Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Just played "Rage", here's some helpful hints and tips.......

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 9:08:35 PM PST
pyroguy says:
After completing my very first playthrough on Easy (currently playing on Normal now), here's a few hints and tips that I thought i'd share:

1) After the beginning cutscene when Dan Hagar rescues you from the 2 Ghost Bandits, you can loot their bodies for an early cash grab!!!

(NOTE: The cash you get from those 2 guys is random)

2) Get the Monocular before going to the Ghost Hideout!! This little item tends to be skipped over by other players, but I find the scope it gives you for your pistol (double-barrel shotgun for the "Anarchy Edition" too) extremely helpful, as it provides instant headshots to your enemies if you're low on Sniper Rifle ammo

3) Craft plenty of items and ammo!!! Depending on which area you visit or re-visit, stock up on plenty of items to craft. Because when playing areas like the Shrouded Bunker for example, you'd want to upgrade the Fatboy bullets to the Fat Mammas for your pistol, because they'll down the Shrouded Minigunners with a few shots to the head when zooming in with your Monocular (especially when playing on the Hard and Nightmare Difficulty levels)

4) Don't be afraid to fallback to a previous area!!! If you find yourself about to be killed, let alone ambushed, fallback to a previous area and ambush any bandits/mutants that charge after you.

5) Do the Sewer missions before heading off to the Dead City for the first time!!! I say this, is because at the very end of the Kvasir's Sewer mission, there's a Rocket Launcher laying next to the top step that's easy to miss. Because picking this up early, the Outfitters shop will immediately start selling ammo for it and will make the Giant Mutant boss fight incredibly easy.

6) Re-visit Crazy Joe's Swamp and the Ghost Hideout for extra Night Blossoms and Comet Blooms!!! Every so often these 2 plants, particularly the Night Blossom, will re-spawn and allow you to collect them either to sell or to keep for medicinal recipes. However, there is a glitch you can exploit to make the Comet Bloom to constantly re-spawn by the Ghost Hideout, simply by entering and immediately exiting.

7) Stock up on Pop Rockets!!! One of the ingredients you can collect (especially when going for the "Master Chef" achievement) is one that makes Pop Rockets for your Shotgun/Double-Barrel Shotgun. Because this'll make fights with the Krakens and Large Mutants (those big ones that carry mortars) very easy (at least until you get the Rocket Launcher), although switch back to Buckshot if you have any Sentry Bots helping you fight, because the splash damage from the Pop Rockets will kill them too.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:01:25 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
You are about 2 years late. No one cares anymore.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:23:03 PM PST
Joshua C says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:03:45 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 17, 2013 7:51:26 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:37:15 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Tip 350: prepare yourself for the ending of all endings. It doesn't get any better than the endingn of this tech demo.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:28:27 AM PST
I think this is helpful. i just picked up the game at target last week when they had a buy 2 get 1 free deal going on. Thanks for the tips pyro.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:35:47 AM PST
Aku says:
Is that infinite cash trick from using those flowers still viable? You could get a bunch of them and sell them to a vendor while buying then back for less, repeatedly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:04:42 AM PST
waxc3 says:
loved it for a week. moved on. i agree this posting is oddly crazy late.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:38:25 AM PST
pyroguy says:
you mean the Comet Bloom? yeah it's still viable, but i'd recommend not selling them until you farmed quite a few (at least 12 or more). Because they're part of the important Regenerative Infusion recipe given to you by Dietrich after completing the "Abandoned Distillery" side-quest.

to DustinMcLain:

Anytime dude!!! I'm glad my tips are helping out, as i'm still somewhat new to the game and exploring everywhere, hence the late posting. But since no one on here hasn't posted any tips-or-tricks of their own (or their posts/threads were buried), I figured i'd make one of my own. Oh, and on some levels, there's gonna be some wooden crates that are breakable that'll appear on some of the later stages, which will sometimes have some goodies in them (either extra bandages or Feltrite Crystals)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:48:42 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Why does the ending suck so bad? I don't plan on playing this so I don't care about spoilers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:52:56 AM PST
pyroguy says:
because most were expecting a big boss battle at the very end of the game. While it was a bit of a downer that there wasn't one, it was a somewhat interesting twist they did (I think they're saving it for a possible "Rage 2")

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:55:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:55:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
****************MASSIVE RAGE SPOILER************

Absolutely nothing happens.

********************END SPOILER*****************

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:09:23 AM PST
lol exactly

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:16:32 AM PST
new Tron says:
Some helpful tips and hints about Rage.

1. Don't play the game.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:16:38 AM PST
I got annoyed when despite my powerful PC, the game couldn't run... I had an ATI card... it didn't seem to like those.

A YEAR later i got it working and wwwwwelll... yeah not worth the wait. Another in a long line of games I spent way too much time in a car than actually fighting something. Which... even when inside a building wasn't all that fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:17:43 PM PST
pyroguy says:
did you upgrade the graphics card? I've heard stories that the ATI series of graphics cards doesn't really work all that well with this game, at least ones that's in the 4200 range (which is what I have unfortunately)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:29:27 PM PST
Crabman says:
>after playing the game on easy

I stopped there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:35:04 PM PST
Nice to see other people loved Rage as well! One of the most underrated games this gen, as well as one of my all time fav FPS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:38:11 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Yeah, I thought it was fun. Not great, but good. Definitely more than worth the $10 or so I spent on it. The card game was pretty fun as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:13:09 AM PST
waxc3 says:
the first two thirds of the game build up very nicely.
then as the end is approaching and you expect bigger better things.... the game has a last fight and the end.
the whole final 1/3 of the game all of the sudden is a 20 minute section, roll credits.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:39:07 AM PST
pyroguy says:
exactly!!! Plus, after looking up some information on IGN's website the other day, you can even re-enter the Gearhead Vault as many times as you want (that's after clearing out the enemies first), because you can loot the 8 ATM machines over-and-over for fast cash. Something that I didn't even know about at first.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:21:01 PM PST
yeah. find the easter eggs. get the collectible cards. that's all the hints you really need.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:26:20 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Haha, yeah that ending was "epic", lol.

Anyway, I liked Rage as a bargain buy but I have to disagree with some of these "tips".

I hated the monocle.
Pop rockets destroy all loot.
Just do the side missions in general

I got 16+ hours out of this game and I didn't do all the races or even most of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:54:29 AM PST
pyroguy says:
you should only use the Pop Rockets either for the 2 big mutants (like the Kraken or the Large ones that pack grenade launchers) if you're out/low on rocket ammo, and they even work extremely well on Authority Enforcers that carry shields, as the explosions severely weakens their shields when constantly bombarded.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:42:58 PM PST
sorry Pyroguy,.. but this forum is full of jaded cynical gamers who hate 99% of games.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions