Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Dane Cook's show canceled before it aired

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 89 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:42:51 AM PST
Don't kill me dead...but I actually like Dane Cook and his stand up...I even liked his movies Good Luck Chuck and Employee of the Month.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:31:27 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
That one wasn't so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:39:12 AM PST
Anthony says:
Kill it with Fire!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:55:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 11:55:49 AM PST
I never saw that movie.

I have also not seen "Detention" or "Waiting."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:49:32 AM PST
Nicos says:
Well what are you "Waiting" for!?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh god please kill me

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:01:21 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Dane Cook did have one big I found funny. Something about a couple he saw arguing while in the grocery store.

I guess it wasn't that great, since I don't remember it that well.

Sea of shit is a pretty good way to sum up his stuff. I wonder how many of his fans stay fans once they get past college age.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:02:46 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
He was actually fine in that, but the part didn't really require him to be funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:07:16 AM PST
The one bit of his that I actually laughed pretty hard over was he was talking about when he was a little kid he'd get up early on the weekend to watch cartoons and how his dad would always comes sit in the his chair and watch with him in his bathrobe. Well one day his dad had to keep up to get something and did one of those lift your legs up to rock back so you can sort of swing yourself up and out of your chair... and he wasn't wearing anything under the robe. They both awkwardly locked eyes as his father realized he just flashed his son and then out of the awkwardness his dad goes "One day son all of that will be yours." Then just walks out of the room to see what his mother wanted and they never spoke of it again.

To this day I find that to be pretty funny and I think he did it entirely by accident while trying to tell the audience about his emotional scars or something.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:08:21 AM PST
I also find it funny that I all Dane Cook an idiot and the post is deleted yet I say his work is related to shit and whatever good he does is swimming in a sea of shit and that post is totally untouched.

Geez Amazon should I start practicing ear muffs whenever someone wants to use a no no word?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:36:21 AM PST
"If you want to solve a real mystery, go ahead and figure out who's taking my New York Times every Sunday. Or, better yet, how about why anybody on the planet actually thinks Dane Cook is funny!" - Dr. Cox

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:35:42 AM PST
J. says:
ISIS Comptroller Cyril Figgis: Am I going to learn karate?

Sterling Archer: The Dane Cook of martial arts? No.

I know it's cool to hate Dane Cook, but he does have his funny moments. You CAN like Dane and Louis CK at the same time.

(because they tell the same jokes)

Zing!

I've seen both of them live, and I didn't really note any similarities in their work.

I've heard the "Dane steals jokes" line a hundred times, but not once have I heard someone cite what was actually stolen.

Not that plagiarism is acceptable, but I have to believe that everyone in the business dips into someone else's material at one time to find new inspiration.

He is far from the best comedian of all time, but he certainly isn't as bad as some here portray him.

Go listen to some Emo Philips, or Bill Engvall. You'll be begging for some Cook.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:39:46 AM PST
I dislike Dane Cook's standup, but a couple of his movie roles were pretty funny. He didn't have a major role in Waiting, but his role was still acceptably humorous and the movie itself was pretty funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:44:32 AM PST
J. says:
Agree about Waiting.

That movie would have succeeded without him, but played his role well.

If he is anything like the characters he portrays, I would probably hate the guy. But he is great at playing a di**.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:05:12 AM PST
pasteyswazey says:
Jim Breuer doesn't like Dane Cook. I'm sure Jim Breuer is a good person, but on television he is really terrible. Did he ever do more than the goat thing he had on SNL. I always thought he was the complete, utter and complete, opposite of funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:39:51 AM PST
Mel says:
YES YES YES

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:46:47 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Here's how I imagine that interview went:

Jim Breuer: Dane Cook gesticulates wildly and only dudebros like him. He's rubberfaced and his comedy is lazy. And he yells a lot, even and especially when his jokes aren't really funny.

Interviewer: Um... have you ever seen yourself perform?

Jim Breuer: No. I'm always to HIGH ON WEED and my eyelids are too droopy FROM ALL THE WEED to see anything ON WEED. Right guys? Remember when I was in Half Baked? *goatboy noise*

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:49:19 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
If Dane Cook is regarded in the "comedy circle" as an idiot, and seems to be at the brunt of many a joke himself, for whatever various reasons, (rich jerk younger brother in Step Brothers likes him), that means I should also not laugh at him then - right?

The few stand ups of his are pretty damn funny. They make me laugh. End of story. It seems popular to not like Dane Cook. He is funny in "Waiting". "Waiting" is a funny as hell movie, see that shit if you have not.

I will admit that at the time I did not know any of his material, but was really into Mitch Hedberg, every time I brought up Hedberg someone would, without fail, say, ohhhh do you like Dane Cook? That would annoy me very much so.

Dane Cook is funny. The hate you guys throw around for him and claims he steals jokes seems a bit more fitting to that monumental d-bag Carlos Mencia. The fact that Comedy Central actually made that guy any money is a freakin marvel to me and a testament to the decline of our society.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:51:35 AM PST
Mel says:
wtf, dane cook made you laugh?

I felt ripped off going to one of his shows and the tickets were free

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:59:31 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
wtf indeed. I don't see the far fetched grasping aspect you insinuate. I've never seen him live, but the standups I've seen are funny.

They guy yelling at his lady about who bought the noodles, the dad with the small towel on getting up from the couch, him taking his dad to where Benson's Animal Farm used to be - those made me laugh.

The guy sneezing in his face and Dane saying God bless you, not bless you, but God Bless You. Only to have the guy respond that he is an atheist, then Dane going on saying he, as an Atheist, probably believes in reincarnation and wants to come back in the next life as a tree. And that he hopes that he comes back as a tree, grows into a big azz mo fo tree, then it gets cut down and turned into paper that the Bible gets printed on.

That stuff is funny.

Its all opinion though man:

South Park is funnier than Family guy to me - you agree?

I like Metalocalypse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken - do you like that stuff?

It's Always Sunny (seasons 1-5) is way funnier than The League has ever been. You agree? - I wouldn't be surprised if some do not.

Jersey Shore is the lamest, most un-funny thing ever conceived on television. Everyone agree with that?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:00:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:00:45 AM PST
now if somebody can get tosh off the air that would be perfect

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:01:25 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
The first two seasons were genuinely funny to me but man oh man is that formula beginning to sour.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:04:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:04:47 AM PST
Mel says:
sp and family guy go back and forth on who is funniest

95%+ funny
Metalocalypse
Always Sunny
South park
Family guy

50% funny
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Robot Chicken

never funny
Dane cook (worse than jersey shore)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Tosh

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:10:37 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I really liked Curb Your Enthusiasm for a while there.

The goal of each episode was extreme awkwardness... It would get weird after watching it a while - but always made me laugh.

South Park vs. Family Guy is a no-brainer to me. South Park is monumentally better than Family Guy because of the writing. South Park has a way better use of character development. Randy Marsh is a perfect example of this. He is the funniest one on the show.

The Mysterion episodes were also hilarious for this. Kenny's secret power is that he cannot die. He is killed right in front of his friends in a thousand ways, but the next day wakes up, laying in his bed.

"Even after getting decapitated in front of you guys, in the morning I'm in my bed, and you guys are like, what's up dude - like nothing happened."

The Shake Weight episode of South Park? The Insheeption episode? Absolutely hilarious.

Family Guy is completely random. It is funny indeed. Stewey and Brian are the funniest. But I think South Park is always out on top.

My favorite Family Guy skit is between Stewey and Brian and they both have walkey talkies and Stewey is lowering a line of electrical wire between the dry wall from the floor above. He keeps commanding Brian to say over when hes finished speaking on the walkey. Super funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:13:23 AM PST
Soulshine says:
"The best part of this news is that Jeffrey Tambor played a supporting character on Next Caller and is now free to devote more time to Arrested Development's new season."

I did like that part.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:18:40 AM PST
Mel says:
My favorite family Guy skit is that kevin bacon is not in footloose
sums up humanity fairly well
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions