Halo 4 is the best looking console game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 316 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:36:45 AM PST
So you like console graphics better?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:39:22 AM PST
Just call me Jesse Owens.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:41:03 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:43:52 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:46:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:50:47 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Couldn't disagree more. Many character models -- especially Elena -- just looked weird in Uncharted 3. I also didn't find the set piece design nearly as smartly designed and impressive as in Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 was a much more memorable game in the graphics department, enemy encounters, modeling, and set piece design. It felt like Uncharted 3 was trying to tick all of the Uncharted 2 boxes, recreating epic moments, but most fell short in comparison. The train section, such as the beginning part and the part a little more in once the flashback ends, tops the plane part. I also thought the enemy encounters were a lot less balanced and could become more frustrating because of how poorly conceived they were. Even though I'm bagging it a good deal, I still think it's a pretty game game, just not one of the better Uncharted's, which is a pretty high bar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:48:16 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I don't know, I've heard a lot of people say this. Killzone 3 felt too much like I was jumping from location to location, which didn't make me feel a connection to the universe. Killzone 2, however, was dark, moody, and oppressive, making Helghan and the Helghasts seem like feared foes. Killzone 2 had better atmosphere, motion blur, enemy encounters, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:49:27 AM PST
I. Flores says:
For a moment there, I thought you were sarcastically replying to one of don's horribly biased posts.
Unsurprisingly, you weren't.

**Antagonize the Sonymite™!***

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:55:25 AM PST
Well, Wanda just chuckles and moves on when I say stuff like this. It's amazing how mature he is at 17 years old.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:04:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:10:27 AM PST
Aah, I disagree. I thought thought Uncharted 3 was incredibly close to being as good as Uncharted 2. I just felt like the story, music, pacing, and villains weren't quite as good and/or polished. As far as the action, graphics, and multiplayer though, I thought Uncharted 3 obliterated Uncharted 2. None of it felt remotely like a retread. The sea levels alone were some of the coolest and most original set-piece sequences ever, but it's just that moments like when Lazarevic's men chase you in Nepal, when you're sneaking up on the bad guys looking for you during the storm in Shambhala, the helicopter fight in the city, and the train sequence just left such a practically insurmountable impact. Never before had an a video game been so ambitious in the overall execution of its action sequences as far as I know, and no matter how elevated the stakes are in sequels, it just won't be as powerful because of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:06:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:11:17 AM PST
Killone 2 wasn't nearly as varied as 3, but it most definitely had the better campaign because the atmosphere was that much better. The presentation was more consistent, and I also thought it had the better presented story and music.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:06:35 AM PST
"I thought Uncharted 3 obliterated Uncharted 2"

Woah, woah, obliterated? Come on. 3 looked a little bit better but this makes it sounds like 2 was garbage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:08:46 AM PST
Not even remotely, but Uncharted 3 is clearly the better looking game IMO.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:12:26 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
God help the person who claims that the Uncharted series isn't equivalent to the second coming of Christ. Wanda will hunt you down and harass you until he's blue in the face and hoarse with rage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:14:35 AM PST
JWK says:
Final Fantasy 13 is a gorgeous game. Technically, art style, everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:14:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:15:20 AM PST
"God help the person who claims that the Uncharted series isn't equivalent to the second coming of Christ."

You mean to say *pulls out wooden Keyblade* it isn't?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:16:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:08 AM PST
I. Flores says:
God forbid that you could just admit that the Uncharted series is a really damn good looking bunch of games. By doing so, a MS representative will hunt you down and harass you until you're blue in the face and hoarse with rage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:16:25 AM PST
"Final Fantasy 13 is a gorgeous game. Technically, art style, everything."

Agreed. Do you think it looks better than Uncharted 3?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:16:46 AM PST
...You know what's a better looking game then Uncharted 3?

[Insert any current gen multi-plat] on PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:16:48 AM PST
Keller says:
Agree, too bad it wasn't a very good game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:48 AM PST
The cutscenes on PS3 are the best looking thing on consoles, the gameplay is good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:54 AM PST
JWK says:
You know what? I will definitely give Wanda that. I may not care for his paragraph posts, but tons of people give him grief and he lets it roll off his back. If people gave me that type of grief at 17, I'd probably stop posting here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:24:05 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
They are good looking games for sure. I never said they weren't. I can just acknowledge that there are other games out there that look better.

Oh wait I have another one...Bayonetta. The Paradiso levels are some of the most beautiful environments I've ever seen in a console game. The fact that it runs at a rock solid 60 FPS on the 360 and has boss battles that are so incredibly huge and epic in scale doesn't hurt either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:20:20 AM PST
JWK says:
"Agreed. Do you think it looks better than Uncharted 3?"

I'm not sure. The art style is pretty different. I'd say the facial animations for example are probably twice as good in FFXIII than they are in Uncharted 3, but UC3's colors are much better.

Either way, UC3 is a much better action game than final fantasy XIII was an RPG.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:20:48 AM PST
I'ma 18, but I appreciate it you two =D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:21:28 AM PST
He's a good kid.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  316
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions