Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

UFC 155-Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2. Who you got!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 7:15:47 PM PST
Can't wait for this fight on Saturday. I'm a huge fan of dos santos, and think he will win this rematch.
I was also excited for Forrest Griffen vs Phil Davis but Forrest got injured.
Who you got?

Heavyweight Junior dos Santos vs.Cain Velasquez
Me-dos santos
Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller
Me-joe lauzon
Middleweight Tim Boetschvs.Costa Philippou
Me-Tom Boetchvs
Middleweight Yushin Okamivs. Alan Belcher
Me-yushin Okami
Middleweight Chris Lebenvs.Derek Brunson
Me-Chris leben

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:17:30 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I've got the sweaty one.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:20:33 PM PST
I agree with all you picks except for Okami and I would only pick leben over brunson cause I have never seen Brunson fight before

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 3:04:37 AM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Same picks as you except I am unsure about Lauzon v Miller. I need to think on that one a bit more. I kind of want to say Belcher over Okami, but I will be rooting Okami on and that is probably clouding my judgement. Hopefully this is the fight where Okami comes back though.

Dos Santos will destroy PillowFists. And I love Velasquez. But he is going down hard.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 7:31:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 7:34:42 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Well this is certainly a disappointing start to the main card. Both fighters gassed at the beginning of the second round? C'mon son.

I'm very jealous of a friend of mine too. His wife bought him tickets to the event and they drove to Vegas for it. So he is there now while I am stuck at work in the Arctic Circle watching it on AFN.

Edit: And it looks like Leben will lose this one. Too many points scored from Brunson's takedowns. Chris clearly needed a paycheck.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 8:17:26 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Awww, this sucks. My main place I go to discuss MMA (GAF) is not an option for me at work; I can view the forums but upon trying to log in, it gets blocked for being under the category "newsgroups/forums."
Since activity or interest is low here, I tried to go to Sherdog. I remembered that I set up an account a couple years ago with them. I was reading along with people watching the last fight (man threads move fast there!) and then tried to log in.
Blocked for "newsgroups/forums."

Anyway, I was pretty satisfied with the last fight. Normally I hate LnP fighters but Okami seemed so awkward in his style of doing it, he almost seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. And I found that kind of interesting. He really did do a good job of smother Alan and not allowing him to breathe. Plus Belcher's performance was abysmal.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:51:52 PM PST
You could try this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--ufc-155-live-chat-and-analysis-005624293.html

Might not do a whole lot, but you should be able to access this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:59:19 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked it out and going off of the comments there, I am fine not taking part. A lot of people that don't know much about or even like MMA it seems.
I'll be fine I suppose. The card is actually getting good now. Watching the obvious choice for Fight of the Night right now, a pretty bloody one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 9:04:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 9:06:30 PM PST
Yeah, Yahoo is pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) as far as people posting and having an intelligent conversation.

Can you see the results of the matches?

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 9:11:37 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Oh, I'm watching it live. Any big boxing match or UFC event is free on Armed Forces Network.
No one here at work cares about MMA though and I like to follow the NeoGAF MMA threads in real-time. I'll be back in the states for whatever cards happen in Feb though, so I can sit down with a buddy and watch then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 9:17:39 PM PST
Oh, that's cool.

The last time that I actually was really interested in MMA was the first Dos Santos and Velasquez match. So I do have some interest in the match tonight.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 10:53:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 10:55:45 PM PST
Real217 says:
I've always considered Cain Velasquez to be underrated, just like when he faced off with Brock. That being said i think the future of MMA is Jon Jones.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 12:06:19 AM PST
EYEL1NER says:
I've always liked Cain and liked watching him fight, but it seemed to me ever since the Big Ben Rothwell fight that he didn't have much power in his fists. Junior's face didn't look to good after the fight last night, but Cain threw quite a bit of punches. Whether they were strong or not, that many would mess anyone's mug up. He's an amazing fighter but he has always seemed like a weaker heavyweight to me. His cardio is god-tier though.

I look forward to seeing JDS and Cain's next fights. I am assuming it will be Werdum and Ubereem respectively, but who knows this soon? Cormier is in the mix, but he is also talking about dropping down to LHW. Dana wants to put him against one of the two champs, so he could be fighting Jones.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 5:45:03 AM PST
1/5 on your picks.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 5:59:09 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
I sure didn't pick 'em well for this event.
But then again, who could have predicted that night? The only really good fight on the card was J-Lau v Miller.

Oh well, maybe I'll have better picks for Belfort v Bisping. Not sure who I want to root for in that one though, because I love both Belfort and Bisping.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions