Blighttown. In Blighttown, and you may have to get a guide to see the exact location, there is the Eagle Shield. It's the game's first greatshield. With this, or any great shield, you can block all of Capra's attacks.

Here's a youtube video that shows the location of the Eagle Shield in Blighttown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98L-PC0Ujyg

This guy starts at the half way point, the bonfire at the middle of Blighttown, so once you get there you can use this video.

Of course since you'll be in the bottom of Blighttown, you could just skip Capra and The Depths all together and move onto Quelaag at the bottom of Blighttown, ring the second bell and never look back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:03:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Seriously, because his scythes ignore shields, so blocking does nothing. I just fought him last night and he nearly killed me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:03:18 AM PST
That's right. Now that you mention the name, I remember. I bought one of each of those when I visited that merchant. I figured they would come in handy at some point.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 5:04:35 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Capt, my copy of DS updated last night, but that update plugged the BB glitch yes? If I want to BB though, can I just delete the update from the game data section and then start the game offline and do the glitch?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:05:07 AM PST
Save all the humanity items you have for down the road though. You won't lose those if you die, just the activated humanity (the number in the top left).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:06:44 AM PST
That's a VERY tough fight if you're unprepared.

Could always plink away with the 999 arrow bundles I gave you, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:08:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, I tried to kick him off the ledge, but kicking is so touchy that I used my weapon instead. Luckily, even though I was panicked, my Dark Souls training took over and I did the ol' bait him into attacking then hit him routine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:13:24 AM PST
I swing 75% of the time I try to kick...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:03:23 AM PST
That's what I meant. I've been hanging onto the item humanity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:06:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 6:09:22 AM PST
I perfected my kicking skills early on the turtle spearbearers just outside the entrance of the first merchant. It's the jumping mechanic that always messes with me. I can't count the times I've rolled into a hole I was trying to jump over. I wish we could remap actions for that reason. Maybe make the jump while you're running and press L2.

@Fox: Lautrec was a huge pita for me. I just kept my distance from him until he rolled, then hit him 2 times and rolled away. If you are going to throw down with him, FLS isn't the best place to do it. The best time to take him, imo, is just after you free him then kite him to just outside the church where the 3 skellies were. Of course, if you fight him right where he's sitting at FLS, he might just roll himself off the ledge(he's done that twice for me). Beware, if he can fall off by rolling, you can too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:25:36 AM PST
That I will def do for sure. Eagle Shield

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:27:11 AM PST
Just got the game last night, guess I'm gonna join all of you in death.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:29:10 AM PST
Sweet! Welcome!
A great thing about this game is the helpfulness of the community. It's a game that people who are already playing get excited when somebody new starts playing and are stoked to give great tips and advice, as evidenced by the comments in this thread.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 11:31:48 AM PST
Slaychandim says:
I have gone through this game like 4 or 5 times and I still hate that Capra fight. I myself am on ng+ and just started the dlc again witch is super hard

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:32:42 AM PST
Finally!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:37:15 AM PST
Chris... says:
Nice! Just take it slow, and only drop your shield when you're swinging your sword.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:38:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 11:38:45 AM PST
Feels like forever ago when we helped you with Demon's Souls tips, doesn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:42:49 AM PST
That was one of the earlier games I had for the PS3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:44:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 11:45:52 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
NG+ is great. If you can beat the game on NG+ that is the true test.

I hope that Dark Souls 2 has a normal mode like Dark Souls has now and a NG+ (I basically mean harder enemies from the start) mode that you can start from the beginning without any gear.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 11:46:27 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I can't play Demon's Souls. I play it for like 20 minutes, then I just want to switch back to Dark Souls.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 11:49:31 AM PST
Coffee says:
I played the hell out of this when it first came out, but never really beat it. Picked it up on sale for the PC, but just can't seem to get motivated to stick with a character long enough to make it past the Taurus demon. Don't know if I want to go Pyro again, or do a magic user, or even make a faith build! The choices!!!1111!!!11111 arrrrrrgh!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions