Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PS3 controller won't charge... Any way to fix this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 11:52:47 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Hey guys, been awhile since I posted on here. Anyway, I have a total of 4 dualshock controllers, 3 of which I got in 08/09. The ironic thing is, the most recent controller I bought(this year) doesn't charge when I connect it to the cable.

It's not the PS3, because it still doesn't charge when plugged into other devices. And it's not the cable, because all the other controllers charge just fine. So what's going on here? Anyone else have similar problems?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:08:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 12:09:11 AM PDT
You can send it in to Sony.

You could try to fix it yourself. You only need to undo five screws to open a DualShock 3. However, that will void your warranty and you have to be meticilous about putting it back together or else the casing won't close.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:13:49 AM PDT
TimesTicking says:
It's possible that you got a fake PS3 controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 12:21:10 AM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Oh it's been too long since I purchased it to have any warranty. If it doesn't work I might as well just get a new one during Black Friday. I prefer to not open up and mess around with my electronics, but thanks for the suggestion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 12:22:06 AM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Well the texture is a bit different from the older dualshock models, but I bought it from the official page on Amazon. This is when having an Xbox controller would come in handy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 1:29:06 AM PDT
Pick 34 says:
Sounds like a dead battery. You can do what Jason suggested and open it and swap out the battery with one from RadioShack. It's easy, there are some YouTube vids that explain it.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 7:01:19 AM PDT
hwcbn says:
I bought one from a seller on ebay i think, who described it as official but when I opened it up it to fix it, it was different inside. The white sony logo is a little bit brighter than the official ones but other than that it looked exactly the same outside.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions