Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

What is far cry 3: Blood Dragon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2013 10:07:26 PM PST
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/03/06/what-is-far-cry-3-blood-dragon

A logo for "Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon" has been spotted online, indicating that a spinoff could be on the way. The logo was originally spotted by XBLA watchdog lifelower on Twitter and later made its way to the NeoGAF forums. While it hasn't shown up on Xbox.com just yet, the image bears the "Arcade" banner typical of Xbox Live Arcade and could suggest that a downloadable spinoff is set to be released soon.

Far Cry 3 lead writer Jeffrey Yohalem told Joystiq that he's "working on something now that will be surprising, I think, when it's announced," but it's currently unknown whether or not he was referring to Blood Dragon.

So far, Far Cry 3 hasn't received any actual downloadable content or expansions, though its pre-order bonuses were bundled together and PlayStation 3 players got extra co-op missions after launch. Earlier today, a patch added a new difficulty mode and the option to reset Outposts.

We reached out to Ubisoft for comment about Blood Dragon and a spokesperson told us "we have no official comment at this time."

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 10:10:47 PM PST
Scratchy says:
They need to make a prequel of sorts where you play as pre-insane warrior Vaas or a DLC where you get to play as Insane Vaas before Jason gets to the island with his friends.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 2:46:51 AM PST
If it's not Jurassic Park DLC than it can GTFO!

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 4:21:16 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
What no Tiger Blood?

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 4:57:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013 4:57:20 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It's a spin-off that will only be on XBLA.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 7:25:12 AM PST
Holy crap, is this a real possibility? Or just your idea? Because it would be awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 7:27:14 AM PST
Well I bet it isn't a real possibility because of licensing. However I see no reason there couldn't be Dinosaur DLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 7:37:07 AM PST
Yessir. That would be the bomb. A little manipulation of the komodo's, add in some T-Rexs, etc. That would be amazeballs (yes, I'm bringing it back). With the rest of their engine and gameplay, it could be the best dino game ever. An actual JP license would be awesome, though.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 10:21:34 AM PST
bring it on

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 10:26:31 AM PST
Joel H. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 12:38:17 PM PST
Um...what?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions