Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

First review of Black Ops: Declassified? ( owie)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 96 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:35:57 PM PST
DVvM says:
It may not be all on Activision, Sony may have offered Activision a bigger cut of the revenue if they could get a Vita Call of Duty in the stores in time for holiday. Which does not completely absolve Activision (since nobody except the indies should put out a game they've worked on for less than a year), but it does mean they're not entirely culpable (since Sony should have ensured that there would be a Call of Duty coming on the Vita even before the Vita launched.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:23:24 PM PST
I. Flores says:
The Vita? This game was murdered by Activision.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:51:24 PM PST
How so? Nihilistic was the developer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:29:02 PM PST
I. Flores says:
It's Activision's IP. They paid Nihilistic to have it made.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:34:13 PM PST
It was a collaboration between Sony and Activision. Sony desperately wanted CoD on Vita. Why do you think the developer of two Sony titles got the job of developing this game?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:36:33 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Amusingly after 200+ reviews on the PSN this game is still rated just short of 5 stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:52:05 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I find that the majority of downloadable games are very highly rated. I think Ridge Racer Vita is the one exception. Probably because they released a "game demo" that was nothing more than an interactive video.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:13:50 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Jesus, the game is fifty bucks too. Well, I can scratch this one off my must buy list.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:01:06 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
Another "system" seller that doesn't live up to their console brothers, the vita is doooooooooooooommmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddd

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 3:31:31 AM PST
Nicos says:
Why that is only a dollar per minute of gameplay! You won't find that kind of value anywhere else!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:37:52 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Resistance Vita isn't that highly rated either but it has a lot more reviews too. It seems that a lot of people have lousy taste in FPS.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:46:55 AM PST
29 Metascore, damn. I will skip this and wait for the Killzone game.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:54:17 AM PST
From last August:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/call-of-dutys-vita-developer-has-been-revealed

At Sony's PlayStation Press Conference at Gamescom, we were told a little bit more about the eagerly-anticipated PlayStation Vita game Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified. First teased last year and then officially announced back at E3,we never actually got to see a single screenshot or video of the game, nonetheless learn who was developing it.

Well, at least until now.

At the end of the Gamescom conference, the very first footage of the game was shown. And then over at the PlayStation Blog,Sony revealed some... well... some interesting news. Nihilistic Software is the game's developer.

If this throws up some flags for you, that's because Nihilistic is the studio behind both PlayStation Move Heroes and Resistance: Burning Skies, two utterly underwhelming games that hold a Metacritic score of 53 and 60, respectively.

While this doesn't necessarily mean Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified will suffer the same fate, it is a concerning decision by both Sony and Activision.

-------------------------------------

Let us hope that instigate isn't murdered like the other studios.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:49:10 AM PST
Flores, it's been a few hours since the last time you pointed out this game is published by Activision. You okay? Can you please make a post that says Black Ops Declassified is published by Activision so that we know you are still alive?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:14:37 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Alive and kicking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops_-_Declassified

>>Developer(s) nStigate Games
Publisher(s) Activision
Series Call of Duty<<

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:15:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 8:16:53 AM PST
....Black Ops?

More like Black Oops!

....Amirite?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:51:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 8:52:31 AM PST
Horowitz says:
It's at 60, which isn't very good, but it's not a trainwreck like this game. I thoroughly enjoyed it, mostly because it actually had a single player story that wasn't just a rushed single player like this one.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:18:45 PM PST
Horowitz says:
http://www.edge-online.com/review/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-review/

2/10

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:22:19 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Trust me I'm just pointing out that pro review sites go overboard when they don't like something and it's generally pointless to listen to their reviews. The average gamer or consumer may think this is a decent if not great game and user reviews are supporting that so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:25:36 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Perhaps when it's 60+, but games with a Metacritic south of 30 generally means it's a real pile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:26:37 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Well Metacritic uses pro reviews as well to balance out the user? I've never been to metacritic haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:04:19 PM PST
MetaCritic separates User reviews from Pro reviews (and I use the term Pro very loosely.)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:12:56 PM PST
Mel says:
Vita is worthless, we already knew this

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:13:36 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Bot

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:30:00 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Ok, I mean I'm sure this game is mediocre but if I liked FPS and had a Vita I might get it at $20 or somethin. These reviews seem like an over reaction just like Resistance Vita.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions