Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hacker discovers Wii U CPU clock speed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 275 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:05:53 AM PST
knock offs

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:06:38 AM PST
aaaah memories...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:06:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:42:54 AM PST
digital downloads of full games...duh

and Nintendoland...Im sorry. that game sux and is not why I purchase the WiiU.

Also, Ethernet > Wifi as I have all my (most) devices wired either straight on my modem or on a Power Line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:08:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:09:57 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Fair enough, I am not a fan. I'd rather have the disk. This isn't a Nintendo thing, but a thing in general. I bought ps2 HD remakes on disk, not downloads. I don't get why I would pay the same amount for a digital copy as I would for a physical copy. I might as well go physical and have complete control over my games, such as taking them to a friends house. Buying physical also gives me the ability to trade in if I desire. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:08:46 AM PST
Perhaps. Just offering options.

I've had wii motes for 5 years so I guess it didn't bother me.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:09:10 AM PST
I do prefer digital items though. And always will.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:15:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:16:23 AM PST
Corrcect me If Im wrong

If I want play a VC game, what kind of controller do I need?

If I want to play any Wii game and many new WiiU (co-op) games what kind of controller do I need?

Why does Nintendo sell a New Controller (Pro-Controller) for a New System if its not to be used on a new game for the new system? Which I purchase when I preordered the WiiU just to find out it didnt work with NSMBU.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:16:38 AM PST
They need to patch VC games to work with the New Pro controller. That's a bad joke if you can't.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:22:59 AM PST
Kasmatsu X says:
I plan to go digital with the Wii U whenever possible. With the gamepad I can play just about anywhere in my house, but to change physical games you have to physically change discs in the system. Digital you just pick from the menu. It is great on Vita and 3DS also because you don't have carry anything but the system.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:26:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:27:14 AM PST
as you may or not know, I have several PS3s at home. My son and I play a lot; sometimes together, sometimes against each other or sometimes Im playing SP and hes on MP on the same game. For example, Borderlands, this game is fun or more so when you play with friends/co-op. So if I want to do so with a physical disc I would have to purchase two disc, with PSN downloads, I only need to purchase 1. My point is on the PS3 it makes more sense for me to purchase digital games vs physical.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:27:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:27:49 AM PST
Lucanus says:
VC=classic

Wii=remote

Wii-U=tablet

I think the real question is, why did you buy a controller (Pro) when you don't need it? :)

Though Punk is 100% right, the U needs a patch to so the Pro works with VC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:30:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:36:09 AM PST
Again, I purchase the Pro Controller when I preordered the WiiU just to find out it didn't work with NSMBU (for co-op) which I also Preordered.

but the real question is Why does Nintendo sell a New Controller (Pro-Controller) for a New System if its not to [can not] be used on a new game for the new system? OR even better, why so many controllers when one can [should] do the job just like on the Xbox 360 and PS3..excluding motion controls of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:31:11 AM PST
It's not important!

Would you really argue clock speed = fun?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:37:41 AM PST
Jacob Dyer says:
Yes. I did a study on the 3DS and the Vita, and the Vita is 87% faster. It also is 87% more fun.

This is compelling, scientific evidence.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:37:52 AM PST
I agree. All games should work with all controllers, I suppose Wii games will need Wiimotes, but all WiiU games should work with any WiiU controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:39:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:41:55 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"Why does Nintendo sell a New Controller (Pro-Controller) for a New System if its not to [can not] be used on a new game for the new system? "

Because there are people who don't research and will buy it? Honestly I don't know, I think the Pro Controller is stupid at this point in time. My hope is a patch is on the way and we will see Pro Controller for VC games. My only point is you could have figured out before buying the Pro it wasn' going to work. I was able too. :)

Edit: I also agree with Punk, the Pro Controller should work with ALL U games. It is a stupid move by Nintendo. There is a reason I didn't buy a Pro Controller, the thing is worthless in it's current state.

Ideally all VC and U games should work with the Pro. While Wii games use the Remote. It should be that way. I don't think anybody would say otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:42:16 AM PST
Kasmatsu X says:
The pro controller is for CoD.

The gamepad is the only controller you need just like 360/PS3.

The Wiimote is for backwards compatibility. Plus it allows Wii "style" games to continue in the next gen without needed new units made.

"Wii Mode" is pretty literal. It only works with peripherals that already worked on the original Wii.

I imagine the Wii U's own VC once it shows up will work with the pro. I don't think the pro or gamepad will ever work in Wii Mode though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:45:44 AM PST
dont you thinks thats kind of redundant? All of these controllers? (excluding the motion)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:46:20 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"I imagine the Wii U's own VC once it shows up will work with the pro."

The big question, will I be able to redownload my VC games on the U for free in order to take advantage of Pro Controller support? Or will I be expected to rebuy Ocarina, Majora, etc?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:46:30 AM PST
R. TypO says:
Does every WiiU come with a chart/diagram illustrating each controller and its usage?

Nintendo doesn't drop the ball anymore, they poke a hole in it and sell you another.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:48:21 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"Does every WiiU come with a chart/diagram illustrating each controller and its usage?"

Nope but on back of every Wii and U game is a picture of what controllers can be used. So simple anybody, including kids, should be able to figure it out. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:54:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:09:14 AM PST
'My only point is you could have figured out before buying the Pro it wasn' going to work. I was able too'

Dude, whatever. Theres no excuse what-so-ever for it not working on the NSMBU..non whatsoever! This isnt me making a Bash Nintendo Post, but just stating the facts! I understand you already have every single controller for the Wii so it was a non issue for you. I get it.

But I'm suppose to question why Nintendo would make a totally new controller for a totally new system that will not work with a major NEW WiiU game prior to purchasing it only to find out it didnt work when I tried to use it? Its not like I was expecting the Pro Controller to work with Wii games, but I sure did expect for it to work with every single WiiU game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:00:46 AM PST
N. Gay says:
Well I believe the original wii was made in Japan while the U is being made in the same Foxcon factory as xbox/ps3. When Japan makes something its of the highest quality, can't say the same for china. It's also why nobody cares for Sony TVs any more cause they are of nearly the same quality as the no name brands.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:01:57 AM PST
Kasmatsu X says:
I've played mine every day since I picked it up launch morning. I haven't used anything other than the gamepad. I haven't even paired my original Wii's Wiimote to it yet.

It isn't convoluted. The Wii U has the gamepad and the Pro. It is also backwards compatible with everything that worked on the Wii. Developers are free to use whatever thay want.

Black Ops 2 works with pretty much anything you want to use. Gamepad, WiiU Pro, Wiimote/nunchuk, Wii classic pro... It all works. Choice is never a bad thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:07:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:18:16 AM PST
so I can use my WiiPad for VC/Wii (non-motion) games? Nope
So I can use my Pro controller for VC, Wii (non-motion) and most WiiU games? Nope
So I can use my Classic Controller for WiiU games? Nope (Not sure about Wii)
So I can use my Wiimote for [most] WiiU games? Nope. (not sure about VC)

It seems the only Choice I have is the one that's required for me to purchase so that I play the game I chose to play.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
With No Other Choice, This Student Resorted to Prostitution to Meet NYU's Soaring Price 28 2 minutes ago
OT: I will raise your taxes 747 2 minutes ago
My tax bracket is going from 15% to 17.2% 714 2 minutes ago
OT: Deadpool movie reviews are coming in. Positive reviews everywhere! 4 5 minutes ago
2016 VGF Vote to the death...you monsters 2468 7 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 269 17 minutes ago
Gravity Rush Remastered 45 32 minutes ago
One month of EA Access for $2.10 1 40 minutes ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 459 43 minutes ago
Hey D. snow iPad pro isn't doing that bad 143 44 minutes ago
Seagate releases 4TB external HDD for Xbox One 89 53 minutes ago
Evolve - PlayStation 4 $9.99 here @ Amazon 10 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  275
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions