Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I thought Wii U was a new system.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 79 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 8:16:03 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I watched some gameplay videos on YouTube.

It looks like X Box 360 graphics. What up?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:17:21 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Shush!
720p is a brand new world for Nintendo fans.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:20:15 PM PST
KrisCo says:
GREYFIX makes the games DUH!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:20:41 PM PST
Krypto K says:
How's that rock you've been living under?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:22:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 8:22:37 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Everyone knew it was basically around the level as PS3/360, but you buy it for the exclusives and the game pad. Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 were enough to sell me on a launch unit. They're not out until next year, but I'm impatient and I like new consoles. :P

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:23:59 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:24:58 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Woo U?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:28:42 PM PST
Well considering most systems improve rather drastically over the course of their life the Wii-U is only going to improve from here, especially as we see more software built with the Wii-U in mind instead of games being ported over to test the waters.

The 360 started here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR4RYokFHTw

And ended up here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvidpUYXNw

Oh and of course graphics = fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:00:49 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:02:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:03:59 PM PST
so much like the Xbox 360 we only have to wait nearly 7 years for the WiiU to get graphics the PS3 has been dishing out since 2008 or 4 1/2 yrs ago today?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:10:14 PM PST
How is Skyrim and Black Ops 2 holding up on the PS3?

I'll give you a hint... Not very well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:15:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:15:49 PM PST
Skryim...never played it. I also have an Xbox 360 and a PC that can handle it on medium settings.

Black Ops 2? Just fine for me as this is not a glitch that effects everyone but a select few. you know how some games do that on other platforms.

But back to the topic...its funny how you deflect your own argument...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:34:42 PM PST
Ah you don't play the game therefore it doesn't matter.

You tried to turn my point about graphics improving over time into praise for the PS3 when the PS3 struggles to play games which run just fine on the 360 so all that graphical power does what for the PS3? Not much when it can't handle something like Skyrim to the point where the platform isn't even getting DLC.

Check out this looker of a PS3 launch title though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0C-MrbZEdY&feature=related

But wait 2008 was apparently a great year for the PS3 yet it struggled to keep up with the 360 with Fallout 3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/exclusive_fallout-3_ps3360-comparison-video

Look at those jaggies!

There's nothing saying it will take the Wii-U seven and a half years to get up to what the PS3 has been doing (or struggling to do), I was just using those two games as an example of how much things can improve graphically over a console's life span.

Again though graphics are what make games fun so why am I even posting? It isn't like the PS3 and 360 were crushed in terms of sales by the Wii and that the two highest rated exclusives of this generation were Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 right? Right? Oh wait that is what happened.

Whining about graphics on a launch title, what will they think of next?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:38:21 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I don't get you.

Even the worst of the 360 launch titles were quite an improvement over the previous generations systems.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:38:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:46:26 PM PST
Fallout was published by who? Try looking at MGS4. ...Nuff said. No game on any console looks better than UC3 or KZ3. The PS3 isn't struggling. It's more like cr_ppy devs.

No graphics aren't everything, but I was just pointing out that the PS3 has been doing awesome looking games since 2008. With the WiiU actually being a 7.5 gen in terms if specs. It should at least look on par if not better than the average game on the PS360. Which we can both say it has not.

Yes, I also have a WiiU

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:03:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:04:35 PM PST
JinTX says:
I haven't owned a nintendo console since the Gamecube. That motion controlled crap on the Wii never interested me in the slightest. I tried to play Zelda on it at a friend's house, once, and never looked back. The WiiU seems to be more of the same nonsense. I don't want or need a touch-screen to play console games. The (360 clone) controller is a step in the right direction, but people saying it doesn't even work with the new SMB disturbs me. Then there's the price. The system itself is WAY too over priced, even for a 'new launch' system.

Then there's the issue of a freaking 5gb day one firmware update. If they have to re-write the entire dang firmware, what was the point of launching an incomplete version of the console? Seems awfully fishy to me.

If they fix the issue with the controller though and make it 100% compatible with ALL WiiU games, and if the price comes down to around $200 for deluxe version or whatever it is, then I might give Nintendo a chance to earn a customer back. I grew up on the N, but the Wii absolutely killed it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:20:08 PM PST
Those are good enough. The Wii U is as good as the Wii should have been. It's good enough now. Another 6 years of this would be fine for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:21:23 PM PST
Does that PS3 play Super Paper Mario or Mario Galaxy 2? If the answer is no, it isn't a fair comparison.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:54:30 PM PST
And the Wii-U launch titles look significantly better than anything that was done on the Wii.

Your point?

@ Naughty Doug

Ah so we're going to use a game developed by Ubisoft to judge the merits of the Wii-U and what it is graphically capable of while using first party developers who solely work with Sony hardware to judge what that system is capable of.

Nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:11:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 12:11:32 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Yeah, if you only consider the Wii I guess its impressive...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:22:14 AM PST
Ouch

Dougie just got a serious thrashing from Keji.
Who's your daddy Doug?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:34:07 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Well, developers haven't tapped into the full potential of the Wii U yet. The launch titles released by the developers were rushed but once developers start developing games using the Wii U's full potential, we will see much better looking games. I'm happy with my Wii U so far but I know it will get much better later down the line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:35:20 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Resistance was a launch game and it utterly destroyed any game on any of the generation before's systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:39:42 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
There are always exceptions. We have to give the developers time to reach the full potential of the Wii U. We know that the Wii U isn't a great jump over the PS3/360 but I guarantee we will start seeing great looking games down the line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:43:12 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Resistance was a LAUNCH title for the PS3.

I'm comparing it to LAUNCH titles for the Wii U. Totally valid.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions