Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Bronco Bama Wins. Flawless Victory.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 246 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:17:11 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
The tears of unfathomable sadness! Yummy! Yummy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:20:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 11:21:03 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Currently I can't think of anyone, as in nobody who I think would be good and stand a chance of winning, because if they don't win it's kind of pointless. I know that's kind of sad but I have lost all faith in the Democrat and Republican parties. Anyone outside of them stands zero chance of winning because the country is not ready for thinking outside the box yet. I think disaster has to strike before people will be willing to do so. Even Ross Perot with all of his rabid followers in 1992 could only muster 19% of the vote. One thing I liked about that election was that it was pretty entertaining and it kind of threw a monkey wrench in the 2 party system for awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:22:51 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Anyone, whether you think they'd get elected or not. I'm mostly just trying to get a picture of who you identify as an ideal candidate (not on vote-garnering grounds).

I don't identify with the Repub or Demo parties either.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:24:07 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Whether you voted for Obama or Romney, I think we can all agree that Fox News's implosion over Obama winning is just plain fun to watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:24:14 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am sensing a pattern: Sudeley and Sha hate Obama but love the PS3 and Sony....Hmmmm. Where's Flores and Dougie when you need them?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:27:34 PM PST
Harmicky says:
I don't watch Fox News or MSNBC. They sensationalize everything, and put a unbalanced spin on everything. I go to CNN, BBC, or Al Jazeera for my news.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:33:00 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Well put it this way, I voted for Gary Johnson. After a lifetime of being conservative and voting mostly Republican, occasionally voting for a Democrat if they weren't whack jobs, I came to the conclusion that I just want the government out of my life as much as possible, and neither party really stands for that. Now if some libertarian comes along with ideas like Gary Johnson, but with some personality and drive to really go out there and push his or her way into the picture, that would excite me.

All the other people outside of politics who have been talked about as being contenders don't impress me much. I would never vote for Donald Trump for example because the only reason he would want to be president is so he can make a reality show out of it. Grandstanding is not needed, new ideas and the fortitude to push them through Congress are.

Another thing I would like to see is someone as president who actually can take criticism and has some accountability for his or her own mistakes. A disturbing trend I've seen that started with Bush and has been taken to the extreme with Obama, is the refusal to do press conferences. I think Obama has had 1 or 2 all year, and probably less than a dozen his entire first term. Instead he just goes on shows like 60 Minutes or talks to NBC, where he knows they won't press him on tough questions. I want to see the president have the screws put to him like Clinton got, and see how he handles it instead of hiding behind cushy one on one interviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:40:45 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Very interesting response, Bear. Our political inclinations align almost completely. I believe(d) that Gary Johnson would have made a better president, and certainly better represented my beliefs, but voted for Romney because I felt he had a better shot at defeating Obama (which of course he did). At the end of the day, I'm a bit embarrassed of how I voted.

I hate this system.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:45:54 PM PST
AndrewA says:
CNN is usually my choice, but you just knew fox news was going to go crazy over this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:49:18 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I'm not too fond of the system myself either because it's too closed off. Since the 2 parties control all the laws, they make it very hard for other parties to even get on ballots. The media also poopoos other parties and tries to marginalize them. I'm in my 40s and tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils. I want to vote for a non evil and see him or her actually win someday.

In my case it didn't matter how I voted anyway because being from New York my vote is thrown out. This state always goes Democrat in the presidential races (last time they didn't was 1984) and I refuse to vote Democrat because it's just spend, spend, spend, with no thought given to all the debt we're amassing. The Republican party has become a joke in the last 20 years and doesn't even stand for much of anything anymore except for being Democrat lite. I might as well just vote for Mickey Mouse for all the good it would do in this state.

By the way, fun fact, New York State is projected to have a $1 billion deficit next year despite being the highest taxed state in the country (counting all types of taxes). We surpassed New Jersey this year to become 50th on the tax friendly state list, hooray! We're winner!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:49:39 PM PST
Harmicky says:
I didn't give it an ounce of thought, actually. I kind of feel like the "oh, Fox News is so silly" joke is pretty played out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:51:43 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Yay, you win!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:52:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 11:55:15 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:55:03 PM PST
Harmicky says:
It is widely speculated that his concession speech was practically impromptu (he didn't write a concession speech beforehand).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:55:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:19:59 AM PST
Awe...I miss ol Governor Moonbeam!!! Uh Oh.,,,I have a skunk in my backyard!!!

The vgf: You have a skunk in your backyard???

Bitter: Yep I have a skunk in my backyard alright*!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:56:18 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Most never think that they are going to lose the election. I am sure Gore and Kerry and even McCain were just as surprised. Studies have also shown that most presidents have sociopathic tendencies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:58:03 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Obama wrote a concession speech.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:58:59 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
did he really that makes sense all he does is practice his speeches

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:01:08 AM PST
Harmicky says:
He did.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:01:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:03:04 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
wow rumor that this may end the republican party a new party conservative party w/e that means

you know what sucks for us republicans in 4 more years clinon and barak two of the best orators ever in the white house are gonna campaign for the dems with rally speeches.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:02:46 AM PST
AndrewA says:
Another fun fact is that Mickey Mouse actually does get some votes for president each election from write in ballots.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:04:37 AM PST
Are you drunk?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:04:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:07:43 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Here's another fun fact 7600 idiots voted Rosanne Barr for president. What was her top campaign issue ? Legalizing marjauana. I wonder how many of those votes came from VGF members ? Sad day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:08:30 AM PST
Harmicky says:
Source?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:08:36 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I guess the communists voted for her. She has said she is a communist and not afraid of telling people that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  246
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions