Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Has anybody played Farming Simulator 2013?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 10:16:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 10:17:14 AM PST
So I noticed it was one of the flash sales on Steam. I took a look at the product page, and it made me very curious whether anybody, anywhere had ever played this game.

I'm honestly having a difficult time imagining the intended audience. I mean, intellectually, I get that there's an audience for _anything_ if you look hard enough, but I just cannot for the life of me envision the kind of person that would have fun with this game. I guess ultimately it's the same kind of person who likes Civ--and I like Civ--, but the whole "realistic modern farming" schtick just seems to kill any of the joy of micromanagement to me.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:17:18 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Anyone with a facebook account?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:19:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 10:22:06 AM PST
Ice King says:
Isn't this the game with no goal, no stress, just growing crops and managing a farm?
I wouldn't be against playing something like that as long as it didn't have microtransactions.
I actually like time management games. It just sucks that so many of them are ruined by in-app purchases that make you pay for every stupid item you need to proceed.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:20:12 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
And no scope corn shots.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:20:19 AM PST
Farmville is completely different, though. It's about farming, but that's where the similarities end--it's a simplistic system that appeals through its social aspect, as well as being presented in a fashion to hook and then addict people. Ultimately, it gets an audience on a level that's more like WoW than it is like a management/simulation game like this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:21:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 11:33:24 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
This guy has - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw (okay, it's technically Farming Simulator 2011)

I don't get it either. I know that some purchase it ironically, but I also wonder how many out there genuinely enjoy it...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:22:06 AM PST
I have no idea. I know there's financial simulation involved, and if you've got a time-based system, as well, I'd imagine the combination could get stressful, much the same way running an actual farm could.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:23:31 AM PST
1#Fetish says:
execution > concept

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:24:25 AM PST
When the game released it was the #1 seller worldwide for that week. Doesn't do anything for me, but then again I recognize that my tastes don't dictate the world's tastes as a whole and there's nothing wrong with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:09:25 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yay! It lives on! It must be posted every time someone mentions Farming Simulator.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:12:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
This is the greatest video I have seen all year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:25:36 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I still laugh every time I watch it. Putang all day! *holds up eggplant*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:27:34 AM PST
FOGE says:
I saved it under my favorites. The Iranian Nuclear Silos cracks me up. And the "Nitrous"

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:27:44 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I used to love SimFarm which we were required to play in computer class in middle school.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:31:49 AM PST
You guys don't know? It's only a farming simulator until about the 50% mark, then Commies invade the country and your rag-tag band of farmers must defend the Heartland from the pinko menace. At that point it becomes a riveting FPS/sim hybrid in which you must appease enemy troops with food shipments by day and assassinate them at night with combine threshers and cattle prods.

Oh wait. Nevermind. I'm starting to think that I just passed out playing Farm Sim 2012 and dreamt the rest of that. I grew some nice corn, though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions