Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

War Z developers blame players for their mistakes, increase respawn to 4 hours unless you BUY instant respawns.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 94 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:42:48 AM PST
YIGT says:
I almost got this the other night man im glad i held off. The consept is cool but something told me to stay away. My spidey senses are still working i guess.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:17:40 AM PST
JadedGamer says:
I regret giving this Dev my $30 a few months ago for the Pioneer package. This game is a big bag of fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:12:47 AM PST
K Archer says:
Its also very possible they did have to test the game before releasing it...and the devs gave a test copy that did fit what the description said.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:18:51 AM PST
Yeah, that's kinda lame. Do what many MMO's do and make you immune to death for the first couple of seconds, so that oughta give your PC and the connection enough time to sync up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:17:12 AM PST
Ice King says:
Unless they're willing to pay for the privilege of respawning instantly.

I get what you're saying though, this might be a cool feature for a special mode for people who want a hardcore challenge with real consequences for dying.
But not the default setting for the whole game. And giving the option to pay to bypass this consequence cancels the punishment aspect of it entirely and makes it obvious this was just a cash grab.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:03:43 AM PST
Not when you can get insta-gibbed by spawn campers as soon as you are half loaded into the match.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:01:58 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 20, 2012 6:12:11 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:53:36 AM PST
SMH says:
I don't know anything about this game or situation so I won't comment on the developers and how much they suck, but I actually think the long respawn time is a cool feature. So many games have no consequence for dying. If your consequence is you don't get to play for 4 hours, I guarantee you play with a little more caution, and for me at least it would make my experience that much more satisfying when I kill someone knowing that I just shut them down for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:47:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:49:27 AM PST
1: It's on the developer and publisher to QC a product. Not the store that sells it.
2: Valve/Steam don't have enough people to get into the trenches on every freaking game that comes out. They're a pretty small company.
3: This is kind of an MMO, where one guy "testing" it wouldn't be able to see these kinds of problems (if he could log in at all), so there's really nothing Valve or Steam could have done differently to prevent this situation. They're taking care of their customers now, at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:29:19 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think they do actually. Obviously they don't test every single product, but I'm pretty sure they get samples of them all to at least make sure they live up to some standard of quality.

All Valve would need to do is have a few people play the games before they go live, compare them with what was promised, and report back to them.
This would have made the issues clear to them and they could have kept this mess out of their store.

Although I think they've been great handling it the way they have so as long as they do this it's fine. A QC check would just make things easier for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:11:10 AM PST
This is true, it's just a sort of... comedy of errors. At least Valve is offering a refund :3 Would any other store... no. not for Video Games anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:11:14 PM PST
"The fact that Valve just released it without screening"

Steam is just a store. Do you think Wal-Mart taste-tests every product in their store? Do you think Home Depot has someone test every screwdriver, wrench, or plunger before letting someone put it on a shelf to be sold?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:25:57 PM PST
lol this keeps getting better and better

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:08:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 6:27:39 PM PST
Well, looks like it's time for the savior known as Paul Christoforo to come in and save the day for this company.

Edit: Just to clarify, this post is not serious. It is only to document the level of how some people do not know anything about customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:03:28 PM PST
Ryan says:
Oh you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:02:17 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
M. <3

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:52:46 PM PST
M. says:
I like the fact that these devs arent letting whiney, entitled gamers push them around. Wish more devs were like this.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:34:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:36:08 PM PST
Ryan says:
If it's from the developers of Big Rigs, who wouldn't trust them? :V

Quite sad that some companies (especially from newcomers like these and old timers) moved on from making a complete product to a unfinished product with a focus on micro-transactions. The fact that Valve just released it without screening marks as quite suspicious, although to their credit they're offering refunds for this POS. The fact that developers are threatening (or maybe that already happened to other people) to blacklist people for asking for a refund from them directly is quite as low as you can go. I can't believe I'm saying this again involving a video game company but...I hope these people lose their jobs and never get hired into this industry again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:18:22 PM PST
Dead serious. Sergey Titov worked on Big Rigs:

http://www.giantbomb.com/sergey-titov/72-89646/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 3:34:01 PM PST
Looks like they took the images and modified them a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 3:30:58 PM PST
Can't tell if serious.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:30:54 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Oh my, it would appear that Hammerpoint Games has reached it: The Pinnacle of Douchedom.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 3:29:42 PM PST
There are a few, but this crop of D3 hatters on the D3 forums won't. Some of them actually believe that always online DRM is evil.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 2:41:44 PM PST
"85% of statistics are made up on the spot"

Psssh...77.9% of all people know that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 2:37:20 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
"97% of people will experience death in their lives."

Shamelessly (possibly mis)quoted from Talladega Nights.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Xbox Deals with Gold - Amazing Spiderman, Mass Effect DLC, more 21 18 minutes ago
Blizzard cancels its next-gen MMO Titan after seven years 24 24 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 3632 31 minutes ago
hey jenna you know what would make me feel better? 65 31 minutes ago
dis one time i farted rly loud and scared my cat... den my cat bite me and i bleed onto my favorite pillow 445 36 minutes ago
OT: So how was Gotham? (No spoilers) 34 37 minutes ago
OT: HoneyMoons 53 40 minutes ago
Just finished New Vegas... 61 41 minutes ago
Super Smash Brothers Appreciation Thread 222 45 minutes ago
OT: Week 4 of the NFL Season. The season is slowly taking shape while the packers are a shell of their former selves. WHO YA GOT! 42 54 minutes ago
First Flores says he's not interested in DriveClub. Then he says he'll play the *free* version on PS + and now he's saying he cancelled his preorder. Which is it?!? 18 1 hour ago
PSN Sale: Old AC games $10, AC:BF $20, ex-THQ games like Redfaction for $5, BL1/BL2 $5 and more 14 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions