Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

STOP IT!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 98 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2013 7:45:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 7:45:44 AM PST
All of you praising Tomb Raider. STAAAAAHHHPPPP!

I want to buy it but I have such a back log of games that it doesn't make sense to buy it now but I WAAAAAANT TO and all of you on here praising it are wearing me down.

I'm trying to slush through Sonic Unleashed and all I read on here is Sony sucks and Tomb Raider is the best game in the world.

I can't take it...

I'm sooooo weak....

Edit... sonic UNLEASHED

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 7:46:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 7:46:51 AM PST
I feel your pain, haha! I'm fighting the urge to buy Tomb Raider as well.

By the way, if Sonic Unleashed has you just trying to "slush" your way through it, just stop playing. I find that if a game isn't fun, or it feels like a slog or a chore, it's better to just let it go. ;)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:46:48 AM PST
Kruger says:
Think of it this way,... by the end of this year, Tomb Raider will be $15 to $20 on Steam. And $30 on consoles.

So, you can burn through your back log and pick up Tomb Raider at the end of 2013.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:47:02 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Another Tomb Raider thread!!

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:48:30 AM PST
Lol peer pressure levels are over 9000

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:49:38 AM PST
KrisCo says:
I know how you feel, I'm resisting buying it now as well. Even though I already got the controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 7:50:35 AM PST
JWK says:
Why the HELL would you play Sonic Unleashed when you could be playing Tomb Raider? Check that, why would you play Sonic Unleashed for any reason at all??

Screw your backlog. Play Tomb Raider.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:51:03 AM PST
The last game I ran out and got due to VGF peer pressure was Vanquish. I'm not falling for that trick again.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:51:18 AM PST
If I payed for a game I make every attempt to clear it regardless how bad it is. Very few can I not stomach through.

I LIKE Sonic Unleashed it's just that the controls are poop which makes it very frustrating. I played Generations and I absolutely loved it so I figured I'd try the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 7:52:57 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
I'm in the same boat. This game wasn't even on my radar until sites started reviewing it and the VGF started praising it. Now I want it bad. This along with Far Cry 3 which is another game that I had no interest in.

Alas, I must burn through some of my backlog before I purchase either. With my track record I know I'll buy it and sit on it for 6 months before I play it. May as well wait and then get it at a lower price point.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 7:53:25 AM PST
Pretty much same thing here.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:57:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 7:57:30 AM PST
I was thinking of buying this for my lady friend to play on 360....But I may just buy it on steam and play it myself on PC, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 7:57:49 AM PST
Zak Iarih says:
It's Ni No Kuni all over again

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:58:39 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I heard Tomb Raider sucks.
Just kidding! Everyone friggin loves it.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:00:31 AM PST
The VGF hyped Sleeping Dogs and FC3 and I loved both games which wouldnt have been purchases otherwise

I'm also going to have to say Tomb Raider is excellent, sorry but its gonna be better than 90% of the stuff in your backlog you should def pick it up, If your not a completionist it should be a pretty quick playthrough, than you can get back to work on your backlog.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:00:56 AM PST
GMG - $36.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:01:37 AM PST
Hah! I have to agree with the OP, the peer pressure is maddening!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:02:05 AM PST
FOGE says:
haha this is me. Im going on vacation next week so I have no reason to buy it now. When I get back Im going to struggle. Ill probably jump on it with the first price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:05:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 8:06:08 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
I think since I already expected this game to be fantastic, that the VGF peer pressure hasn't had as great an effect as it sometimes does. I'll keep waiting on dat price drop. Besides, Bioshock Infinite comes out in 18 days. OMG! You should feel pressured to buy it!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:06:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 8:07:57 AM PST
JWK says:
I think it's just those of us who haven't bought Far Cry 3 yet returning the favor! :P

And wouldn't ya know it... Far Cry 3 is $40 at Gamestop right now. That will be tough to resist, even though I'm buried in TR, GoW:A, and Bioshock Infinite for the rest of the month.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:16:38 AM PST
FOGE says:
Far Cry 3 is pretty awesome. I need to beat that before I buy this game.

Sounds like you could pass on GOW:A for the time being.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:48:12 AM PST
PCGamer bashed TR giving it a 75/100 and stating the execution was poor with no difficulty and little reward.

I feel like they played a different game.

PCGamer's reviews really suck lately anyway.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:51:54 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:55:32 AM PST
It was better than God of War.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 8:58:18 AM PST
LMFAO. You can't be serious.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Sony FINALLY Issues Statement as PSN Experiences Ongoing Outages 13 53 seconds ago
Worldwide Weekly Hardware Chart 13th December 2014. PS4 Passes 17 Million, Xbox One Fire-Sale Bomba 10 1 minute ago
PSN status is back online, according to the Playstation website 45 1 minute ago
Chivalry Saturday. 8PM EST 4 2 minutes ago
Microsoft has weaker security than Sony 96 12 minutes ago
PSN is STILL down, while Xbox Live has been up and running for a while now. 18 13 minutes ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 6844 17 minutes ago
OT: Fly, you fools! 8 34 minutes ago
Xbox Live holiday sale + Deals with Gold; SSX "free" Games with Gold title 119 38 minutes ago
November 2014 Worldwide Hardware Sales - PS4 2.6M, Xbox One 2.3M. More Microsoft Embarrassment After Console And Game Giveaway 27 38 minutes ago
OT: Thinking about buying a Harley... any suggestions? 17 1 hour ago
Hackers Explain Why They Supposedly Took Down PSN and Xbox Live 0 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions