Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Dumb Criminals

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2013 6:17:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:18:15 AM PST
Lucanus says:
http://alturl.com/g54xy

I thought this story was great. Basically a waitress had her ID stolen. Somebody was issuing checks in her name. A women comes into Applebees and the waitress asks for an ID, the women hands the waitress her ID (the one she stole from her previously), aka the women gives the waitress her stolen ID back. Smart move. I give the waitress credit, when she got her stolen ID back from the criminal she said nothing, actually handed it back. Got her a drink and called the cops. Well played.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:20:49 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
haha, saw this yesterday. you forgot to mention that the person using the stolen ID was actually 26.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:21:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:21:38 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I saw that story too. My favorite part is that the woman with the fake I.D. was 26.

Edit: Ninja'd by that much

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:22:46 AM PST
My only regret with this is that the waitress didn't make a youtube video of the woman when the police came in to arrest her ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:23:42 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hello!!! Sandy BIGGALOW ... Paterson :D

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:24:19 AM PST
FOGE says:
Dumb Victims.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:26:17 AM PST
Lucanus says:
LOL, that would have been awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 7:09:23 AM PST
That would be been amazing.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:06:19 AM PST
WesCyde says:
This is not any worse than a guy that robbed a bank and the note he gave to the teller was on the back of a piece of mail like a bill or something with his home address. Did not take long to get caught

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 10:43:34 AM PST
dwood78 says:
We'll be seeing this on TruTv's World's Dumbest Criminals.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:01:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
The perfect crime! Use someone else's mail for the note! Brilliant!

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 11:07:10 AM PST
What do I not understand about the 26 year old part? I've read the article and I can't figure out why that's icing on the cake or whatever.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:10:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 11:12:58 AM PST
yeah, I don't get that either. At first I thought it might be an age descrepency thing... but I'm just not seeing the dumb part. I guess the fact that she was old enough that she didn't need a fake id and could have given her real one? But she'd still need the id when she wrote the fake check, so it wasn't stupid of her to give the id that she was going touse to pay the bill.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:10:39 AM PST
Pretty sad when you get owned by a waitress. Thanks for the cliffs too!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:23:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 11:24:53 AM PST
Most places don't check ID when using credit cards. So she could have shown her real ID for the drinks instead of using the victim's ID with her freaking picture on it.
At least with the credit card, it would have been a name on plastic with other cards and may not have registered with the waitress. Maybe.
If she was running four different cards for four different checks, her own may not have stood out as much as seeing her own face on a driver's license.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:26:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 11:26:27 AM PST
Wouldn't it be a better plan to show a fake id in a situation like this though? If you're performing illegal actions, why even give your real name ever?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:32:51 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
thats great. i saw something awhile back of a guy robbing a store he just submitted an application for work for earlier in the day. pretty easy for them to find him.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:33:48 AM PST
WesCyde says:
I agree but in this case he actually was the guy

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 12:26:31 PM PST
FOGE says:
Or was he ???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 12:27:15 PM PST
This is a conspiracy waiting to happen. TO THE PRESSES, EVERYONE.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 12:40:10 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I remember an episode of Cops back in the day where a crackhead went to the cops because someone sold her fake crack and she wanted her money back.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 12:50:01 PM PST
YIGT says:
This happens more often than you might think. A good friend of mine was a cop and is now a federal probations officer. He told me of this one time where a guy came up to him and his partner in an unmarked car but in full uniform and tried to sell them weed. So they got some then arrested him. Was the easiest bust ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 12:55:25 PM PST
pyroguy says:
I remember watching a TV show like that as a kid called "America's Dumbest Criminals"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:12:43 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Hahaha, that's ridiculous. Stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 43 1 minute ago
PS NEO is still a PS4 54 1 minute ago
Why do people complain about open world games but continue to hype and play them? 16 2 minutes ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 67 4 minutes ago
nintnedo is irrelevant 17 8 minutes ago
Battlefield 1 short new teaser and tons of new info. 17 10 minutes ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 333 10 minutes ago
Anybody Else Dislike The New Amazon Video Game Pages? 14 12 minutes ago
On the Kinsey scale of 1(lowest) to 6(highest), how Gay are you? 11 19 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 3864 20 minutes ago
Gamestop offering 50% extra trade in credit this weekend on games and accessories 5 23 minutes ago
Snowflake's (D. Snow) Necrobumping 80 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions