Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dead Space 3 ng+

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2013 5:18:41 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
After completing the game on 'Impossible', I was having a hard time deciding which mode to try next. I started a new game on 'Classic', but it doesn't really feel any different than the standard mode. I haven't unlocked the bench yet, so I'll play to that point and see what the changes are.

Has anyone tried 'Pure Survival' or 'Hardcore'? Anyone unlocked 'Retro' mode yet and tried that?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 6:04:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 6:06:47 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
In Classic you can't make weapons. I'm on Chapter 8 of Classic mode now. It's a huge time sink, so I doubt I'll try any of the other modes IF I manage to beat Classic mode.

There are little blurbs that tell you what each mode is. I have no idea what Retro mode is though. Also you don't carry any of your gear over from the game when starting Classic, Pure Survival, Hardcore or Retro. It's just whatever preorder items you have.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:13:00 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
What were your trouble spots on 'impossible'?

I had a little trouble in chapter 17 where you're attacked by about 40 creatures...mostly the ones that walk on all fours and the guys that turn into the 3-tentacled creatures when you 'kill' them. It's the area where you use the 3 signs to open the doors. I also struggled a little bit on the final chapter making my way to the final battle. I completely pwned the last boss after loading up my inventory with large health packs, statis modules, and ammo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 6:15:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 6:16:15 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I didn't beat it on impossible. I went from beating it on easy to Classic mode.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:25:11 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
Ohh, ok.

I played through on 'impossible' thinking there would be an achievement the whole time...sadly, nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:52:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You didn't get one for beating it on impossible? I know there are ones for easy, normal and hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:54:53 AM PST
pyroguy says:
but this is the PC version we're talking about?

oh, and about the Classic mode of "Dead Space 3", what does that consist of??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:56:24 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You basically can't make weapons. That's pretty much it, oh and the difficulty is set to hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:56:47 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
Nope, the only completion achievement I got was completing the game on any level...I played up through chapter 11 on hard, then switched to easy and finished the game. I got nothing for playing all the way through on impossible, except for some in-game unlocks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:57:04 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
pyro, I'm playing on 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:58:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, that sucks. I was going to go up through the difficulties in the regular game, but I guess I'll just jump to impossible.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 9:01:55 AM PST
pyroguy says:
that's strange you couldn't get the achievement for beating it on Impossible, as 360 users (and ones with PS3's) have in-game achievements while PC gamers like myself got screwed out of them for the 3rd time in a row.

@MrFoxHound:

Since Classic mode won't allow you to make weapons, does it allow you to use the original weapons from the first 2 games? I always liked using the original Line Gun in the 1st, as chucking out timed mines at groups of enemies saves alot of ammo

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 9:02:00 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
Impossible only changes by adding the damage that the enemies inflict and they take a little more damage to kill, but not a significant amount more. By the way, if you ever get to a part where you are running low on health packs or ammo, just 'save and quit'. Then replay any level you want, switch to easy, hoard everything you find, switch back to impossible, then 'save and quit'. When you resume your impossible playthrough, you'll have all the inventory that you just collected.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:24:36 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't know. I've only got the plasma cutter and my preorder DLC guns.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:28:32 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
I'm sure you can make the Line Gun since it's a standard weapon in the first two games.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 11:39:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 11:40:16 AM PST
P. Artl says:
Retro mode is unlocked after beating it on hardcore. It isn't an actual difficulty setting, it's more like a graphics toggle that makes the game look incredibly terrible (trust me, you won't want to play with it on). Pure Survival I thought might be the most challenging due to limited resources but actually what happens is that instead of dropping a 4-ammo pack enemies drop stacks of 70-80 scrap metal (which can be used to buy ammo at 100 metal per 5 ammo) so the net is basically the exact same, it just necessitates making sure you bring enough ammo between benches. There also seem to be no circuits and stuff found in the world, but again where there were circuits you now get the materials to just build the circuits.

And there is no reason at any point to use anything that isn't named "Evangelizer Shotgun". No joke there, it's massively overpowered against literally everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 12:04:06 PM PST
pyroguy says:
i've heard about unlocking the Planetcracker Class Plasma Cutter in "Dead Space 3", just for having a save file from "Dead Space 2" (similar to the Refurbished one for DS2)

@HmphreeBogart:

You can definitely make the Line Gun, as i've seen videos of it. But from the videos i've seen, it only has the wide-beam slicer as the primary fire only (whereas the one from DS1 and DS2, it fires both a wide-beam [primary] and chucks timed-mines [alt-fire]), whereas you need a lower tool (which the name of escapes me at the moment) the chucks mines

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 6:10:35 PM PST
waxc3 says:
Beat classic tonight. Got the devil horns. One of the best weapons I have ever used. And the reloads are hilarious!

You CAN make weapons but only from blueprints. They are the weapons from the old games. No weapon crafting is available but you can add this 8 circuits to make your gun 300% better.

Classic mode was quite easy. Carried a ton of health packs at all times and maxed out the evangelizer.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:33:13 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
I'm not sure if my game is glitched, but enemies are most definitely dropping ammo packs on my Pure Survival playthrough. They are not dropping health packs, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:03:46 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
their is only an achievement for beating the game on any difficulty. Then 3 more chevos for each New Game + mode: Classic, Hardcore and Survival.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:04:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 6:04:59 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Gotcha. I didn't get any play time last night, so I'm still on Chapter 13 on Classic. It sucks having to start over with nothing but the Plasma Cutter and pre-order bonuses in those modes though.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:13:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 6:13:13 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
Fox, I'm up to chapter 4 on Pure Survival...it hasn't been that bad yet. I'm still disappointed that impossible didn't net me an achievement.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:16:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 7:19:53 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
you do get some really good circuts for each difficuly completed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:17:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Especially in NG+ when you unlock +3 circuits.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:19:00 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
im only in chapter 7 on Survival mode but i have not seen any ammo packs and found very few medium health packs. Did you get the patch if you play online? I heard pre-patch, you can play any New Game + with the devil hornes
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Who uses Whey protein? 9 16 seconds ago
Amazon PC 'end of summer sale' 19 18 seconds ago
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition thread 434 1 minute ago
September's free Xbox Live Games with Gold include Super Time Force & Halo Reach 0 2 minutes ago
OT: What's your take on rape culture and feminism? 76 3 minutes ago
Metro Redux: what it's really like to develop for PS4 and Xbox One 63 3 minutes ago
Why aren't more people buying Metro Redux? 18 4 minutes ago
Games That Felt Like They Were Rushed and Incomplete 100 4 minutes ago
AC Unity delayed by 2 weeks 3 5 minutes ago
I am starting to think this forum has Sony and Microsoft employees/people they pay to spam praise for Sony & Microsofft 7 6 minutes ago
Alan Wake review 22 6 minutes ago
5 Reasons the PS4 Is Better Than the Xbox One 29 6 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions