Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fact: PS3 fans are the worst

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 189 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:00:21 PM PDT
On what sites? Certainly not VG Chartz. The only gaming website I see that has an abundance of PS3 fans is N4G. Answer me this M, how come every Gamestop I go into has 360 fanboys as employees? Certainly that is not the case for all Gamestops but it just as much an exaggeration as the web site traffic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:07:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 4:14:45 PM PDT
M. says:
"On what sites? Certainly not VG Chartz. The only gaming website I see that has an abundance of PS3 fans is N4G."

Take a look at this...

Amazon PS3 forum-917 discussions
http://www.amazon.com/tag/playstation%203/ref=tag_ybc_ycc_itdp

Amazon 360 Forums-515 discussions
http://www.amazon.com/tag/xbox%20360/ref=tag_ybc_ycc_itdp

Gametrailers Forums
http://forums.gametrailers.com/

PS3 Forums-46,861 discussions
360 Forums- 21,759 Discussions

Gamespot Forums
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/index.html

PS3 Forums- 1,842,780 discussions
360 Forums- 1,790,782 discussions

Now looking at those numbers there is no denying there are more PS3 fans on every big videogame forum on the net. So why does a console that has the least amount of sales/fans have more fanboys then any other console? I think that answer is very clear. They are insecure about the fact that the PS3 is in last place so the only thing they can do is spread misinformation on the internet to try and make people believe the PS3 isnt doing as bad as it really is. Its common sense. I see it everyday, and apparently Im not the only one. See original post.

"Answer me this M, how come every Gamestop I go into has 360 fanboys as employees? "

Because in the "real world" the 360 is MUCH more popular. Thats exactly the point. Why would the console with the lowest sales have the most fans?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:08:06 PM PDT
El Bro Bro says:
Get a life, or go play your Atari 2600. PS3 is ther greatesy platform since PS2, and Microsoft is still playing catch-up to Sony after all these years.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 4:10:17 PM PDT
And the fighting continues....

Anyone hear the latest news?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:12:33 PM PDT
mannynj says: "newb".

haha what a noob.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:12:40 PM PDT
I... What?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 4:14:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 4:20:48 PM PDT
I think PS3 fans just want to help other people make the right choice in life. Kind of like helping someone to find Jesus...only better.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:23:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 4:31:13 PM PDT
T-Hype says:
@ M -

I don't see facts in this thread other than discussion numbers on a couple websites. I don't know, maybe Sony users prefer to have conversations, or perhaps Xbox fans don't know how to use forums, who knows... you surely don't have your finger on the pulse of the entire gaming community.

For my part, I'm an ex-Xbox 360 user, changed over for two reasons. 1.) My Xbox 360 blew up a couple of times and I just got tired of it and 2.) the Blueray player is essential if one has a big screen, high def television.

At any rate, Xbox gets more DLC content which is a bummer for PS3 fans, maybe that's why they complain more.

Either way you define it, whatever half-arsed theory you choose to believe, the truth of the matter is - whether you wrote the original post or not - you are just as much an immature, fire breathing whiner as the next guy.

The whole console war dynamic is the product of sheep. Blindly arguing for one giant, multi-billion dollar company over the other is merely a way for insecure kids to justify the fact that they only have enough money to purchase one console.

Silliness.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:27:38 PM PDT
You say the PS3 has the least amount of sales. That is true. You say it has the least amount of fans. I disagree. The PS2 sold 150 million systems and continues to sell. Overall the total amount of sales for all consoles is around 100 million (Wii, PS3, 360) so don't you think 5million or so people might be on forums or what have you asking about the PS3?

Hell, I dunno M, but your obsession over this topic is not healthy.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:33:36 PM PDT
M. says:
"I don't see facts in this thread other than discussion numbers on one particular site."

Did you see the links I just posted? On every gaming site on the net there is an overwhelmingly large number of PS3 fans, and thats a fact. It is also fact that the PS3 has the lowest sales, does that make any sense at all?

This part of the article says it all...

"I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, and if you're reading this and are currently angry or offended by any of the statements, you're only going to prove just how correct I am."

Are you trying to say the man who wrote this article is a fanboy? Destructoid is very reputable, yet when I make the same claims as this journalist I am called a fanboy. So which is it? Are we both fanboys? Or is it possible we are just stating the obvious truth and the only defense Sony fans have is calling someone a fanboy for calling it like it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:34:43 PM PDT
M. says:
"You say the PS3 has the least amount of sales. That is true. You say it has the least amount of fans. I disagree."

How does that make any sense whatsoever? The PS3 has the most fans but they dont own the console? Dude WTF?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 4:40:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 4:41:05 PM PDT
Docgreedo says:
So it's FACT that most 360 user's can't form sentences or use the internet.

I have numbers that back it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:41:23 PM PDT
Not everybody who is a fan has purchased a PS3 yet M. Don't you think people are going to purchase or are saving up. Just because your a fan does not mean you can't wait or you are still content with the PS2. I know an ass load of people that are fans of HDTV but have yet to make a purchase. I know people that are fans of Porsche but haven't bought one yet. That is what it means dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:41:35 PM PDT
T-Hype says:
@ M -

I did see your links, changed my original post to reflect that fact. At any rate there are no facts, merely three different websites that happen to have more topics posted under one platform or the other.

Additionally, I've seen my fair share of Xbox users posting in PS3 forums and vice-versa so topic numbers are irrelevant to the discussion.

The truth is maybe the PS3 has more anticipated exclusives, perhaps there are more complaints about the abysmal DLC content on the PS3.

The only thing I can mention is what I've noticed and I see an equal amount of fanboy-ism going on for both consoles.

So I say again, be it Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony fans, they are all equally retarded, all equally childish, and anyone who perpetuates the problem (IE: you) is no different or better than said fire breathing fanboys.

No facts, one man's opinion, one man's experience, none of which would hold a shred legitimacy in a mature debate.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 4:44:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 22, 2009 9:06:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:53:15 PM PDT
M. says:
"Additionally, I've seen my fair share of Xbox users posting in PS3 forums and vice-versa so topic numbers are irrelevant to the discussion."

So the fact that PS3 forums get more traffic despite the low console sales means nothing, but you saying youve seen an equal amount does? Just admit it that there are more PS3 fans on the web some strange reason.

"No facts, one man's opinion, one man's experience, none of which would hold a shred legitimacy in a mature debate."

Dude seriously read the article. This guy get letters from all fanboys every day. He clearly states that PS3 fans are more abundant and more upset when he mentions something negative about the PS3 opposed to the 360. I dont know what more proof you need. Just call everybody a fanboy and live in your little fairy tale.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 4:56:10 PM PDT
M. says:
"Not everybody who is a fan has purchased a PS3 yet M. Don't you think people are going to purchase or are saving up. Just because your a fan does not mean you can't wait or you are still content with the PS2."

You really think these forums are full of PS2 fans defending the PS3? Thats ridiculous.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 4:57:54 PM PDT
FACT: M is an idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 5:05:05 PM PDT
T-Hype says:
@ M -

Perhaps your definition of fact differs from the English Dictionary, only you can answer that question.

One man's opinion formed by his experience writing on one website never can be defined as fact. You're right that it is a fact that the author, personally, has seen more fire breathers coming from the Sony camp but that has no barring on the discussion as a whole.

I guess the real question is, why do you care, why is it I go in to an Uncharted 2 thread and see you state that the game looks terrible (paraphrased), questioning IGN's review (for the record their reviews are terrible, but I digress). Why would you do that unless you're a fanboy, why would you act like the very person(s) Destructoid is complaining about?

So what is it, M? Are you a fanboy, troll, or both? Either way you're retarded, just like the PS3 fanboys you profess to dislike so much.

As for me, I'll say it one last time: I have no preference for any console, I play what's fun, I buy what looks interesting, and I let you kids argue about the irrelevant. I'm done, arguing with someone who clearly cannot define the meaning of fact is a waste of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 5:09:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:19:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 5:27:03 PM PDT
M. says:
"One man's opinion formed by his experience writing on one website never can be defined as fact. You're right that it is a fact that the author, personally, has seen more fire breathers coming from the Sony camp but that has no barring on the discussion as a whole."

I never said what was posted in the article was fact, that was the writers headline. I said it is a fact that PS3 forums get more traffic on every website, and it is a fact that the PS3 has the smallest userbase.

"guess the real question is, why do you care,"

I care because every forum I go into to talk about games is filled with PS3 fanboys stating false facts to try to fool unsuspecting readers into buying their console of choice because they are insecure about being in last place. If I didnt have to read bs everytime I wanted to talk about games there would not be a problem. The thing is, when I make statement like "PS3 fanboys are the worst" I get talked down to like Im out of my mind. Well here is an article with someone who is in the gaming business who witnesses this stuff first hand and agrees with me. Just saying, maybe my claims are not too far off.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 5:27:38 PM PDT
M. says:
Ha.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 5:33:43 PM PDT
J. Resh says:
like i always say, the 360 is like a prostitute. there's a countless amounts of cheap, dull ones out there you beat around because of the horrible service and quality. but the ps3 is like a celebrity, you treat her right and you get what you pay for. shiny, curvy, and no dealing with her pimp afterward (M$). perfect.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 5:44:20 PM PDT
T-Hype says:
Hey, prostitutes can be fun too. My problem is my prostitute broke a couple of months ago so I had to find someone more trustworthy to spend my time and money on. :)

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 6:04:52 PM PDT
MegaXtreme says:
I don't really care what the article says. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Am I a PS3 fanboy? I guess I can admit it, though I will play games that are exclusives on other systems, like Left 4 Dead and Mario Kart Wii. I'll play a game if it's good, but if it's multi-platform, I'll go for the PS3 simply because it's a more reliable system hardware-wise. My 360 already went RROD once and I really don't want it to happen again. It is nice being able to do full installs on the 360 since it shuts off the disc drive, thus creating less heat so it's less susceptible to failure, but I just need a bigger HDD and $150 is pretty steep for 120 GB. All I have now is a 20 GB. :(

Each system has it's strengths and weaknesses and it is sad to see people bashing other consoles to death. Just play games and enjoy them. That's what they were meant for. I just prefer the PS3.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions