Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Do you buy game-related comics, books or art books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 4:12:39 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I enjoy them a lot, there's some decent/good authors out there that really come up with good narratives and beautiful art.
I have checked the Darksiders Vault book, some of the Halo novels and I got Hyrule Historia pre-ordered, what about you guys?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:53:31 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I buy some novels. I've read most of the halo ones, some of the mass effect books, even though I don't really like the game,well I never played the third one and don't plan on doing so. I've always avoided the gears boks because karen traviss's writing can bore me sometimes, but she did do a decent job with the Thursday war. I tried a sample of one of the darkstalkers books and didn't really like it.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:57:20 PM PST
Sometimes.

I have The Calling (Dragon Age). And The Last Wish.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:03:39 PM PST
A few. I own The BioShock novel, and I'm getting the art book for Infinite, as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:13:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 5:13:46 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
oh yeah, I need to check those mass effect books :)
What about artbooks?

@Private Quentin Tarantino Fan
Didn't know it was a separate pre-order, do you have a link?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:18:18 PM PST
Smarty says:
I`ve got the book of Cain, mass effect art book, assassins creed 1 art book, elder scrolls art book. I like art books. If i enjoy the series, i try to get the art books.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:22:57 PM PST
I read the Batman Arkham Unhinged comics, which exist in the same continuity as the games rather than the current New 52 continuity. They're hit or miss but a few issues have been REALLY good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:35:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 5:37:02 PM PST
The Art of Bioshock Infinite

In case you are wondering, I'm getting the BioShock Infinite art book via the Pre-order special edition.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:00:31 PM PST
OoAK says:
I've got pretty much all of the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, & Gears of War comics/novels.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:05:08 PM PST
AndrewA says:
The halo novels I've read were enjoyable enough. I haven't really read anything for other series.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:08:20 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
did you like glasslands? I skipped that one. The sample turned me off completely. I read Thursday war just because I knew the Didact was hinted toward. I wanted to read how Lucy got her voice back in Glasslands, but also heard it was really a wimpy moment, and should have been executed much better.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:13:35 PM PST
Krypto K says:
I have one of the Sly Cooper comics that took place in between 2 and 3. I thought they should've done a PSP game based on the comics series, maybe on Vita.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions