Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Star Wars VII: Will Darth Vader 'Rise from the Ashes'?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:07:51 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
I endorse this admission of fault. Well done, we of the internet appreciate your self-reflection.

I also believe Disney will make some bad Star Wars fiction to make money, and it will annoy many people, but have no illusions that this has not already happened.

I mean, the first set of Star Wars Transformers was kinda neat. After that they ran out of ideas.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:47:34 AM PST
Well, I guess it's my turn to chime in. I was wrong, I was backpeddling and flip flopping, I came in here with pre-conceived notions of Disney and when they were shown to be incorrect, I then switched gears to an even broader generalization. Apologies nate, wont make THAT mistake again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:14:53 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
And then, when it is pointed out that they are wrong, they call the people doing the fact checking "Abrasive."

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:06:31 PM PST
I love how much people try to back peddle when they've been proven obviously wrong. Instead of having the whole thing end right then and there with "Huh. Guess I was mistaken!" or some other similar phrase, they try to argue how their being wrong doesn't matter for whatever reason and keep digging their holes. Thanks for keeping people honest, Nate. I seriously mean that.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:58:50 PM PST
Shrapnel, I don't care if you don't like Star Wars, or Disney, or whatever. But I kind of have a pet peeve about people posting factually incorrect information to back up their opinions. You can still have whatever opinion you want (that Disney will surely milk SW). It's just that you should use bad arguments to back up your opinions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:56:46 PM PST
I can make higher level food items that give various boons.

I'm certainly not an elitist. I am simply trying to inform you that SW has been getting milked for a long time. Disney won't change this. I have no idea why you seem to dislike Disney so much. That's certainly fine. It's just that your irrational dislike of that company is making you say things are going to happen that have ALREADY happened.

"Oh and I never mentioned anything about the Marvel/Disney connection"

You claimed that in The Avengers, no one got hurt:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdMsgID=Mx29IRERA6HSKQ2&cdMsgNo=84&cdPage=4&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1MKH0QUO59MXH#Mx29IRERA6HSKQ2

When proven wrong, you then claimed that Disney had nothing to do with the content of the movie:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdMsgID=Mx1JRVGZ0GWA6HG&cdMsgNo=100&cdPage=4&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1MKH0QUO59MXH#Mx1JRVGZ0GWA6HG

Your argument changed based on what was most convenient for you.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:55:33 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Opinions are like buttholes. They are tiny apertures of muscle through which poo often slithers. They are frequently hairy, and occasionally need to be wiped.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:50:39 PM PST
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/26

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:26:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 12:29:55 PM PST
uh huh. So...400 chef skill, does that increase the strength or duration of the stuff you create? I dont really care, its just that your SW elitist attitude (really sexy btw) is making you quite abrasive...and here I thought we were bonding. /sadface
Oh and I never mentioned anything about the Marvel/Disney connection...I didnt get read my copy of 'Inside Disney' this month, so clearly Im not as informed as you...but one day I really really hope to be. (just kidding- I still dont give a duck)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:24:55 PM PST
Anthony says:
"that SW was always kid friendly"...

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/23

lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:20:52 PM PST
Oh, really? Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:19:53 PM PST
Actually yeah, it kind of is. You're obviously ignorant of the fact that SW has been getting milked for decades. So your argument that Disney will somehow do something that hasn't already been done is an argument that uses an uninformed opinion as its premise.

Your argument that Disney would turn it super kid friendly ignores some other key facts: that SW was always kid friendly, and that Disney already makes PG-13 movies. To make your point about how pro-kid Disney is, you pointed to The Avengers as an example in which no one gets hurt. When this example was shown to be invalid, you then claimed that, well, Disney doesn't have much creative control over the Marvel movies.

You are free to your opinion, obviously, but saying, "IMO" does not mean that other people can't argue against it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:13:03 PM PST
YIGT says:
****SPOILERS******

Apparently Luke decides to give himself up to the ghost side of the force around 120ABY he felt he could serve the force better that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:10:17 PM PST
YIGT says:
At this point there are so many of the books it is kinda blah. I made myself read the big one that a certain hairy persons death in it. It wasnt to bad some better than others. The swarm wars trilogy was kinda good after that. Then i havent read much after that. The new stuff with Darth Cadeaus i read on Wookieepedia. I read about half of the first book at the store then didnt care for it.

The old republic books with darth bane were pretty decent though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:09:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 12:20:11 PM PST
It doesnt have to ...see that 'imo'? Gives me carte blanche to say exactly whats on my mind, without worrying about making sense. No, I have absolutely no idea how much content is created every year, is that a requirement before joining this discussion? My point is, we're arguing from two totally different positions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:39:07 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I approve of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:37:59 AM PST
I read Wookieepedia sometimes. This allows me to absorb SW content without having to read crappy books.

For the record, I believe that SW is pulp of a level best served by the medium of comics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:34:20 AM PST
I would be cool with that.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:27:42 AM PST
Rev. Otter says:
i could be okay with this, if done right.

the first movie should just have hints, and maybe a brief reveal at the end -- iconic Black Suit, breathing.

second movie continues the conflict and mystery, with Black Suit shown pulling the strings a little more explicitly.

third movie ... the new jedi protagonist(s) finally confront Black Suit, and we get the *real* reveal -- it's Luke in the Vader outfit ... just like Episode V fortold.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:13:00 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Ah, so that's how the emporer came about. I admit, I didn't follow the EU novels too closely, knowing only what I had to for the sake of roleplay when I was a kid, but I loved the Legacy comics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:07:34 AM PST
Or just get Bob Anderson back, he already looks the part.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:05:50 AM PST
I'd go for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:04:39 AM PST
God, yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:04:07 AM PST
No clue. One of the few things outright dictated by Lucas for the books was that Luke could not die. So poor Chewie bought it instead.

In the comics, Cade Skywalker sees Luke's ghost. So he dies sometime before 130 ABY.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:01:16 AM PST
YIGT says:
starring johnny depp as darth vader
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions