Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Why is owning a gun a big deal for you Americans?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 408 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:47:25 PM PST
Emily Sedai says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:48:02 PM PST
JWK says:
Anyway, I think I'm gonna go. I've obviously taken the bait. This thread is trolling and I fell for it. It has... *HAS*... to be a troll because there's no one this disconnected from reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:49:21 PM PST
People are still being shot in Britain.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:56:36 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:03:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:05:46 PM PST
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/antioch-father-fatally-shoot-armed-home-invasion-r/nHcR5/

perfect example of reasons to own a gun for home defense...this guy was lucky to have disarmed the guy...headline could have easily be written as "father and son killed by home invader". I live in this city and although it is not the safest, safer than only 14% of cities in the US, this happened in the upscale safer area in the city

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:08:34 PM PST
Mojie55 says:

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:09:55 PM PST
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/family-see-dad-die-in-horror-188409

I wonder if this man's family is still glad he had his chainsaw.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:16:07 PM PST
aidenraine says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFnM4SYQC8

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:17:45 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
Chainsaws should be banned

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:19:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:21:30 PM PST
Chainsaws are not the friend of trees!!!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:21:20 PM PST
Brad Michael says:
I grew up on a farm in north central Missouri. A neighbor of mine was (and is) fairly poor. He builds fence and works on a farm for a living. He doesn't make a lot of money, and doesn't need much to make himself happy. He hunts year round for food. And that's the honest truth. He hunts deer, turkey, rabbit, and squirrel to feed himself and his family (3 of his 4 kids have grown up and moved out) along with what he grows on the farm and in his garden. If guns were banned, then his way of life would have to change. He'd be forced to change the way he grew up and lived his life because he.. did nothing wrong?

If anything, imo, make the penalty for illegal gun use more severe, and quicker. Don't take 4 years to sentence someone to death/life in prison (which is ridiculous, what a stupid stupid sentence, but w/e that's another troll thread). Let people know that they will be judged harshly and quickly if they improperly use a gun and be done with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:23:06 PM PST
I wonder if your parents still think they should have gotten an abortion...or stuck with bj's...yea...definitely should have stuck with bj's

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:34:58 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Because I can.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:46:56 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
hahaha did you come up with that all by yourself? Well played sir. I have been bested. I'm out.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:55:35 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
because it's our right to protect ourselves from dangerous and foreign people/countries.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:58:08 PM PST
DVvM says:
Also, it's our responsibility to overthrow the government (violently if necessary) if it becomes tyrannical.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:00:32 PM PST
aidenraine says:
sadly, it'd still be a pretty unlikely scenario that us citizens would be able to overthrow the government, given the toys they give to the military, and the restrictions placed on what is legal for citizens to own and purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:02:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:07:40 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:04:06 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, that was the Founders' idea at least, when they codified the 2nd amendment. They were men of imagination, but some of the stuff we've come up with in the meantime would stretch credulity for them.

Still, in the face of real tyranny (which is NOT "the wrong guy got elected") I'm sure enough Americans would resist said tyranny to make it tough to be a tyrant.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:53:29 PM PST
I hope that no one here actually thinks this time has come.

I do know people who are VERY close to thinking this. This is the absolute last thing any rational person should ever want. War is horrible when it's 10,000 miles away. You don't want it in your neighborhood. I ****ing promise that you don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:54:05 PM PST
What about dangerous domestic people?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:11:13 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:22:33 PM PST
Thats the attitude...just let it happen...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:42:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:43:50 PM PST

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:46:08 PM PST
Because everyone else has a gun.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  408
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions