Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Vanuatu's Independence Day and ... Sissy Boys!?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:15:23 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:16:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 2:17:21 PM PDT
I've considered that for my private bits but the tattoo artist said that unless I just wanted to abbreviate it as 'P&P' I best give up on that idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:17:08 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
Hell no. Those guys are Fat Man and Little Boy

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:17:59 PM PDT
Yeah. And holy crap, 70 mg is a TON of Vicodin.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:18:34 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Worlds colliding!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:18:51 PM PDT
LOL

Mrs. Bear is such a huge RPG fan, much more than I am, and she is enjoying the game. First she was playing Skyrim (up to like level 55), then did another playthrough of ME3 from the beginning (to see the new endings, which are better), and now she's on Kingdoms of Amular and The Witcher at the same time. Hardcore!

I've pretty much decided the PC thing is going to be my next major purchase. This last Steam sale decided it for me because I got frustrated with the fact that barely anything on sale would run good on my current one. I just want to make sure Mrs. Bear actually gets the job at the end of the month, and nothing stupid happens to ruin that. Then I'll be looking for some good sales.

I sometimes leave out some "minor" details of my forum activities but I did mention Kate Upton a time or two. That didn't really work out too well for me or my ribs.

By the way I'll probably be getting a laptop and I'm thinking of getting one with an i7 CPU and GeForce 560M video chipset in it, along with 8 GB of RAM, and preferably a fast hard drive. Does that sound good or will that be outdated in a year?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:19:17 PM PDT
Sounds lopsided if you ask me lol though I like the WWII reference.

Cool little bit of info but my grandfather was the one who painted the name Enola Gay on the side of the side of the plane that delivered Little Boy.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:19:54 PM PDT
This. is. awesome.

You owe me a monitor cleaning. Nicely played.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:21:54 PM PDT
Have your people contact my people to get this monitor cleaning business worked out. =p

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:22:34 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
It's what it took. Keep in mind that I've used a low dose of oxycodone for years to manage my arthritis pain, so I'm already somewhat tolerant. (Low dose meaning maybe 5mg/day, some days 10mg/day, but not taken consistently). There are far too many people taking FAR more than 70mg every day to manage chronic pain. Up into the 100's of mgs. That is just wrong, and crappy doctoring. And maybe criminal.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:23:16 PM PDT
OMG, really? That is freaking amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:24:21 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
I was wondering how many people might get that. So, your grandpa was a war criminal?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:25:03 PM PDT
Sounds good. You might not max out BF3, but you'll be set for a while, I think. I've had this current rig for nearly two years now. There's nothing I can't run and the GPU is only a 1 GB card.

Ask Keji, though, he's always more knowledgeable.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:25:54 PM PDT
That's a MANS dose.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:29:16 PM PDT
Yea he painted the name on there but wasn't actually involved with the mission or anything like that. He just happened to be the guy who was standing there with nothing to do when Colonel Tibbets decided to name the craft after his mother lol.

@ Ogre

I'm a pretty big history buff so stuff like that I tend to catch pretty quick, especially involving WWII. My grandfather fought during the war but never spoke of it except for one time and it was pretty much "I don't want to talk about this." So I set out to understand why and pretty much learned everything there was to learn about WWII in the fifth grade.

Kids in my class are reading stuff like Hatchet and I'm reading Night about the concentration camps and what life was like living in there.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:32:27 PM PDT
OK Keji, I formally ask you. You are smarter than Nate according to him!

I'll probably be getting a laptop and I'm thinking of getting one with an i7 CPU and GeForce 560M video chipset in it, along with 8 GB of RAM, and preferably a fast hard drive. Does that sound good or will that be outdated in a year?

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:34:14 PM PDT
I might also replace the GeForce 8600 in Mrs. Bear's desktop with something newer, and up the memory from 2GB to 4GB. She's already got an Intel Dual Core 2.2 GHz in it. I think if I can do those upgrades for less than $100 it should be a cost effective way to keep her going on her PC for another year, so I don't have to buy 2 new PCs.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:34:30 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
Man's Search for Meaning

Then you should read this. It is considered one of the most important books to come out of the concentration camp experience.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:40:22 PM PDT
Damn, I wish I pre-ordered a Nexus Q from google now. Apparently after delaying the product to "make it even better" they decided to still ship out the pre-orders but for free so the people who wanted the product are now beta-testers.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:42:23 PM PDT
Sounds great!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:50:24 PM PDT
Considering the setup she has in there is about 4-5 years old, it was pretty good for it's time and we got a good run out of it. I've actually used that case for 3 different computers. I bought it in the late 90s. It's a rather large and sturdy one, really well put together. It just doesn't have front panel USB ports and it didn't have a reset button. I jerry-rigged a reset button from another case and just use a USB hub.

Sorry to interrupt the flow of the conversation with dork stuff guys. Nate got me excited about it so I blame him.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:54:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 2:55:00 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
Let's get our terminology straight here. This not "dork" stuff. It is "geek" stuff. Now that's clarified, yeah, pretty dorky there, Bear.

All seriousness aside, I was just noting the other day, how many different sub-conversation go on simultaneously in here. Successfully.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 3:02:26 PM PDT
Yeah I've noticed that in the past. I've seen 3 or 4 going on simultaneously in the past but for whatever reason it makes me uncomfortable being a part of that. I don't want to be like "that guy" in the room. The one that draws negative attention to himself for carrying on against the flow of what everyone else is talking about. At least I don't have a brightly colored leisure suits though.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 3:41:02 PM PDT
It is quite amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 3:41:56 PM PDT
You got skillz!

Anyway, I'm out for now. Night!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions