Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Voter apparently dies; revives to make sure he voted

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 85 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:36:59 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
The individual acts that make up a bullying case do tend to be illegal, but difficult to enforce without witnesses or people willing to testify, and on an individual basis do not appear to be worth the time and effort to address.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:37:36 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Because he's already died before the next guy becomes president.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:39:12 PM PST
Everything ok Silver?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:39:32 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:45 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:40:01 PM PST
Bîtter says:
How would "they" prove a case of "bullying"???....Would they consult Amazon on a ruling???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:40:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:42:28 PM PST
He might be alive. I don't see an update on the story.

But the thing is you can't always predict death. That 80-year-old with cancer might live another decade. The 20-year-old in the voting booth next to him might get hit by a car on the way home and die.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:40:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:42:25 PM PST
Bîtter says:
Hi Sweetie*...winks*...Ok...I'm gonna pick up a nice bottle of wine on the way home and watch the returns tonight(*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:42:08 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Now now now God. That's not being very tolerant. Some punk/meathead/d-bag whatever manipulating/picking on/tormenting/harassing a kid not his size goes back a loooong ways. Society has seen what can be the result. If they can fine for truancy, (my high school did that after I left), then they can fine, and punish for bullying incidents. Obviously it would be very difficult, verbal accounts, witnesses, etc.

There should be something done other than the school saying "we can't do anything about it". I certainly do not claim to have the answer, that is for sure.

Nothing wrong with a kids old man encouraging to stand up for himself and not show weakness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:45:18 PM PST
I didn't think this far, since most of the bullying I encountered last year in middle school and before was this:

1. A lie being spread that I called a girl a slut (my friends also didn't like this; at lunch we told the assistant principal)
2. Pencils being thrown at me
3. Being pushed
4. Name calling
5. "Playing" with my name (Not saying it correctly ON PURPOSE)
6. Being called special

Yeah, only two were physical. But, maybe someone has to tell either Parents or a teacher, and the parent, when informed, has to call the bully's parents, and they send him off to either military school or jail.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:46:13 PM PST
Yeah, just that if Romney wins, my friend might move to Canada.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:49:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:50:59 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Most of those things are technically illegal (slander, verbal assault, physical assault), but as I stated before, individually don't seem to be worth the time and effort to enforce particularly when minors are involved. Taken as a whole it's a much more serious matter, but extremely difficult to prove or hold individuals accountable for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:51:46 PM PST
That sucks, and I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that. But people lying about you or calling you names is not a justification for that person to go to jail.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:52:32 PM PST
Yeah, because the Bully will try to deny it. I think the big issue here is that others rarely stand up for the victim.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:52:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:56:13 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
I think wishing death on the old dude is pretty harsh. The article doesn't even say who he voted for, and there are lots of Christians voting for Obama, too. Remember, not all liberals are godless heathens. Additionally, not all people voting for Obama are liberals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:52:54 PM PST
And even if those guilty were charged with something, they'd have to be charged as minors.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:54:31 PM PST
And this year, so far, we had FOUR boys get suspended for towel whipping in the locker rooms (and one of them had an extra day for showing his private area in the shower).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:58:38 PM PST
And towel whipping is certainly physical abuse that should be punished...but again, does it deserve jail time?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:59:50 PM PST
Not towel whipping, since it IS typical boy behavior. However, I was a witness; and the Assistant Principal summoned me to talk about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:06:07 PM PST
Bîtter says:
That's for sure!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:07:13 PM PST
All those forms of bullying you previously mentioned are pretty typical for kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:09:01 PM PST
Yeah. Everyone thinks I did the right thing by telling the Assistant Principal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:16:35 PM PST
You certainly did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:19:53 PM PST
And I agree. I wish more kids would simply tell a teacher.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:21:50 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
What, and risk being bullied?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:24:47 PM PST
They'd be doing the right thing.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
No Man's Sky possibly delayed. Say it ain't so! 3 7 minutes ago
Holy crap, The Last Blade 2 just showed up on PSN! 4 34 minutes ago
ok, so having played "DOOM" and unlocked all weapon and Rune upgrades...... 37 38 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming 23 MAY 16 - 27 MAY 16 120 43 minutes ago
OT: Further proof that liberalism is a mental illness 6 46 minutes ago
OT: Uncharted 4.....LOL at this one scene. Spoilers! 79 51 minutes ago
Cheers, love! Overwatch reviews are coming in 74 54 minutes ago
NBA 2K16 free to play for Goldmembers 0 1 hour ago
PSA: Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir demo now up on PS4, wiith Vita version coming next week 12 1 hour ago
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan reviews 160 1 hour ago
Bing rewards - cant redeem points for Amazon gift Card 59 1 hour ago
Indian government rejects the advances of sodomite Tim Cook: they will not allow Apple Stores 4 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions