Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls SL1 playthrough

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 266 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 5, 2013 3:39:06 PM PST
Hmph - I can help you tonight if you still haven't cleared O&S. Let me know and I'll login for some time.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 6:59:20 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
I spent about 3 hours the other night helping people with O&S, then another hour waiting for someone to help me...no dice :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 6:41:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 6:42:23 AM PST
That's the thing, you can't get hit. :) Dodging is better than blocking, but if you can snag a parry that works as well. You can even dodge pyromancy and spells I think. I've been hit with a few pyro attacks while dodging and I get set on fire, but take no damage.

I usually wait for openings and just play safe. If they're incredibly high level then I usually use more pyromancy than standard attacks. Most people take a huge amount of damage from lightning though. If I hit someone with GC they'll usually try to drink estus, at which point I'll do a 2-handed jump attack.

I'll usually die in 1-2 hits if I'm not careful though. Someone in the forest last night was wearing a full set of Arts armor and used a charcoal resin on their strait sword. They eventually got me, but it was a close fight.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 6:15:12 AM PST
Wow. I usually get sub-1k souls. To tell you the truth, I have hardly ever killed anyone high level. How do you fight them? With such low vitality it is only a matter of time before I die to their blows.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 6:10:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 6:11:29 AM PST
To tell you the truth, I haven't been invading many low level characters.

Most of the ones I invade are at least SL50-150

I encountered an SL1 in the forest, one SL1 in the burg, maybe 4-5 <SL10 in the burg. Otherwise I've encountered people wearing smough's armor using his weapon, people using dragon great axes, and tons of people with high end elemental gear.

Whenever you kill someone I think you receive 10% of the required souls for their level correct?

I've killed some people and gotten well over 10k souls. Most of the time it's 3-7k souls on a kill.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 6:06:30 AM PST
Haha...I think you can de-aggro if you absolve sin.

I kinda feel bad when I fight people at low level with low gear but then I feel worse when I fight and lose to high level people :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 6:03:21 AM PST
I only have the following bosses remaining:

Nito
Bed of Chaos
Seath

I have 22 hours into this character already because I can't stop invading everyone. :D It's so much fun. I'll get back to the progression eventually.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 6:02:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 6:03:30 AM PST
So, semi-funny story:

I was trying to help a friend of mine do O&S at SL1. I told him to open TeamViewer so I could forward his ports since we were having issues in co-op. When he used alt-tab, he swung and clocked Solaire in the face with his +3 lightning club. I connected, and when he alt-tabbed back I got to watch a streaming slide-show of him trying to run from a very angry Solaire. He kept trying to de-aggro him, but he did too much damage on that first hit. Does cleansing yourself of sin de-aggro the NPCs? He regretfully killed him, but I couldn't stop laughing while the whole thing happened.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 5:59:29 AM PST
Capt where are you in terms of game progression?

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 5:05:49 AM PST
I encountered my first Dark Souls hacker invading in Anor Londo as well. The guy had Ornstein's spear and I blocked when he tried to stab me, but it cast a curse cloud and instantly cursed me. I died, then spawned back at the bonfire with half HP and a curse.

I know there aren't any PvP items that can curse other players. I hope this doesn't happen often.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 5:03:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 5:03:35 AM PST
I've been helping a friend of mine with bosses on my SL1 lately, then spending all the souls on items I get bored farming like grass blossoms, homeward bones, etc.

I think I'm going to buy 99 cracked red eye orbs so I can join other covenants and still invade.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 1:01:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013 1:01:16 PM PST
Watcher says:
I say, hands down, the easiest boss is Pinwheel. He never even got a hit on me!

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 9:22:15 AM PST
Stud Lee© says:
Yep, I just never paid enough attention to my 2nd slot. I loaded up Combustion to go with Fireball last night and decided to help out a bunch of newbies with Taurus and Capra. Everyone knows lightning destroys Taurus, but my +4 Fire Mace does a great job as well :)

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 6:47:16 AM PST
rhu says:
Capra-rage stopped me from making any progress last night. I'm not sure if I hate that fight or 4K more.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:25:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 11:25:29 PM PST
Watcher says:
I have quite a few attunement slots but so far I haven't used any pyromancy or magic. I love the melee with weapons. I just defeated Ornstein and Smough as well as Pinwheel so I now have 20 Estus Flasks and I'm able to Warp to bonfires. It's on like Donkey Kong now!

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 3:15:33 PM PST
This is great. So many people thinking about/playing SL1 :D
I am in 2 minds now. One part of me wants to finish BoC and then kill Gwyn but the other part of me wants to keep this character so that I can keep invading people.

That's so funny Hmph! A pyromancer has 2 slots and you've been using one...LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 1:21:24 PM PST
No worries. I probably took it the wrong way to begin with and I apologize.

I blame the meds. I started back on prednisone yesterday and the stuff makes me... irritable to say the least...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 1:15:41 PM PST
prafaces says:
Absolutely it's something to be proud of. I was bursting with pride the first time I beat the game, and I was like sl 100 or something (took me forever). Dark Souls at sl 1 is absolutel badassery. Sorry if I came off otherwise.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:11:51 PM PST
Stud Lee© says:
I'll never beat Gwyn at SL1, so I better keep Solaire alive!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 1:09:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 1:09:43 PM PST
And my last two builds were pure parry builds, so anything humanoid (skeletons, darkwraith, black knights, etc) are a cake walk. I find the bosses to be much harder than clearing the level. Once you know attack patterns, spawns, and can draw every map by memory, the game becomes very easy to clear a level in NG. I just felt like you came in with the attitude of "Hah, NG SL1 runs are for wimps" and I didn't really care for it. I'm not trying to make the game bonecrushingly hard by going after NG+7 O&S naked with only my fists. That's not the point of the run.

Regardless of how a player clears an SL1 run, be it using shortcuts or fully clearing a level, it's still an achievement that the player can be proud of in the end.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:08:55 PM PST
prafaces says:
Yes! It's kind of rare, but it's so much fun when you get summoned into some guy's NG+++++ Ornstein and Smough at sl 1 or whatever. It's a real blast. You can get occasional summons at all the Lord Soul areas.
4 Kings are just about impossible in co-op at the high NG's though. They're brutally difficult solo, but unless you're hooked into your phantoms' brainwaves there's just about no way to do them in co-op.
Best place is O & S though. Easy.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:06:43 PM PST
Stud Lee© says:
I'm seeing a dry spell on summon signs. I saw quite a few in The Depths, but it's been lonely other than that. I was able to summon 1 phantom for Quelaag. I don't think I've ever seen a sign at Ceaseless D now that I think about it (at any SL).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 1:03:06 PM PST
I'm doing a summonless playthrough unless it's an NPC, so I don't know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 1:02:08 PM PST
True, but I think I'm only doing a NG clear. I have far too many other games to sink time into down the road. I at least want to get one down.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:00:55 PM PST
Slaychandim says:
is there even people to summon in the farther levels when you still sl1
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  266
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions