Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Molyneux lays a logic bomb on Nintendo's forehead

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 267 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 13, 2014 6:45:53 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 13, 2014 6:46:05 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:23:27 AM PST
I frequent Joystiq throughout the day and they posted an update about Curiosity which I didn't even realize it had been experiencing issues. Just thought I'd pass along the information here since Molyneux is this shining example of innovation in the gaming industry. It's no secret that I care very little for the Fable series so it has been some time since Molyneux had a project I was interested in (wish BC wouldn't have been canned, that looked quite awesome) I am interested in the Wii-U and the impact it will have on the industry so this whole thread is kind of interesting to me.

I just find it funny that multiple sites are talking about all these little innovations the Wii-U has made and how they are already starting to change how we look at games (IGN, Kotaku, Joystiq, and Randy Pitchford) yet Molyneux doesn't see any innovations at all coming from Nintendo. Thought others might see some humor there as well.

I suppose you would know the early signs of obsession though... Should I be concerned?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:45:35 AM PST
As painful as it may be to you, it's the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:41:19 PM PST
I like it. my kind of discussion....lol

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:38:37 PM PST
Pages 7, 8, and 9 of this thread were excellent examples of Soulshine casting troll bait and Keller eating it up.

Class, take notes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:01:04 PM PST
Mallrat says:
Is this post the definition of irony?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:50:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 5:51:07 PM PST
PC has the most exclusives!''

thats actually very true. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:22:22 PM PST
Keji, you're taking this way too seriously. Are you writing this from the bushes outside Moly's window??
Please, don't do anything stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:09:43 PM PST
Being able to play Seiken Densetsu 3 in English is worth breaking a law nobody cares to enforce, I assure you.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:35:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 3:36:55 PM PST
"The last 48 hours have been tough for Peter Molyneux's new outfit, 22 Cans. After launching Curiosity: What's Inside the Cube? earlier this week on iOS and Android, the servers were overloaded by the sheer numbers of players participating. There is also another significant bug that seems to be erasing player coins, which are used for in-game boosts.

The video update above was made by 22 Cans designer Jack Attridge, wherein he tours the office and asks a bunch of employees what they're doing about the problems. The team looks to be working to resolve these issues but, in response to the server overloads, 22 Cans has also opened a PayPal page for donations - you know, in case you really want to know what's inside that cube.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/22-cans-apologizes-for-curiositys-popularity-working-on-fixes/"

Is that what innovation looks like?

Edit: Here's the Youtube link for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQyjRhumDy8&feature=g-hist

Also kind of funny that Molyneux says he doesn't understand the solution to fix his game but he's convinced his team has the problem solved.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:29:49 PM PST
If there was a copyright thing behind it, it couldn't be on the VC then. I bet it's because there is probably because they don't think there is much interest in it and they're in financial dire straights right now. How well have the Final Fantasy remakes sold recently? I've heard it was less than stellar and Final Fantasy is a far bigger name than Secret of Mana.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:21:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 3:23:04 PM PST
I never have, but played Mana, Evermore and Legend of Mana on PSX. I heard the ones for the DS/GBA weren't spectacular. It would be nice to see that series revived, sadly I doubt it ever will here in the states.

I find it extremely odd that Nintendo/Square never remade it, except I guess there is an iphone version somewhere out there, but that doesn't count, neither does the VC version. I think there must be some copyright problems behind it and if not that then it's just Square-enix being poo-poo heads.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:18:48 PM PST
Are Broadly Landers and Myles Daye the same person? They both seem really butthurt over the Wii U and Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:40:40 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Thanks man, you won't regret this! *Gets out of there as fast legs would carry me*.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:35:09 PM PST
G-Money says:
Subway, not too exciting. A good milkshake sounds perfect for right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:31:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 2:31:31 PM PST
Local place called Sunny Grill. They make the best shakes, and also have good gyros, salads, and burritos.

What did you have for lunch? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:30:29 PM PST
I think it's just the thread title, not the actual article title, but I love it too, just because it's so complete incongruous with the content, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:30:12 PM PST
G-Money says:
from where.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:28:45 PM PST
Hmph. Just this once. NEXT TIME WON'T BE SO PRETTY.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:26:36 PM PST
lol everytime i see the title of this article i laugh. Its just funny

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:26:29 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
I really like living and I really like freedom, simple. So since I explained that all nice like, can go now? Pretty please with sugar on top? I promise I won't tell anyone!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:22:15 PM PST
Then I don't know what's wrong with you! How could you not want EITHER of those?!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:21:20 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
And what if I want neither one of those choices?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:20:56 PM PST
I just had a chocolate shake.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:20:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 2:21:10 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Xenoblade Chronicles is the best Japanese style role playing game of the entire generation (maybe even last two generations), found exclusive on the Wii. You know the console that has great exclusives in 2012 unlike the ps3. :)

XenoBlade Chronicles
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions