Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Which middle-of-the-road FPS should i buy, Syndicate or Singularity?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:28:35 PM PST
Nicos says:
Singularity! Go Raven! It also had some really fun weapons like the Bullet Time sniper rifle, the remote controlled bomb gun and you could mutate enemies or age them to dust!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:02:10 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Uzi coming strong, nice job Uzi.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:43:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 3:44:40 PM PST
If Far Cry 3 is anything like Far Cry 2, it'll end up as one of the worst games of this generation alongside Far Cry 2. While it wasn't a technical disaster like other crappy games, it was a disaster of a game in every other regard. Respawning generic NPCs? Check! Horrible map layout that had you constantly having to go around hills and stuff because there were invisible barriers? Check! Awful gimmicks like gun jamming, malaria, fixing your vehicle, etc? Check! Sloppy shooting mechanics? Check! Uninteresting story with bone dry characters? Check! Truly a horrendous game to play. It makes Big Rigs look like it was designed by Ken Levine or Harvey Smith.

I do have hopes that Far Cry 3 will be awesome, but it better be much different than the second game.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:22:52 PM PST
Singularity is under $10 with free shipping on Gamefly and not much more anywhere else realistically. Syndicate is $10 on Black Friday here. I say get both. One leans in a horror direction, the other in a sort of Deus Ex direction.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:18:44 PM PST
Singularity.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:58:48 PM PST
raul says:
Singularity is amazing. It has some really cool weapons and not a bad story.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:41:50 PM PST
Get Singularity!
End thread!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:23:03 PM PST
Syndicate is a no-frills shooter, has neat skills.
Sinularity is in the backlog, so dunno.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:35:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 1:36:40 PM PST
Marvelous says:
I even liked the Malaria touch, I mean it didn't happen all that often, but it was hectic if you were in the middle of a gun fight. I espeically loved the damage, in that it showed your character pulling bullets out of leg, or snapping his fingers back in place.

I have a friend that gets motion sickness from cinematic camera angels in games, I usually like to make fun of him telling him to man the eff up! Lol jk I mean I get it, I know it bothers some peoples eyes, but they definitely found a target audience with guys like me. I'm all about cinematics, those crazy camera movements that mimic what our heads really do.

If you noticed though, alot of FPS are now starting to follow suit in the extra camera work. I was even suprised to see it in Halo 4.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:23:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 1:26:07 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Other than the malaria that is the only thing I didn't like about the game the extra first person camera. That's interesting to know you actually like that. You're the guy they are going after, they made the game for you. I remember the devs talking about that in FC2 like it was a big deal.

I couldn't even play the game thru that xtra first person camera made me sick to my stomach and I loved the game 5 camera angles to get into a car or open a doo made me ill. I even re bought the game and gave it another shot I liked the game so much other than that but I got sick again, dizzy queezy, headache.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:23:09 PM PST
I thought the MP in Singularity was a lot of fun...especially when you played as the creatures.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:18:58 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
A bonus is the MP is SIngularity that should make your decision easier. Not sure if anyone still player but maybe enough for a game here and there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:17:38 PM PST
Marvelous says:
I've seen all the E3 videos, as well as the most recent gameplay videos and Far Cry 3 is looking to be way more polished than Far Cry 2. The biggest issue with 2 was the constant enemy spawning, other than that it had some of the best shooting mechanics in the genre, and it probably had the best sniping this generation.

The Extra first person camera shaking is what seperetes Far Cry from the other games in the genre. I personally love extra first person that shows the camera moving around as if you really where there.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:07:36 PM PST
I'm another one for Singularity. I really enjoyed this game. I have Syndicate but haven't played it yet. I played the demo and it was alright which is why I'm not rushing into the actual game.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:59:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 1:16:51 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Marvelous, those were cut scenes at E3 if that's what you're referring to. Of course the setting is different, that's a given. You remember the annoying malaria, well they do something similar here that's super annoying close up cameras to make you feel extra first person like FC2, as well to reveal the map on each level you have to climb as the picture shakes and likely the control vibrates as you climb up a mountain to find a map activation point that sounds annoying. Climbing cool shaking camera and controller lame. I deleted my FC3 order after seeing the most recent vids and preordered the near perfect Hitman.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:32:33 PM PST
Singularity...cant say enough

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:19:30 PM PST
Singularity is a great game, seriously. I bought it used on a whim a few weeks ago and couldn't put it down til I beat it. Haven't played Syndicate.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:12:39 PM PST
Kendahl says:
OP: Singularity is $5 at Gohastings (used). Yesterday they offered free shipping... How can you go wrong? But the question is why do you need either? I guarantee you already have a backlog...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:10:46 PM PST
I totally agree with this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:08:56 PM PST
I actually really liked both of them (I know hard to believe), however, I liked Singularity a whole lot more. Singularity is a really good game...very underrated in my opinion.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:37:03 AM PST
Thanks for all the input, guys. I think I'm gonna go with Singularity. I like the time travel/sci-fi vibe.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:26:07 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I did enjoy playing Singularity, it tried something different while bringing for a new kind of story in the FPS genre. like Metro 2033 though, I felt the game suffered mostly from the "generic" shooting mechanics. Syndicate is slightly sharper in this aspect, and I think Sundicate had more appeal for me because it has alot of those cinematic moments.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:21:14 AM PST
Singularity is actually a pretty good game.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:15:35 AM PST
I haven't played Syndicate, but I have played Singularity. It's a pretty fun hybrid of a lot of other well known franchises, but still manages to have its own voice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:11:16 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Do you wear glasses, and forget to wear them when watching the Far Cry 3 videos??? How can you mistake a tropical island for a deserted Africa?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions