Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

black friday deals

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 282 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:10:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 9:15:49 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Yeah, I don't like the top load - that's my biggest reason. Space wise and aesthetically. Though if I do get the 320gb, waiting for Black Friday was completely moot!

BTW, this might be a stupid question, but does the slim stand sidewise?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:21:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 9:25:38 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I'd go with the 320 GB model too. If you are going to get PS Plus you'll want a lot of space to hold all the free games you're going to download. Also the Super Slim looks like it's rather flimsy. You can stand a Slim on it's side with a bracket (search for "ps3 vertical stand" to see the many choices). There are no rubber legs on it's side like the Xbox 360 has so I wouldn't suggest standing it without a bracket, it may fall over. Either that or just lay it flat, which is really the best way.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:25:39 PM PST
Waldo says:
If you think the Super Slim is cheap and flimsy, this video review of someone dropping a hammer and jumping up and down on it with literally no damage to it just might change your mind whether it will stand abuse or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShaSi8HiCBg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahfdH2tNQIY&feature=relmfu

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:31:15 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Thank you for posting those pointless videos that didn't really prove anything other than the guy making them is stupid.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:35:39 PM PST
Waldo says:
If you don't understand the point, on what I said above the links then you need help. People are hesitant to buy the new Super Slim because they say it looks like it will break easily, etc etc. That's why I posted the links, get it now?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:37:14 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
He didn't actually prove anything because he didn't plug the PS3 in and try to turn it on to see if it actually still worked. Get it now?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:40:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 9:41:01 PM PST
Waldo says:
The fact that the lid didn't break off after all that abuse tells ya it's not as flimsy and cheap as people think! That was the point to his videos. Get it now?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:43:46 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
At the end of the second video parts of the PS3 actually did break off and it sounded like it was cracking when he was standing on it near the end. You're not really making your point so you can stop being condescending.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:55:44 PM PST
Waldo says:
Calling the kettle black, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:00:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:01:27 PM PST
Am I the only person who's never seen a black kettle?

Edit:
Dammit. I didn't realize I was racist against kettles.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:01:14 PM PST
Waldo says:
Kamenstein 2-1/2-Quart Whisle Tea Kettle, Black

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:37:57 AM PST
Has anyone seen Resident Evil 6 on sale anywhere?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:04:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 9:31:45 AM PST
Dale B. says:
Target has the 3DS XL right now for $175.00. Just picked one up !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:10:10 AM PST
Yung says:
Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3

Amazon has it for $39.99, i think they were price matching Gamestop

Besides that, I haven't seen it in the Black Friday ads that I've looked at. I traded it in for $42 at Best Buy a month ago. I was hoping to catch a deal as well, but I'll wait I guess

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:19:40 PM PST
Chevyman says:
So Amazon is going to have the $199 250GB PS3 for Black Friday? What is the PS3 Doorbuster Bundle anyway? Is it the same bundle that other stores will have with the Uncharted Dual Pack and Infamous Collection?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:22:38 PM PST
Prankster says:
Yep, the same. It will also have Festival of Blood in case the other stores aren't offering that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:26:48 PM PST
Chevyman says:
Hope I am able to get one then b/c my old 80GB PS3 got YLOD earlier this year.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 5:37:41 PM PST
C_Hus says:
Has anyone come across a deal for the Man With No Name Trilogy on blu-ray? I've been wanting to grab that for a while now, I've noticed that it's down to only 19.99 on Amazon, just wondering if it will be cheaper on thurs/fri.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 6:33:26 PM PST
FOGE says:
I've never seen black pot. It's always green.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:34:28 PM PST
Waldo says:
Probably shouldn't let the water rust in it!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:56:53 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Amazon has almost the worst black friday this year out of everyone not even selling NFS MW at this point yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:00:06 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Maybe. It's only Monday, and the deals on console games that were posted (lightning deals) are all the same price or lower than other retailers.

Now if all the lightning deal sell out in a fraction of a second like last year, then I might agree. But it has to happen first.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:20:58 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
They're matching blu-ray prices from retailers, so that has me satisfied. The only game I'm looking to buy is AC3, so if they don't have it at $35, I'll get it from Best Buy.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:21:34 AM PST
DukeNole says:
I didn't want to start a separate thread, but Amazon has Firefly on blu-ray for $12.99 - that's an absolute steal. If anyone doesn't have it yet, you can't beat that price!!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:24:07 AM PST
Waldo says:
Or watch the Firefly season for free on Netflix if you're a member! :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: What does not being on Facebook mean to you? 4 24 seconds ago
I can't wait for the NX! I wanna see how bad it gets outsold by the PS4. 7 3 minutes ago
Emily Rogers: Retro Studios NX game isn't Metroid or DKC. Releases 2017. Possibly New IP 36 4 minutes ago
OT: Would you rather die from a shark attack or a bear attack? 36 6 minutes ago
Apple is a tax cheat and treats iPhone workers in China horribly. China hits back: iTunes and iBooks stores shut down 1 6 minutes ago
Apple CEO Tim Cook Teases 'Great Innovation' in Product Pipeline on CNBC's Mad Money 2 6 minutes ago
dis one time i farted rly loud and scared my cat... den my cat bite me and i bleed onto my favorite pillow 813 7 minutes ago
Apple stock is on its worst slide in nearly 20 years. People are sick of buggy 800-dollar iPhones 1 8 minutes ago
OT: What does "Addams Family Values" mean to you? 13 11 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3205 42 minutes ago
Xbox One Exclusive Yomi Wo Saku Hana for PS Vita Announced. Rock bottom For the Microsoft? 12 48 minutes ago
Shadow Complex is $4.94 on Xbox Live right now for Goldmembers 1 50 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  75
Total posts:  282
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions