Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

SCEA wishes success for Nintendo Wii U

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 1:04:58 AM PST
I think Tretton raises a good point. A successful system can be good for the industry and its competitors. The SNES certainly benefitted from the Genesis. A number of fanthings desperately need to learn that competing systems are a good thing.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/12268.html

SCEA boss Jack Tretton has never been a big mud-slinger. And that's one of the reasons the guy is so likable.

During the most recent PlayStation Blogcast (during which they cited the recently announced 70 million PS3s sold stat), Tretton spoke about Nintendo and their new console, the Wii U, which just launched.

He said that "Nintendo has a great heritage in the business" and that a "rising tide lifts all boats" so in short, he really hopes for nothing but the best for the legendary company. He did toss in a minor dig by saying Nintendo "surprised a lot of people with the success of the Wii" but you know, that's perfectly accurate. A lot of individuals, from gamers to journalists to analysts, were pretty shocked at the initial success of Nintendo's last system. It seems unlikely they'll repeat that exact same success with the Wii U but who knows? Bad idea to count out Nintendo.

I wish I could be more excited about my once-favorite video game company. But as often as I try to summon the ol' excitement...I just can't do it. And trust me, I've really tried.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:14:58 AM PST
Smart people who run businesses understand that competition can be a driving force that motivates all to make better products. Fanthings understand hyperbole and grandstanding can be a driving force to gain attention on the Internet. One of these two makes a lot of money by supplying products that people want, the other gets no pay for their grandstanding and are not taken seriously by people with sense.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:48:14 AM PST
mjc0961 says:
"SCEA boss Jack Tretton has never been a big mud-slinger. And that's one of the reasons the guy is so likable."

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Best sarcasm ever.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions