Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim Game of the Year edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:43:13 AM PDT
Chewy5431 says:
I would have waited for the GOTY edition.....

...but then I took an arrow in the knee.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:43:21 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
My thoughts exactly. I didn't care for Oblivion. Loved Fallout 3 and will buy Fallout 4 day one, but Skyrim can wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:49:42 AM PDT
Is a doppledanger better than a doppleganger because it just dangs people instead of being in a gang? Is being danged better than being damned?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 9:52:01 AM PDT
DVvM says:
After getting burned badly by such GotYified titles as "Fallout 3" and "Dragon Age: Origins" I promised myself I would wait for the Skyrim GotY edition. It was really tough at first (when everybody was talking about Skyrim all the time), but now it's pretty easy. Which leads me to conclude that the main thing that gets people to buy video games for $60 new is "Peer Pressure."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:55:08 AM PDT
Unless it's a game that focuses on mp. Then, the sooner you get in on a game, the better because the community is more active. for rpg's, waiting is always going to be better. Esp Bethesda rpg's.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:01:08 AM PDT
You know, I really love steak, but I don't want to eat the best steak ever now in case sometime in the future I can get a cheaper steak.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:02:46 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
I like steak in general, but the last steak I got from this steakhouse tasted like garbage, so I'm a bit hesistant to go there again. A cheaper beef price may entice me.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:03:54 AM PDT
Understandable.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:04:14 AM PDT
Morrowind and Oblivion has them, so will Skyrim.
I bought both Morrowind's and Oblivion's GOTY editions for under $10 each and will do the same here. I already owned the vanilla versions, so I just held out until I found them cheap instead of buying the same game multiple times. At that point, if I'm spending $40-$60, I'd rather support a NEW game.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:09:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 10:10:38 AM PDT
Joel H. says:
So no one is getting borderlands 2 on day one? Because a year from now it'll be cheaper? It's a RPG.. will still have an active community a year from now.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:12:23 AM PDT
Quit making with the crazy talk.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:13:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 10:13:56 AM PDT
I'll be getting it day one, and I don't even plan on doing any online, I just think it's great to support good devs and I loved the first game. I don't think all games are worth $2.50 or whatever Steam charges.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:14:41 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
I'm getting Borderlands 2 day one. Unlike The Elder Scrolls, I loved the previous game in the Borderlands series, and I'm almost positive I'll love this one as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:15:32 AM PDT
You know, I really like steak. But this place just opened and their prices are really high because they're popular. I'll come back after the hype has died down and get the exact same steak for a little cheaper, and I'll get a baked potato and salad for free as a reward for my patience.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:16:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 10:32:00 AM PDT
Borderlands is a different animal. It's multiplayer, so the experience will be functionally different for someone who waits to play it later. Skyrim is exclusively single-player. If you play it now or a year from now it will be exactly the same game.

That's the same reason why you'd be silly to pay full price to play Duke Nukem on release, but you kinda have to get a Call of Duty game early on if you want the full experience. Or you can wait for a LONG time to get a good sale, and just play single player.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:17:08 AM PDT
Joel H. says:
I'll bug ya to jump online if i see you on.. maybe i'll buy a mic and we can share our riches! weeeeee

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:17:38 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, it just comes down to a case-by-case thing depending on the game/series/developer. Waiting on Skyrim, but will buy Fallout 4 on day one for $60 because I expect it's worth it, and I'll greatly enjoy it.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:17:56 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Skyrim was so much better than Oblivion it's not even funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:22:01 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
I am getting BL2 day 1.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:25:10 AM PDT
Anthony says:
I loved morrowind. (actually playing a new game of it right now, the first time on the pc). Oblivion disappointed me greatly. i finished the faction guild quests, but i never bothered actually finishing the Main Quest line. going through the oblivion gates and fight daedra again and again got monotonous real damn fast. I'm hoping that Skyrim actually lives up the hype when i finally get it when the damn GOTY edition comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:28:13 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
" going through the oblivion gates and fight daedra again and again got monotonous real damn fast. "

You could have just beat the one big one and shut all of them down. Or done each individually.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:40:01 AM PDT
I installed a plugin to keep them all open and add a quest to track how many I'd closed. Then I got some speed boots and 100% camo to fly in and close each one without fighting anything I didn't feel like fighting.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 5:01:02 PM PDT
Beat the MQ in Daggerfall and Morrowind and have just about completely finished Skyrim on the PS3 before moving over to PC. Just couldn't force myself to go all the way in Oblivion, but I'm gonna go back to it one of these days. Just as soon as I can find a mod to completely turn off all of the autoleveled enemies. And make the environment interesting. Oh, and give me back the chance of finding some good gear instead of some random crap and 4 gold. Ok, I'll face the facts, I want Oblivion the way it was supposed to be, not some game that is as unique as homogenized yogurt.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:21:25 PM PDT
Anthony says:
i actually just started a new playthrough of Morrowind (my favorite of the series). its my first time playing it on the pc. my other three or four times playing it were on the Xbox version. downloaded a few mods to make things interesting. like a "join all houses" mod. does anyone else think that when they released Tribunal they should have at least made House Indoril a joinable faction? especially considering your supposed to be the re-incarnation of the founder of their house. i'm also thinking about starting up a game of Arena or Daggerfall.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:03:00 PM PDT
Peter says:
I started Oblivion right after it came out, got pretty far along, got bored of wandering around actual Oblivion and stopped playing. Went back a month before Skyrim came out and finished it really quick. Being able to cast various invisibility spells pretty much at will made beating the game laughably easy actually. Anyways, it was nowhere near as epic as Morrowind, but it was nice to finally finish it after 5 or so years, lol.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions