Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Got to give it to Sony on this last generation.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 189 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 4:03:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 4:23:46 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Yeah, they're in financial trouble, but man have they invested tons of money creating new IPs for their different platforms these last years (Vita+PS3). And they continue doing so!

Some of the games I remember right now:
-Uncharted
-Little Big Planet
-Infamous
-Beyond
-The Last Guardian (one can dream)
-Soul Sacrifice
-Gravity Rush
-Heavy Rain
-Resistance
-The Last of Us
-Tearaway

I never really enjoyed the PS2 era but I'll make a guess and assume it got plenty of new IPs too, like God of War and Killzone.
Thanks Sony, for pushing out new and creative first party games, even if they don't end up selling like Halo or COD.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:28:57 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Sony won this generation for me as well. Most exclusives that I actually wanted to play by a longshot. Next gen I will say looks very good for the PC IMO. Microsoft and Sony are looking for ways to keep charging super high prices while taking away the option for used games. If Im forced to go this route I might as well buy through Steam, GOG, and GMG and at least get some good deals.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 4:42:55 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
This generation isn't over yet! hehe. In my opinion they will announce the PS4 this next E3 and release it on 2014. There's also a statement somewhere on the internet where a Sony spokesperson said they got 3 years more worth of first party content headed to the PS3.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:45:46 PM PST
Even though Sony was SECOND for this gen, IMO (behind Nintendo), I would take them over M$ anyday. At least Sony tries to make original IP's, whereas M$ rehashes what few IP's they have.

I personally think that the reason why Sony's exclusives aren't selling is BECAUSE of Halo and COD (WHY can't people just grow out of these games?!?)

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:48:11 PM PST
DVvM says:
I don't think there's any reason for me to decide who "won" a generation. Anybody who made a game I really like is a winner in my book.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:55:04 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
Demons Souls as well!!!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:56:47 PM PST
Is it too late to vote for Virtual Boy?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 4:58:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 5:03:56 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Damn! Forgot about that one :)

@DVvMele Kalikimaka
We're not talking winners, we're just grateful for Sony and their games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:06:09 PM PST
DVvM says:
Sony does definitely deserve credit for pushing the envelope with games, even if the results weren't always great.

I mean, I'm on record for strenuously disliking Heavy Rain, but Sony really believed in that game and they pushed it hard. Good for them.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:46:06 PM PST
John McClane says:
That looks more like a flopopedia of games.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:58:30 PM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
+ Killzone

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:34:54 PM PST
C.W. says:
What!? You didn't like Heavy Rain? For some reason I have always thought that would be a game you'd be into.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:38:36 PM PST
DVvM says:
"Strenuously dislike" may be putting it softly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:39:55 PM PST
C.W. says:
Wow. I'm genuinely surprised. What did you not like about it?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:59:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:00:58 PM PST
this generation has been over since last year with the 3DS. any time a new format comes out as a standard for gaming years after the previous generation has been around, i consider the generation over, and the new one to start.

and as far as Sony exclusive titles? i only liked Heavy Rain, MGS4, Demon's Souls, and Uncharted 1 up to this point. the rest were either good, great, or meh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:12:56 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Killzone is an IP that started with the PS2, I was just listing games that started with the PS3 .. impressive right? :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:21:45 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Flopopedia?

Lol

A few of those games are better rated than 100% of 360 exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:23:16 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Don't be surprised. DV dislikes most/all Sony games this gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:25:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:27:21 PM PST
DVvM says:
Also most/all Microsoft games. But "Halo doesn't interest me at all, and Gears was horrible after the first one, and Forza is pretty meh" gets old after a while since Microsoft doesn't exactly take creative risks in big games.

I was giving Sony credit for taking risks with backing Heavy Rain like they did. I didn't personally like the game, but why would anybody care about that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:26:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:29:49 PM PST
I. Flores says:
>>Also most/all Microsoft games.<<

That's easy, if you're not into shooters.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:30:55 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Uh, no.
Handheld generations=/=console generations.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:31:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:34:04 PM PST
DVvM says:
I liked Demon's Souls, Infamous 1&2, and what I played of Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 quite a bit.

I just dislike Uncharted, God of War (except for the first one), Resistance and Killzone much like I dislike Halo and Gears of War (except for the first one).

Sony puts out more games I dislike because I dislike most games and Sony (usually) puts out more of them. But neither Sony nor MS do very much towards "putting out the kinds of games that I like to play" which is why I see no good reason to own both.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:38:34 PM PST
Brad Michael says:
Journey and The Unfinished Swan and Flower belong on that list IMO. If only for being unique.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:38:56 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Love Sony exclusives this gen, MS got a few good ones here and there (Alan WaKe/shmups) but yeah Sony is ahead for me.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:46:13 PM PST
Alan wake on PC aswell
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions