Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 678 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 30, 2013 8:39:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 13, 2014 7:04:09 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 1:25:27 PM PDT
I make my gold doing CoF dungeon runs, but not the p1 farming way.

I have 5 lvl 80 characters. I run p1 and p2 with each of them. Then I use the tokens to buy the rare armor (30 each with helm/boots) and salvage them for ectos. Sell the ectos and make profit. I can usually make about 20g in about 2 hours. Not bad, plus it's fun since I'm using different professions, even though it's the same paths. It's more entertaining than speed farming p1 with 4 warriors/1 mesmer, imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 6:51:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2013 6:44:29 AM PDT
SMH says:
True...I have messed around with it over the past few days and have done ok. I started with about 6 gold and now have 16, so that's a good start. I would have more but I've been steadily using gold as well for other things, most notably buying new armor at about 3 gold per piece.

So far I've had the best success with vials of powerful blood, being able to buy them for about 26 silver and selling them for about 32.8. Not bad netting a couple silver per item. I haven't looked at too many different items yet to see what better margins are out there though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 1:04:08 PM PDT
Coffee says:
I haven't recently. Mostly because I got moved to a German server, and that place is riddled with farming bots (the guys who teleport from node to node). I used to buy up mats cheap, refine them into wood/ingots and sell at a small, but decent profit. For some reason, people pay about 1.15x the cost of the refined good as compared to the mats required to make them.

These German bots have ruined that profit for me.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:54:40 PM PDT
SMH says:
Have any of you experimented with flipping items on the TP? Farming gold is a reeeeaaallllly long process...there has to be a better way.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 6:38:24 AM PST
SMH says:
I hit level 76 over the weekend...My story is really picking up over these last few levels and that's pretty much all I have been doing along with a WvW event the other night. I'm excited to see what I can get into once I hit 80. I plan on getting there in the next couple of days.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:25:45 AM PST
I hit 80 a while back and continued playing for a while. I've 100% completed every holiday event so far, so I'll continue to jump in and do those, but for now I have some other RPG's to keep me company (Ni No Kuni).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:59:35 AM PST
I haven't jumped in for almost two months. I think putting so much time into it early on kind of burned me out too quick.

I'm sure I'll play again at some point, but there are far too many games I'm playing to add an MMO to the list.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 7:53:34 AM PST
SMH says:
How are you guys doing out there? I just hit 65 a couple days ago. After not playing much over the last couple of weeks I had a couple decent sessions and gained about 10 levels...working my way closer to 80.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 12:43:20 PM PST
B. Ahrens says:
Very interesting and informative. I can't read very much about GW2 at work, as most of the sites are blocked, and by the time I get home, I'd rather just play the game :)

Wish there were other ways to earn laurels than just daily/monthly achievements....or are there?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:12:38 AM PST
Not bad. White and Wrath usually sell for a nice amount.

I bought celestial and abyss when they were 1.2/3.5g respectively, now they're stupidly expensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:08:55 AM PST
Yeah, you can buy ascended trinkets (pink items) from laurel vendors. I think they did that for people who don't want to grind fractals to get them. I used my laurels to buy the 5 unidentified dyes and got some great drops from it. White dye, sapphire dye, charcoal dye, wrath dye and a bunch of purple dye I would never use. Just sold those.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:04:06 AM PST
Oh, I think there's another page on those vendors with the pink amulets / rings, convenience items, and pets.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:00:13 AM PST
B. Ahrens says:
@Dave - lol, I know what you mean. The good news is, they don't all "reset", so your progress in a given daily is saved. They must have a rotating schedule of 7-14 different types of "daily" you can do.

@Capt K - interesting...don't even know about Anti-Corruption gear! If you go to the Laurel vendor in LA by all the dungeon vendors, they will sell you a "box of XXXX gear". It's just two pieces of rare/exotic gear, lvl 78-80, that your class could use. I've done it once and got a lvl 80 rare bow, and lvl 80 rare pants. Both were immediately salvaged.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:46:55 AM PST
I didn't even find the boxes. Where are those?

No, you don't have to be super geared to do lower Fractals. You do need anti-corruption gear to do upper fractals (greater than level 10).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:46:05 AM PST
SMH says:
Dailies for me should be called weeklies.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 6:41:25 AM PST
B. Ahrens says:
I thought you could only buy the "warrior box" or something, which just had some random gear in it for that specific class. Only 5 laurels per box. There are other gear vendors? Neat!

What's the deal with Fractals? Do you need to be reasonably geared to go in there? Seems like that's what all the kids in Lion's Arch are doing these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 10:01:19 AM PST
The laurel gear actually looks pretty dang nice. And it's relatively cheap too, ~25 laurels for a nice ring or amulet.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 9:54:51 AM PST
B. Ahrens says:
Anyone spend Laurels on daily gear yet? I'm curious what type of crap they give you. Seems like an easy way to get some nice items.

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 12:56:21 PM PST
B. Ahrens says:
Hmm...I'm not sure. They have new vendors for the dailies, but other than that, nothing I can think of.

I've been slacking on my dailies...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 2:12:37 PM PST
No there's a new one I thought, but I don't have any details since I can't access any GW2 info at work.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 2:05:35 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
I'll usually only stick around an area for the two to three minutes it takes me to finish a heart, and the dailies really added to my experience bucket.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 1:03:28 PM PST
B. Ahrens says:
@Cheezeman - Are you referring to the Sea of Sorrows (i think that's what it is) zone? There was a world event a few months back that involved that, but I haven't heard anything since, nor have I been able to get to that zone.

One good trick for leveling is actually to save your story quests until the end 5-10 levels. You can knock out the early quests (lvl 1-30ish quests) with ease and gain a few levels pretty quickly.

Also, exploration is KEY! You can get so much XP just from running around, completing an event/skill point here and there; it's almost unfair.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 12:48:12 PM PST
SMH says:
I'm with you on that. 45-50 seemed to fly by, when I was struggling a bit before that. Some tips here definitely helped that along.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 8:30:45 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
The 40s moved a LOT faster than the 30s did. Nimmi's now at 53. :D
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions