Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Denny's franchise owner adding 5% Obamacare surcharge to customer bills

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 544 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 2:48:28 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
You're joking right?

I know what I heard? I heard that Obama is secretly working with al-Qaeda. Bin Laden didn't die last year because Obama is Osama!!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:16:48 PM PST
Horowitz says:
He'll continue to live high on the hog while his employees continue to live in poverty.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:42:10 PM PST
mjc0961 says:
Of course this guy is full of it. Doing one or the other? Makes sense. Doing both? You're charging customers more to cover Obamacare charges that don't exist because you cut the employee's hours and thus they aren't getting anything from you or Obamacare. And you just expect us to get so mad at Obama that we don't notice? John Metz is a putz. Remind me never to eat at any restaurant he owns. He's a total scumbag, screwing over both his employees and his customers to turn a bigger profit and telling us all to blame it on Obama. No, Metz, I'll blame it on you because it's 100% your fault.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:03:25 PM PST
"They're family friends, after all."

Heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:03:42 PM PST
It isn't strange in Arab culture. Not at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:05:31 PM PST
"this is goint to catch on and the top 30% (that pay 90% of taxes already) is eventually going take their ball and go home. what's going to happen then? who is going to get stuck with the bill?"

Who moves the world?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:07:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 4:11:48 PM PST
This. I don't think any reasonable person thinks the owner does not have a right to charge more. It's simply his reasoning for it, when coupled with his intention to reduce workers' hours, is simply disingenuous. And the whole blaming it on Obama and the Democrats? That just smacks of not wanting to take responsibility for his own actions.

I don't own a small business, so I don't know exactly the ways that this would affect me and my workers if I did. So I don't want to dismiss his complaints immediately, but he just chose the wrong way to go about expressing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:08:12 PM PST
Dun dun DUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:23:34 PM PST
Soulshine says:
GRRREAT LATE NATE RECAP!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:28:08 PM PST
Or another choice, don't eat there.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:49:37 PM PST
Pretty much the only time I eat at Denny's is when there isn't an IHOP nearby.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:58:59 PM PST
What a D bag.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:04:05 PM PST
Idiocy. People won't pay it. If I ate there and they handed me a bill with a five percent surcharge that I wasn't aware of in the front, I'd leave the server an extra special tip, let the management know they can take their surcharge and shove it right up you know where with the stick this guy generally keeps up there, pay the rest of my bill and walk right out the door. I believe the burden should be on corporations to handle those charges. Small business is different, but obviously with that kind of a chain, he doesn't need to screw his employees left and right. Good luck retaining any good help. i wish you the worst.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:04:49 PM PST
True but I don't see him being the only company owner doing this type of thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:07:19 PM PST
What d bags.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:12:15 PM PST
What scares me is when the employe's get irate about what this man did it's most likely the customers who are going to pay for it, remember these people are making your food.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:53:27 PM PST
Facelord says:
Yeah, I'm not eating at Denny's anymore. Luckily I haven't had their food in quite a while, but I did considering eating there instead of IHOP recently. Very glad I chose IHOP, I'll be sure to spread the word that the company doesn't WANT our dollar vote and that other restaurants are better anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:55:07 PM PST
Don says:
life without Denny's.... hmmm.. I think I could live with that. This self important clown needs to go out of business.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:57:56 PM PST
Facelord says:
Hey now, corporations are people my friend. Small businesses can handle these charges, but one individual person going by the name of Denny's? Come on, be considerate of this individual.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:05:12 PM PST
In my defense, this time it was because I was playing a PS3 exclusive.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:07:05 PM PST
I will continue to eat my delicious breakfast meals at Cracker Barrel. Granted, that company probably does stuff I don't agree with too, but at least they aren't dbags about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:09:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 6:10:34 PM PST
Facelord says:
I wish we had a local Cracker Barrel here in East Texas. I think that's a Northern USA thing, like White Castle. I am so jealous of Northerners. :<

Update: ooh, did research, apparently Cracker Barrel is a Southern thing. I feel left out, maybe if I ever visit Tennessee again I'll try to eat at one of their locations.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:25:25 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:34:26 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:50:09 PM PST
When you say something "funny" and nobody laughs, it's not them, it's you.
‹ Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  544
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions